Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Sandoz and Novartis Recall Prescription Drug Blister Packages Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirements. The prescription drug packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if swallowed by children.
- Mazda recalls model year 2005-2006 MPVs. The passenger front airbag inflators may explode.
- Model year 2015-2016 Mobility Ventures MV-1 vehicles recalled. The turn signal malfunction warning may not work.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- BRP is recalling about 13,300 2018 Can-Am Outlander and Renegade ATVs. Fuel can spray from the fuel tank when opening the gas cap, posing a fuel leak and fire hazard.
- Northwood Manufacturing is recalling nine model year 2019 Northwood Nash 24M and Nash 29S travel trailers. The tires may rub against the shocks and cause damage to the tires, resulting in tire failure and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Whole Foods recalls Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The products contain soy flour, an allergen not listed on the label.
- L&D Market recalls chicken wraps. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- United States Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Naked Bread Hamburger Buns.
- LL’S Magnetic Clay Inc. Expands Allergy Alert on Undeclared Allergens in Prescript-Assist Dietary Supplement to all Lots.
- Nueske’s Meat Products, Inc. is recalling approximately 12,946 pounds of pork products due to misbranding. The products may contain brown rice flour and glycerin, ingredients that are not declared on the product label.
- Tillamook Country Smoker, LLC is recalling approximately 102 pounds of ready-to-eat beef jerky products due to misbranding, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The beef jerky products may contain monosodium glutamate (MSG) that is not declared on the finished product labels.
- May Flower International recalls soda crackers. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Various Nanfang, Want Want and Chencun brand products recalled. The products may contain peanuts, walnuts and milk, allergens not declared on the label.
- Blissful Remedies recalls kratom powder capsules. The products may be contaminated with Salmonella.
Infant & Children Products:
- Saje Natural Wellness is warning customers not to use Splish Splash Gentle Baby Wash, 8.5 fl. oz. and 1.7 fl. oz. (found in the Wee and Well Gentle Baby Care Kit) as it may contain the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Radagast Pet Food, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Three Lots of Rad Cat Raw Diet Free-Range Chicken Recipe and One Lot of Pasture-Raised Venison Recipe Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Camso Recalls Dirt to Snow Bike Conversion Kits Due to Crash and Impact Hazards. The bolts on the brakes can loosen, posing a crash or impact hazard.
- Canadian Tire Corporation Limited is recalling about 52,600 MASTER Chef BBQ Igniter lighters. They may exceed the allowable flame height during ignition, exhibit an abnormal, sudden increase in flame height, and continue to burn after the trigger mechanism has been released.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com