Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
16 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Surgical Gowns and Packs by Cardinal Health: FDA Statement – Potential Quality Issues Affecting Some of its Level 3 Surgical Gowns and Accompanying PreSource Procedural Packs.
- FUSION IV Pharmaceuticals, Inc dba. AXIA Pharmaceutical Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Sterile Drug Products Within Expiry Due to A Lack of Assurance of Sterility.
- Toyota is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the fuel pumps can fail and cause engines to stall. That can increase the risk of a crash.
- Porsche Cars North America is recalling 1,928 model year 2020 911 Carrera S Coupes, Cabrios, Coupes, 4 Coupes, 4S Coupes, 4 Cabrios, 4S Cabrios and S Cabrios. Due to a software error, the hazard warning lights may not function may when activated by an operator.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Jayco is recalling 398 model year 2018-2020 Melbourne Prestige motorhomes. The liquid propane (LP) tank hangers may be the wrong size and have insufficient welding, allowing the LP tank to dislodge.
- Forest River is recalling 328 model year 2018-2020 Cascade and Cherokee travel trailers. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle exceeds the GVWR of the trailer hitch coupler, potentially resulting in the coupler failing and the trailer detaching.
- REV Recreation Group (REV) is recalling 170 model year 2020 Fleetwood Pace Arrow LXE, Discovery and Discovery LXE, and Holiday Rambler Navigator and Endeavor motorhomes. The wire harness/plumbing bundle within the slideout raceway may have been improperly wrapped and secured.
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 3,241 model year 2016-2020 Fleetwood Bounder, Holiday Rambler Vacationer, and model year 2018-2020 Fleetwood Southwind motorhomes. The generator exhaust pipe placement exits the motorhome within the vehicle’s departure angle.
- Jayco is recalling 51 model year 2019-2020 White Hawk (144) travel trailers, model 24MBH. The rear emergency escape window cannot open fully due to the placement of exterior ladder.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 201 model year 2020 Springdale trailers, models 1700FQ, 1750RD, 1760BH, 1790FQ, and 1800BH. The Federal Identification Tag lists incorrect rim size, tire size, and tire pressure information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Dianne’s Fine Desserts of Newburyport, Mass., is recalling 26 cases of Sienna Turtle Brownies. The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not disclosed on the label.
- Lipari Foods Issues Voluntary Recall Expansion on Additional Sandwiches Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria Monocytogenes.
Infant & Children Products:
- Baby Trend Recalls Tango Mini Strollers Due to Fall Hazard. Both of the stroller’s hinge joints can release and collapse under pressure, posing a fall hazard to children in the stroller.
- The Thompson’s Company Recalls Aerosol Waterproofing Wood and Masonry Protectors Due to Fire Hazard. The contents of the cans can react with the package, causing rust to form along the can seam, which could spread to other areas of the can and create pinhole leaks.
- Yes To Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Product Due to Skin Irritation Complaints ‘Grapefruit Vitamin C Glow Boosting Unicorn Paper Mask’.
- Libbey Glass of Toledo, Ohio, is recalling milk bottles. The bottles can break unexpectedly during use, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com