Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Auromedics Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Linezolid Injection 600mg/300ml, due to Presence White Particulate Matter that has been Identified as Mold.
- Fiat Chrysler is recalling 1.8 million mostly heavy-duty Ram pickups to fix a part that could allow the truck to shift out of park and roll without depressing the brake pedal, a problem the automaker knows to be potentially related to seven injuries and a “small number” of accidents.
- Aston Martin The Americas is recalling 3,493 model year 2009-2016 DB9s, 2009-2012 DBSs, 2010-2015 Rapides, 2012 Virages, and 2014 Vanquishes equipped with a 6-Speed Touchtronic II Automatic Transmission. A communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM) can cause the transmission park pawl to not engage.
- Piaggio Group Americas is recalling 1,856 model year 2016-2017 Aprilia RSV4 1000 motorcycles (including RR, Factory Superpole, and RF Superpole), and model year 2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 motorcycles (including RR and Factory Superpole). The motorcycles are equipped with Brembo front brake master cylinders that may fail.
- Honda has issued a recall on certain 2017 Honda VT1300CX Fury motorcycles and 2010 and 2016 Honda VT1300CX Fury motorcycles that received a replacement fuel tank. In the affected models, the fuel tank may be missing welds around the mounting bracket.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Deere & Company of Moline, Ill., is recalling about 68,300 John Deere Crossover Gator utility vehicles. The steering shaft can separate from the steering rack assembly and result in a loss of vehicle steering control, posing a crash hazard.
- Grand Design RV is recalling 3,969 model year 2017-2018 Reflection and Imagine travel trailers equipped with a Smart-Jack model power tongue jack. The laminated plastic touch pad on the jack may crack or separate allowing water to enter, potentially causing the jack to operate unintentionally and increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
- Winnebago Industries is recalling 58 model year 2017-2018 Grand Tour and Journey motorhomes. The battery cables and hydraulic lines may not be properly secured, allowing them to contact the driveshaft or exhaust system, potentially resulting in an electrical short or hydraulic fluid leak.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- New Seasons Market Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Packaged Macaroni and Cheese.
- Daisy’s Bakery Inc. Issues Alert on Undeclared Milk In “Gourmet Concha”.
- Harris Teeter recalls HT Traders Mama Biscotti Mini Biscotti – Triple Chocolate. The product may contain almonds and hazelnuts, allergens not declared on the label.
- Swift Beef Company Recalls Beef Stew Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- T. Marzetti Company is recalling all “Best By” dates of Marshalls Old Fashioned Southern Style Biscuits in 12 count packages because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Nodine’s Smokehouse, Inc. of Torrington, Connecticut is recalling Smoked Salmon 1.5 lbs, 8 oz packages. Lot numbers 40173 and 33173 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
Infant & Children Products:
- The Land of Nod Recalls Toddler Beds Due to Entrapment Hazard. The headboard can disconnect from the bed frame and fall onto the bed, posing an entrapment hazard to children.
- Rocky Mountain Bicycles Recall Mountain Bicycles Due to Crash Hazard. The brake cable housing was not secured properly during manufacturing, which can cause brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.
- Western Gas Recalls to Inspect Propane Gas Due To Fire and Burn Hazards. The recalled propane may not contain sufficient levels of odorant to help alert consumers to a gas leak. Failure to detect leaking gas can present fire, explosion and thermal burn hazards.
- HealthPostures Recalls IntimateRider Chair and RiderMate Bench Due to Fall Hazard. The stitching on the cloth cover can loosen, posing fall and injury hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com