Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Aston Martin is recalling all DB11s for faulty Daimler steering-column components that can cause unintended airbag deployments.
- Ford issues service repair to fix blown Focus RS head gaskets for 2016 and 2017 model-year Focus RS hatchbacks built from Aug. 3, 2015, through July 6, 2017, and includes title branded and salvaged vehicles. Affected vehicles may show noticeable white smoke from the exhaust or low coolant levels without signs of external leaks.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Panera Bread is recalling all 2- and 8-ounce tubs of its cream cheese sold in its U.S. locations because tests of samples showed contamination by Listeria monocytogenes, a potentially deadly foodborne pathogen.
- Perdue Foods LLC Recalls Chicken Products due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens. The product contains eggs, a known allergen which is not declared on the product label.
- Listeria risk prompts recall of Member’s Mark frozen meatballs. Rich Products Corp., a New Jersey food company, is recalling more than a ton of frozen meatballs packaged under the Sam’s Club brand “Member’s Mark” because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- National Frozen Foods Corporation Recalls Frozen Green Beans and Frozen Mixed Vegetables Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Salmonella risk spurs sesame seed recall; few details provided. The recalled sesame seeds include ARZ Fine Foods brand 1-pound containers and unbranded bulk packages of various, unspecified weights. “Industry” initiated the recall, according to a notice posted Thursday by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- Sun Noodle – New Jersey – Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Fish in Tonkotsu Ramen.
- Canada recalls coconut; same brand linked to U.S. outbreak. The same brand of frozen, shredded coconut that has been linked to a multistate outbreak of Salmonella in the United States is now under recall in Canada, as well as two other brands.
- Productos Pacheco Inc Issues The Alert Of Unreported Allergens: Wheat, Soy, Egg, Milk And Dyes Not Declared In Their Bakery Products.
- Arthri-D is recalling its Dietary Supplement “Arthri-D 120ct” Lot#1701-092 because it may be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
- Break Ventures/California Basics Recalls “Zero For Him” 150ct Lot#1710-638 Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Bulletproof 360, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Collagen Protein Dietary Supplement.
Recalled Panera Bread Cream Cheese
Recalled Dietary Supplement
Infant & Children Products:
- VTech Recalls Lights & Lullabies Travel Mobiles Due to Injury Hazard. The clamp attaching the mobile to the crib rail can break causing the mobile to fall, posing an injury hazard to an infant in the crib.
- VTech Recalls Infant Rattles Due to Choking Hazard. The ears on the elephant rattles can break off, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Fashion Accessory Bazaar Recalls Fidget Spinner Keychains Due to Choking Hazard. The center post on the fidget spinner can become loose or fall out, posing a choking hazard.
Recalled Baby Rattle
- Rockler Recalls Murphy Bed Kits Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards. The hardware kits used to secure the wooden wall enclosures to the wall studs do not provide sufficient bracing support, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
Recalled Bed Kit
- Elkay Recalls Water Coolers and Bottle Filling Stations Due to Shock Hazard. Internal screws that secure the grounding wire can break and allow the grounding wire to become loose, posing a shock hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com