Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
27 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- CARDIOSAVE Hybrid Intra-aortic Balloon Pump by Maquet Datascope Corp.: Class I Recall – Due to Fluid Ingress that May Affect Device Operation and Interrupt or Delay Therapy.
- Liquid-filled Intragastric Balloons by Apollo Endosurgery and ReShape Lifesciences: Letter to Health Care Providers – New Labeling About Potential Risks.
- Allergan is recalling one lot of TAYTULLA birth control sample packs. A physician has reported that four placebo capsules were placed out of order. As a result of this packaging error, oral contraceptive capsules, that are taken out of sequence, may place the user at risk for contraceptive failure and unintended pregnancy.
- Apotex Corp. is recalling one lot of Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray, which has been found to contain small glass particles. The glass particles could block the actuator and affect the functioning of the pump, resulting in local trauma to the nasal mucosa.
- Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall for Two Lots of Naloxone Hydrochloride Injection, USP, in the Carpuject™ Syringe System due to the Potential Presence of Particulate Matter.
Recalled Nose Spray
- Kia Motors America is recalling 106,428 model year 2015-2018 Kia Sedonas equipped with a power sliding door (PSD). The PSD may not auto-reverse when its closing is obstructed. If the door closes on an occupant, there is an increased risk of an injury.
- Porsche Cars North America is recalling three model year 2018 Porsche Macan S and Macan vehicles. The vehicles have a control unit that may fail and prevent safety-related functions such as driver display alerts and possibly impair drivability and post-crash functions. Failure of the control unit may increase the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Jayco is recalling 998 model year 2018 Jayco Alantes and model year 2018-2019 Jayco Precepts. The windshield wiper system motor on these vehicles may fail when being operated in heavy snow or ice situations, thereby reducing driver visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Starcraft BC & BD, and Comet BA, BB & BC camping trailers recalled. Torque from the power roof lift mechanism motor could damage the mechanism.
- Entegra Coach is recalling 109 model year 2019 Vision and Emblem motorhomes. The windshield wiper system motor may fail when being operated in heavy snow or ice situations, thereby reducing driver visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River is recalling 29 model year 2018 Forest River Surveyor RVs, model SVT241RBLE. The refrigerator in the slide room may not have an air cycling fan to cool the refrigerator parts, which can cause the refrigerator to overheat. If the refrigerator overheats, the cooling tubes may fail, increasing the risk of a fire.
- American Custom Golf Cars (ACG) is recalling 72 model year 2016-2017 ACG Moke low speed vehicles. The vehicles may be missing the rear side red reflectors, reducing the vehicle’s visibility to other drivers. If the rear side red reflectors are missing, the vehicle may have reduced visibility to drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 313 model year 2018 Keystone Montana fifth-wheel trailers. The switch for the slide-out room may not have circuit-protection. Without circuit protection, if the slide-out switch wiring shorts to ground, there would be an increased risk of a fire.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 95 model year 2019 Keystone Cougar fifth-wheel trailers, models 28GS and 27RLS. The propane compartment may not have been sealed properly during manufacturing, which if there were a propane leak, could allow the propane gas to seep into the living quarters. A propane leak into the living area can increase the risk of injury or fire.
Recalled Recreational Vehicle
Recalled Mote Golf Cart
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Tyson Foods Inc. is recalling approximately 3,120 pounds of frozen breaded chicken products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically blue and clear soft plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Ruiz Food Products of Denison, Texas, is recalling approximately 50,706 pounds of frozen breakfast burritos. The product may be contaminated with extraneous material, specifically white, semi-rigid plastic pieces.
- Venda Ravioli, Inc., a Providence, R.I. establishment, is recalling approximately 672 pounds of frozen meat ravioli products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection. The frozen meat ravioli items were produced and packaged on various dates from Feb. 22, 2018 through June 7, 2018.
- Shearer’s Foods, LLC Issues an Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Meijer Brand Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips.
- Caito Foods is voluntarily recalling fresh cut watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe and fresh-cut mixed fruit containing one of these melons, produced at the Caito Foods facility in Indianapolis, because these products have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Supermercado Selectos of San Sebastián, Puerto Rico, is recalling more than 15,000 pounds of various raw, frozen Siluriformes fish, beef, pork and poultry products. The recalled items did not undergo federal inspection.
- SDQ Trading of Brooklyn, N.Y., is recalling its 16.5-oz packages of Cheese Biscuits. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Goodman Food Products Recalls Fully Cooked Ground Beef Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Midwest convenience store serves up Cyclospora in Del Monte veggie trays.
Recalled Breaded Chicken
- Vernier Software & Technology Recalls Circuit Boards Due to Burn Hazard. There are two switches on the VCB2 that can get stuck between positions causing the switches to short out and overheat. If the switches overheat, the metal case of the switch can become hot, posing a burn hazard.
Recalled Circuit Board
- GE Lighting Recalls LED Tube Lamps Due to Shock and Electrocution Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Lowe’s Stores. The pins on one end of the lamp can be energized during installation/removal, posing electric shock and electrocution hazards.
- Amerisun Recalls to Repair Snow Blowers Due to Injury Hazard. The pulley bolt can loosen and cause the snow blower to get stuck in drive mode, posing an injury hazard.
Recalled Snow Blower
- Keyera Energy Recalls to Inspect Propane Gas Due to Fire and Explosion Hazards. The recalled propane gas does not contain sufficient levels of odorant to help alert consumers to a gas leak. Failure to detect leaking gas can present fire, explosion and thermal burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com