Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
20 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- SunMed Holdings, LLC Issues a Nationwide Recall of STAT-Check and Medline Manual Resuscitator Bags.
- HeartWare HVAD System by Medtronic: Class I Recall – Due to Unintended Intermittent Electrical Disconnection between the Power Source and the Controller.
- Allergan Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of TAYTULLA® Softgel Capsules 1mg/20mcg Sample Packs Due to Out of Sequence Capsules.
- Apotex Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray USP 50 mcg Per Spray 120 Metered Sprays Due to Potential for Small Glass Particles.
- X-Jow and Acne Shave Products by Shadow Holdings: Voluntary Recall – Due to Possible Bacterial Contamination.
- Polaris Industries is recalling 4,342 model year 2017-2018 Polaris Slingshot, Slingshot SL, Slingshot SLR, Slingshot SL Icon, and Slingshot GT LE motorcycles. The brake pedals may have been incorrectly installed, allowing the brake pedal to separate from the brake master cylinder.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Jayco is recalling 998 model year 2018 Jayco Alantes and model year 2018-2019 Jayco Precepts. The windshield wiper system motor on these vehicles may fail when being operated in heavy snow or ice situations, thereby reducing driver visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Jayco is recalling 610 model year 2018 Jayco Eagle HT fifth wheel trailers equipped with certain 16K rotational rubber pin boxes. The spindle placement in the pin box may be incorrect, causing the bearing to be loose. Loose bearings could cause the spindle to fail, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 156 model year 2016-2017 Crossroads Redwood travel trailers. The ladder on the back of the vehicle may be blocking the secondary emergency exit window. If a ladder blocks a window that is labeled as an emergency exit, there is an increased risk of injury.
- Model year 2011 and 2013 Jay Series BB, BC and BD camping trailers recalled. Torque from the drive motor could damage the lift mechanism.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Ruiz Food Products, Inc. Recalls 12-Count Frozen Breakfast Burritos due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Eddy Packing Co., Inc. Recalls Smoked Sausage Product due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- H-E-B Voluntarily Issues Recall Specific flavors and container sizes of EconoMax and Hill Country Fare ice creams and Creamy Creations sherbets recalled for broken metal in processing equipment.
- SDQ Trading Inc Issues Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergen in Cheese Biscuits.
- Sanders Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds in Fudge Mini Bites.
- Global Commodities of Hicksville, N.Y., is recalling 1-lb and 0.5-lb packages of WATAN DRY FRUITS brand natural dried apricots with pits. The product contains sulfites, which are not declared on the label.
- Dough-To-Go recalls Zoe’s Vegan Tuxedo Fudge cookies. The product may contain walnuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Divvies recalls Benjamint Crunch chocolate bars. The peppermint used in the bars may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Supermercado Selectos Recalls Raw, Frozen Meat and Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- Bluefin recalls wireless phone chargers. The charger can overheat while in use, posing a burn hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com