Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Uloric (febuxostat): Boxed Warning Added – Due to Increased Risk of Death with Gout Medicine.
- Tesla is recalling 68,673 model year 2014-2016 Model S vehicles equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger front airbag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment.
- Ferrari North America recalls vehicles with airbag inflator issue. The passenger front airbag inflator may explode.
- Kia recalls previously repaired Optimas, Sorentos and Sportages. The high pressure fuel pipe that connects to the fuel pump outlet may have been damaged, misaligned or improperly torqued during the engine replacement procedure, possibly causing a fuel leak.
- Model year 2010-2014 Subarus with airbag inflator issue recalled. The vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger front airbag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment.
- 2019 Ford Fusion Energi recalled for uncovered fuse in high-voltage area. In approximately 2,100 cars, there might be an exposed fuse due to a small space behind the fuse access panel. If the fuse is touched, it could cause harm.
- Lifeworks Technology Group is recalling some of its 12-volt heated seat cushions, USB powered heated seat cushions and 12-volt heated blankets. The products pose a fire or burn risk.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Consumer complaints about pieces of glass or plastic in Boston Market brand dinners have prompted the recall more than 86 tons of the frozen meals from retailers nationwide.
- Nature’s Path Foods is recalling EnviroKidz Choco Chimps, Gorilla Munch and Jungle Munch cereals. The products may contain gluten (wheat and barley), which is not declared on the label.
- Lean Culinary Services, LLC Recalls Ready To Eat Chicken Salad Products due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- J Bar B Foods Recalls Ready-To-Eat Smoked Sausage Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Fulton Seafood Inc. Recalls Siluriformes Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- TV Food LLC, non-federally inspected establishment, is recalling approximately 27,956 pounds of Siluriformes, specifically Yellow Hito (catfish), products because the products were not presented for import re-inspection into the United States.
- Bellisio Foods Recalls Boneless Pork Rib Frozen Entrée Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Authorities in the United Kingdom are investigating a foodborne outbreak linked to avocado oil mayonnaise. It is suspected to be caused by too low acidity due to a production error leading to absence of vinegar in the product prompting a mold and Salmonella risk.
- Concord Fresh Success Recall Mild Salsa Seasoning Mix Due To Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- Chukar Cherries Expands Recall Of Amaretto Rainier Ultra Dark Chocolate Cherries Pouches Due To Undeclared Milk.
- Gilda Industries, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Butter Pound Cake.
- Meijer Recalls Mint Meijer Brand Ultimate Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies Due to an Undeclared Soy Allergen.
- Smoked Alaska Seafoods recalls Smoked Silver Salmon. The product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Sid Wainer and Son of New Bedford, Mass., is recalling 5.2-oz., containers of Jansal Valley brand Dukkah, an Egyptian condiment consisting of a mixture of herbs, nuts and spices. The product may contain pieces of glass.
Infant & Children Products:
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Holiday Milk Bottles Due To Laceration Hazard. The plastic straw that comes with the milk bottle can crack or break, posing a laceration hazard.
- Kingston Pharma recalls DG Baby Gripe Water. The product contains an undissolved ingredient — citrus flavonoid.
- Salmonella infant formula illnesses increase; strain related to past outbreak.
- SRAM Recalls Bicycle Gear Hubs Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. The brakes in the gear hubs can fail, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
- Shearwater Recalls Diving Transmitters Due to Drowning Hazard. The transmitters can fail to signal the tank pressure due to interference while using two transmitters in the same dive. This poses a drowning hazard to divers.
- Academy Sports + Outdoors Recalls Turkey Fryer Due to Fire Hazard. The turkey fryer spout can leak oil, posing a fire hazard.
- CVB Recalls LUCID folding mattress-sofas. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com