Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
33 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Infusion Options Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Lots of All Sterile Products Due to Lack of Assurance of Sterility.
- RXQ Compounding, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Sterile Products within Expiry and Voluntarily Cessation of Production Due to the Lack of Sterility Process Assurance.
- Premier Pharmacy Labs Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all Unexpired Sterile Drug Product Lots Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Voluntary Field Corrective Action Issued for GE Healthcare’s Giraffe and Panda i-Res Infant Warmers.
- Subaru of America is recalling 256 model year 2019 Crosstreks. The driver’s side rear-door window glass may be improperly tempered and can shatter into large pieces, increasing the risk of injury.
- Land Rover is recalling 16,186 model year 2016-2017 Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports. The driver’s seat belt Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) may not lock as designed.
- Karma Automotive is recalling 295 model year 2018 Karma Reveros. The upper intrusion bar within the front left door may be split, compromising the vehicle’s strength, reducing the side-impact protection and increasing the risk of injury.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Newmar Corporation is recalling three model year 2019 Mountain Aire and Essex motorhomes built on Freightliner XC chassis equipped with air disc brakes. The brake caliper mounting bolts may have been insufficiently tightened.
- Jayco is recalling 23 model year 2020 Greyhawk motorhomes. The brake relay valve may have an air flow restriction due to a partially blocked orifice, which may cause to extended stopping distance.
- Model year 2017-2020 Airstream Basecamp trailers recalled. The tire placard lacks the trailer’s spare tire information.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 79 model year 2019-2020 Dutchmen Voltage trailers, model 4185. An 18,000 lb.-capacity fifth wheel pin box may have been installed instead of the specified 21,000 lb-capacity pin box hitch.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Frito-Lay recalls Lay’s Lightly Salted Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Table 87 Frozen is expanding an earlier recall to include an undetermined amount of frozen pizza products containing pork and beef. The items were produced without undergoing federal inspection.
- Mai Cuisine Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg Allergen in Spicy Shrimp Tempura Sushi Rolls.
- Recall of Glass Jars of in the Mix, Brand Castle and Sisters’ Gourmet Baking Mixes Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Hometown Food Company recalls Pillsbury Best Bread Flour. The product may be contaminated with E. coli.
- King Arthur Flour recalls Unbleached All-Purpose Flour. The product may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Ruiz Foods Products recalls bacon breakfast wraps. The products may be contaminated with extraneous materials.
- Alma Pak Voluntarily Recalls Frozen Blackberries Due to Possible Health Risk of Norovirus.
- WinCo Foods of Boise, Idaho, is recalling Frozen Red Raspberries, manufactured by Rader Farms. The product may be contaminated with Norovirus.
- UNFI Recalls its Woodstock Frozen Organic Grilled Red Peppers Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Sprouts Farmers Market Recalls Frozen Cut Leaf Spinach and Frozen Organic Cut Leaf Spinach 16oz. Packages Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Nature’s Touch Frozen Foods (West) Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Signature Select Avocado Chunks Due to Potential Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination.
- Shivam Distributors recalls dry dates. The product contains high sulfite content.
- Keurig Dr Pepper Announces Voluntary Withdrawal of Unflavored Peñafiel Mineral Spring Water that Does Not Meet FDA Bottled Water Quality Standards.
- C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Recall For a Variety of Perishable Products Sold at Two Long Island, New York Target Stores Located in Central Islip and Commack.
Infant & Children Products:
- Perrigo Issues Voluntary Recall For Parent’s Choice Advantage Infant Formula Milk-Based Powder With Iron.
- Mares of Boca Raton, Fla., is recalling about 600 Mares XR buoyancy compensation vests. The deflation button can come unscrewed and result in loss of buoyancy, posing a drowning hazard.
- Honeywell Recalls Gamewell-FCI and Notifier Photoelectric Smoke Sensors Sold with Fire Alarm Systems Due to Failure to Alert of a Fire. The photoelectric smoke sensor can malfunction and cause the fire alarm system to fail to alert occupants in commercial buildings of a fire.
- Home Meridian recalls corner curio cabinets. The cabinets are unstable if not anchored to the wall.
- Hunter Fan Company of Memphis, Tenn., is recalling about 7,800 Hunter Brunswick three and four light ceiling fans. The light kit wires can be damaged, posing an electric shock hazard.
- H.E. Industrial Recalls Electric Garage Heaters Due to Fire Hazard. The heating element can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Ranee’s Recalls Women’s Beach Cover-ups Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The women’s beach cover-up fails to meet the flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries to consumers.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com