Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan and Valsartan HCTZ Tablets Due to Detection of a Trace Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in The Products.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan and Valsartan Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets.
- King Bio Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Aquaflora Candida HP9, Lymph Detox, and Baby Teething Liquids Due to Microbial Contamination.
- Valsartan-Containing Products: Update Health Professional and Consumer on Recent Recalled Products.
- Ford is recalling around 550,000 Fusion and Escape models to replace their shifter cable bushings. Faulty bushings may cause the cables to detach from the transmission, or have the transmission gear indicator read different from reality. That could result in the transmission not being in “Park” position despite the indicator saying so, and this poses a risk of the vehicle rolling away and causing an accident.
- Robert Bosch LLC has submitted a Defect Information Report based upon decisions made by Ford Motor Company and General Motors to conduct recalls to inspect and replace 6,493 Robert Bosch HDP5 High Pressure Fuel Pump Assemblies.
Recalled Ford Cars
- BMW of North America is recalling 2,376 model year 2017-2018 BMW G310R and 2018 BMW G310GS motorcycles. Over time, repeated use and loading of the side stand could cause damage to the side stand and the motorcycle’s frame.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River is recalling 435 model year 2019 Forest River Prime Time recreational trailers. The stove is not isolated from the furnace return air, which potentially causes an inverted flame on the cooktop.
- Forest River recalls model year 2016-2018 Prime Time recreational trailers. The federal placard contains incorrect tire pressure information.
- Model year 2016-2018 Thor Gemini and Compass recreational vehicles recalled. Water entering the tow modules can cause and electrical short.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Mondelez Global LLC has voluntarily begun recalling some Ritz Cracker sandwiches and Ritz Bits products over concern that they may include an ingredient tainted with Salmonella.
- Federal officials post public alert about Hungry Man dinners. Salmonella in whey powder from Associated Milk Producers Inc. cited; recall not made public.
- More parasitic infections linked to Del Monte, McDonalds. Cyclospora parasites in two separate outbreaks associated with vegetable-dip trays from Del Monte and salads from McDonald’s.
- Utz Quality Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Utz® Carolina Style Barbeque Potato Chips.
- Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Food Lion Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips.
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues Recall Two Variety Packs of Creamy Creations Ice Creams and Sherbets in 3-Ounce Cups Recalled due to Broken Metal in Processing Equipment.
- GiftTree Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, Peanuts in “Sherman Candy Caramels”.
- ALDI recalls AnnaSea Wasabi and Limu Ahi Poke Kits. The products were improperly stored.
- Smithfield recalls pepperoni five cheese calzone. The product may be contaminated with pieces of hard, sharp, clear plastic.
- Flowers Foods Inc. is recalling swiss rolls sold under several brands, including Walmart’s Great Value, because of a risk of Salmonella contamination. The company did not specify what flavor or style of swiss rolls are included in the recall.
- Portland French Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Seattle Sourdough Pub Buns and Franz Premium Pub Buns.
- PictSweet recalls Steam’ables Baby Brussel Sprouts. The product may contain milk and soy, allergens not declared on the label.
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Spring Pasta Salad Due to Reported Illnesses.
- Win Opportunity Knocks Recalls Fresh and Frozen, Raw Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. Coli O45, O103 and O145 Contamination.
- Salmonella Outbreak in 26 States Tied to Raw Turkey Meat. The widespread cases don’t trace back to a specific brand or product, either.
- Loblaw to recall raw, frozen chicken products because they tested positive for the outbreak strain of Salmonella.
- Water Pik is recalling 3,800 Sonic-Fusion flossing toothbrushes. The charging base may overheat with localized melting and sparking, possibly causing fire, shock or burns.
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Mirrors Due to Laceration Hazard. The mirror’s glass can separate from the wooden backing and fall, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com