Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
40 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Neurovascular Embolization Coils: Healthcare Provider Letter – Potential for Increased Image Artifact When Using Magnetic Resonance Angiography for Follow-Up.
- Bayer Issues Voluntary Recall of Alka-Seltzer Plus® Products. The affected packages are being recalled because the ingredients on the front sticker may not match the actual product in the carton.
- Compounded Glutamine, Arginine, and Carnitine Product for Injection by United Pharmacy: Compounding Risk Alert – FDA Investigates Two Adverse Events.
- Ford recalls 1.3 million Fusions, MKZs: Steering wheels could come off. Loose bolt has caused at least two accidents and an injury.
- 270,000 Ram pickups in ‘salt belt’ recalled to fix sagging fuel tanks. Tank brackets on 2009-2012 Ram pickups can fail from rust.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 7,090 model year 2018 Range Rover Velars. The air inlet door linkages for the ventilation system may detach, preventing the system from clearing fog or condensation from the windshield and windows.
- Jaguar recalls model year 2018 Jaguar E-Pace vehicles. The front brake hoses may contact the tires, possibly resulting in a brake fluid leak.
- Husqvarna Motorcycles North America of Murrieta, Calif., is recalling about 160 Husqvarna FS 450 closed course competition motorcycles. The front brake master cylinder piston can crack, resulting in brake failure, posing a crash hazard to the rider.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 1,992 model year 2018 Keystone Passport, Summerland and Hideout, Dutchmen Aspen Trail and Coleman, and Crossroads Zinger recreational trailers. These trailers are equipped with Norcold N306 mini refrigerators that may have a loose or missing propane gas valve test port screw.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling 33 model year 2018 Essex motorhomes. The taillights may loosen and detach from the vehicle while it is being driven.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 752 model year 2017-2018 Unity, Wonder and Serenity motorhomes. The Occupant & Cargo Carrying Capacity (OCCC) and Tire labels may have been incorrectly calculated, resulting in an indicated a higher cargo capacity than actual.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Johnsonville, LLC Recalls Smoked Pork Sausage Products due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Standard Meat Company Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- SMI Holdings, Inc Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Ground beef for meal-kit company, GoodFood, recalled after E. coli test.
- Schwartz Brothers Bakery Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Gourmet Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls.
- Consumer Alert: Listeria Contamination in Maiden’s Creamery Wild Meadow Raw Goat Milk Cheese.
- Oregon Food Bank Issues Alert on Foreign Material in Chia Seeds.
- Oregon Food Bank Voluntarily Recalls Pumpkin Seeds Because Of Possible Contamination by Listeria Species.
- Oregon Food Bank Voluntarily Recalls Nutritional Yeast.
- International Harvest, Inc. Recalls Organic Go Smile! Raw Coconut Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Chris’s Cookies Recalls Chocolate Chip Cookies Due to Undeclared Peanuts.
- River Valley Sprouts Recalls Alfalfa Sprouts and Garlic Alfalfa Sprouts Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- PDX Aromatics Expands Recall of Kratom Products Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Kodiak Cakes recalls Blueberry Chia Energy Waffles. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- IDLife of Frisco, Texas is recalling its line of Protein Bars, Snack Bars, and Kids Bars. The products contain almonds (Protein Bars), peanuts (Snack Bars) and referenced above may contain undisclosed peanuts, and almonds and coconut oil (Kids Bars), allergens not declared on the labels.
- Ciolo Foods recalls Nut-Free Basil. The product contains pine nuts and walnuts, allergens not declared on the label.
- Heartland Catfish Company of Itta Bena, Miss., is recalling approximately 69,016 pounds of Siluriformes fish (catfish) products. The products may be contaminated with the chemical leucomalachite green, a dye used extensively in the aquaculture industry for the treatment of fungal and protozoal infections.
Recalled Smoked Pork Sausage
Recalled Cinnamon Rolls
Recalled Raw Coconut
Infant & Children Products:
- Handi-Craft Recalls Dr. Brown’s Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders Due to Choking Hazard. The snap can detach from the pacifier’s ribbon, posing a choking hazard for young children.
- Radio Flyer Recalls Electric Wagons Due to Injury Hazard. Improper wiring can activate the wagon’s motor unintentionally, posing an injury hazard.
- Cameron Company Recalls Children’s Tents Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot. The fiberglass rod that supports the tent can break, splinter and become sharp, posing a laceration hazard to consumers.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Steve’s Real Food recalls Raw Frozen Dog Food Turkey Canine Recipe. The product may be contaminated with salmonella.
Recalled Dog Food
- Amazon Recalls Portable Power Banks Due to Fire and Chemical Burn Hazards. The power bank’s battery can overheat and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Southwire Recalls Wi-Fi Switches Due to Fire Hazard. The wi-fi switches can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Beanworthy Recalls Combination Battery Chargers/Hand Warmers Due to Fire and Burn Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com. The chargers can overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers.
- eheat Recalls Envi Wall Heaters Due to Overheating and Burn Hazard. Improper wire crimping by the manufacturer can cause the unit to overheat, smoke, or melt, posing a burn hazard.
Recalled Battery Chargers
- Louis Garneau Recalls Bicycle Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury. The bicycle helmets do not comply with the impact requirements of the federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury.
- Helvetia Sports Recalls SwissStop Bicycle Disc Brake Pads Due to Fall Hazard. The brake pads can separate from the backplate, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- American Custom Golf Cars (ACG) is recalling 72 model year 2016-2017 Moke vehicles. These vehicles may have been built with windshields that do not have laminated glazing.
Recalled Bicycle Helmet
- MAAX Spas Recalls Hot Tubs and Swim Spas Due to Fire Hazard. The UV generator inside the hot tub and swim spa can ignite while in use, posing a fire hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com