Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
37 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- BD Provides Update on Voluntary Recalls of Alaris™ Pump Module Model 8100 and Certain Alaris™ Pump Infusion Sets.
- Bayer Statement on Voluntary Recall of Two Lots of Kogenate® FS Antihemophilic Factor (Recombinant) in the United States.
- DaVinci Laboratories recalls Omega-3 1000. The product may contain anchovies and sardines, allergens not declared on the label.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products Manufactured and Distributed as Altaire Labeled Products.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Over-The-Counter Ophthalmic Products Sold By Accutome, Focus Laboratories, Grandall Distributing Co. Inc. And Prestige.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Multiple Ophthalmic Products Sold by OCuSOFT.
- Altaire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Over-The-Counter Ophthalmic Products Sold By Natural Ophthalmics And TRP Company, Inc.
- Altaire recalls numerous eye care products sold at CVS. The products may not be sterile.
- Wintergreen Essential Oil Recalled by Epic Business Services Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning. The packaging is not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a risk of poisoning to young children if they ingest it.
- Subaru is recalling a total of 2,107 brand-new vehicles due to faulty welds located on the duct below the cowl panel that could compromise the vehicle’s body strength, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
- Porsche Cars North America is recalling three model year 2019 911 GT2 RS and model year 2020 911 Carrera S Coupes. The bolts connecting the driveshaft to the wheel hub may not have been properly tightened. If the driveshaft disconnects from the wheel hub, it can increase the risk of crash.
- Mazda North American Operations is recalling 224 model year 2010-2011 RX-8s that were previously recalled but have not yet been repaired. The vehicles are equipped with airbag inflators assembled as part of the passenger front airbag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls recreational trailers with electrical issue. The outside kitchen may not have a GFCI protected outlet.
- Newmar recalls various motorhomes built on a Daimler truck chassis. The rear marker lights, brake lights or turn signals may not function.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 1,554 model year 2019-2020 Challenger, Miramar, Magnitude, Outlaw, Omni and Palazzo motorhomes. The vehicle control system software may cause the slide-out room to move unexpectedly.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Mizkan America, Inc., Announces Voluntary Recall of Select Varieties/Production Codes of RAGÚ® Pasta Sauce.
- Iceberg brand and Originale Augustin brand ice cream sandwiches recalled for risk of metal particles.
- Probar recalls Meal Bars. The products may contain milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Pita Pal Foods, LP Recalls Various Hummus and Dips Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Northfork Bison Distributions Inc. is Voluntarily Recalling Bison Burgers & Bison Ground Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Elevation Foods Recalls Packaged Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, Thai Lobster Salad, and Archer Farms Deviled Egg Sandwiches Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Koch Foods Recalls Breaded Poultry Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- US Foods Recalls Raw Beef and Pork Products due to Possible Product Contamination.
- Growers Express Expands Voluntary Recall of Select Fresh Vegetable Products Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria monocytogenes.
- Wismettac Asian Foods Recalls Fish Cakes Due to Undeclared Allergens.
- Baumer Foods recalls Pics Soy Sauce. The products may contain fish, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Certain Pacific Ocean oysters were recalled from the marketplace due to a marine biotoxin which causes Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- Bose recalls EdgeMax and FreeSpace loudspeakers. The speakers may dislodge and fall from their installed location.
- K2 Sports Recalls Inline Skates Due to Fall Hazard. The skate axle can become loose or a portion of the axle can sheer off during use resulting in a wheel separating from the skate’s frame, posing a fall hazard.
- Bodum Recalls Toasters Due to Shock Hazard. The recalled toasters can leak electric current when operating at the maximum normal temperature, posing a shock hazard to consumers.
- Levolor recalls custom cellular shades. The pull cords are joined by a non-breakaway cord connector, posing a strangulation hazard.
- VIVO Recalls Speaker Wall Mounts Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The ledge on the front of the speaker wall mount can loosen, allowing both the ledge and the speakers to fall, posing an injury hazard to bystanders.
- Lifetime Brands recalls Fitz and Floyd Nevaeh White can mugs. The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids.
- Office Depot of Boca Raton, Fla, is recalling about 19,000 Realspace Magellan Performance Electric Height-Adjustable desks. The desk’s control box has an electrical issue resulting in reverse polarity, which could pose a shock hazard.
- Factory Direct Wholesale Recalls Folding Mattresses Due to Violation of Federal Mattress Flammability Standard. The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.
- Everbilt door pulls recalled. The door pulls can have sharp edges on the back.
- Winco Fireworks recalls Black Cat ‘Cat Mobiles’. The device can burst and spread sparks and pyrotechnic materials upward and outward.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com