Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
37 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Teleflex Incorporated Announces Worldwide Voluntary Recall of Select Hudson RCI® Sheridan® Endotracheal Tubes.
- Vyaire Medical Recalls the enFlow Fluid Warming System Disposable Cartridges Due to Potential Risk of Exposure to Elevated Levels of Aluminum Exposure to Patients.
- Certain Medtronic MiniMed Insulin Pumps Have Potential Cybersecurity Risks: FDA Safety Communication.
- Macleods Pharmaceutical Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Consumer Level Recall of Losartan Potassium 50mg and Losartan Potassium/Hydrochlorothiazide combination Tablets 50mg/12.5mg, 100mg/12.5mg and 100mg/25mg due to detection of NMBA (N-Nitroso-N¬ Methyl-4-aminobutyric acid) Impurity.
- Land Rover is recalling 28,671 model year 2016 Range Rovers and Range Rover Sports. A spring in the Keyless Vehicle Latching System (KV Latch) may get stuck, causing the left hand door to remain unlatched when the door is closed.
- Porsche recalls Cayennes and Panameras. The bushing that attaches the gear selector lever to the gearbox may degrade over time, causing the bushing to detach. This condition could allow the driver to move the shift lever to Park and remove the ignition key, while the transmission may not be in Park, with no warning message or audible chime.
- Honda recalling 1.6 million cars to replace Takata airbags. The airbags were made with the chemical ammonium nitrate and were prone to exploding upon deployment, potentially hurling fiery shrapnel into passengers.
- American Honda Motor Co. is recalling 3,898 model year 2019 CB300R, model year 2018 CBR300R, model year 2018 CRF250L, model year 2018 CRF250L Rally, and model year 2018-2019 CMX300 motorcycles. The circlip on the transmission’s main shaft may detach allowing for gear misalignment.
- Suzuki Motor of America is recalling 2,640 model year 2018-2019 GSX250R motorcycles. Water intrusion may corrode the rear brake light switch causing the rear brake light to fail to illuminate or remain illuminated continuously when the brake is not applied.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 81 model year 2019-2020 Magnitude, Omni motorhomes, models BB35 and BH35. Wires located in the electrical junction box may move around and contact an extra screw that was errantly installed.
- Entegra recalls model year 2020 Anthem and Cornerstone motorhomes. The steering wheel may not function, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 54 model year 2020 Crossroads Cruiser fifth wheel recreational trailers, models 27MK, 29SI, 28RD, 24RL and 29RK. The furnace exhaust vent may be missing.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 40 model year 2019 Essex, King Aire, London Aire, Mountain Aire, and model year 2020 Dutch Star motorhomes. The brake relay valve may have an air flow restriction due to a partially blocked orifice, which may lead to extended stopping distance.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 79 model year 2019-2020 Dutchmen Voltage trailers, model 4185. An 18,000 lb.-capacity fifth wheel pin box may have been installed instead of the specified 21,000 lb-capacity pin box hitch.
- Jayco is recalling 23 model year 2020 Greyhawk motorhomes. The brake relay valve may have an air flow restriction due to a partially blocked orifice, which may cause to extend stopping distance.
- Yamaha Recalls Grizzly ATVs and Wolverine X2 ROVs Due to Incorrect Owner’s Manual. Purchasers were given a defective owner’s manual which shows the correct model on the cover, but the contents are for another model.
- Model year 2017-2020 Airstream Basecamp trailers recalled. The tire placard lacks the trailer’s spare tire information.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- San Giuseppe Salami Co. by Giacomo Recalls Ready-To-Eat, Frozen Andouille Sausage Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Brand Castle and Sisters’ Gourmet baking mixes recalled. The products may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Alma Pak recalls frozen blackberries. The product may be contaminated with Norovirus.
- Keurig Dr Pepper is withdrawing Peñafiel unflavored mineral spring water products, imported from Mexico. The product contains arsenic at levels that exceed the FDA’s bottled water standards.
Infant & Children Products:
- Perrigo Issues Voluntary Recall For Parent’s Choice Advantage Infant Formula Milk-Based Powder With Iron.
- Fisher-Price Recalls Inclined Sleeper Accessory Included with Ultra-Lite Day & Night Play Yards Due to Safety Concerns About Inclined Sleep Products. Infant fatalities have been reported while using other inclined sleep products, after the infants rolled from their back to their stomach or side while unrestrained, or under other circumstances.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Central Aquatics Recalls Aqueon Betta Food (.95 oz Jar) Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
Recalled Betta Food
- Apple Recalls 15-Inch MacBook Pro Laptop Computers Due to Fire Hazard. The batteries in the recalled laptop computers can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- BRP Recalls Coolers Due to Entrapment and Suffocation Hazards. The cooler latch can automatically lock when the lid is closed, allowing a person to become locked inside the air tight container posing entrapment and suffocation hazards.
- Hunter Fan recalls Brunswick three and four light ceiling fans. The light kit wires can be damaged, posing an electric shock hazard.
- Chandeliers Recalled by Dolan Northwest Due to Impact and Laceration Hazards. The top loop of the fixture can bend and break causing the chandelier to fall, posing an impact and laceration hazard to consumers.
- Honeywell recalls Gamewell-FCI and Notifier Photoelectric Smoke Sensors. The sensor can malfunction and cause the fire alarm system to fail.
- QTOP USA Recalls LED Work Light Replacement Bulbs Due to Fire Hazard. The LED replacement bulbs can overheat due to an electrical malfunction, posing a fire hazard.
- Ranee’s recalls women’s beach cover-ups. The garment fails to meet flammability standards for clothing textiles.
- Gillette Recalls Venus Simply3 Disposable Razors Due to Laceration and Injury Hazards. A problem during manufacturing resulted in the misalignment of the blades in the razors, posing a higher risk of cuts during normal use.
- West Marine Recalls Folding Deck Chairs Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The lock nut that connects the arm rest to the chair can loosen, posing fall and injury hazards to the user.
- Patriot Pyrotechnics/Bill’s Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Patriot Pyrotechnics. The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for this product.
- Keystone Recalls G-Force Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standard; Explosion and Burn Hazards. The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory requirements for this product. Overloaded fireworks can result in a greater than expected explosion, posing explosion and burn hazards to consumers.
- GS Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at GS Fireworks. The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for this product.
- Grandma’s Fireworks Recalls Fireworks Due to Violation of Federal Standards; Explosion and Burn Hazards. The recalled fireworks are overloaded with pyrotechnics intended to produce an audible effect, violating the federal regulatory standard for this product.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com