Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Zoll LifeVest 4000 Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator – Software Update for Potential Lack of Treatment (Shock) Delivery Due to Device Failure: FDA Safety Communication.
- Apotex Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets, USP, 28×3 Blister Pack/Carton Due to Possibility of Missing/Incorrect Tablet Arrangement.
- American Health Packaging Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Valsartan Tablets Due to the Detection of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity.
- Biotouch recalls topical anesthetic. The package is not child resistant as required by federal law.
- Clinical Resolution Laboratory recalls topical anesthetic. The packaging is not child resistant as required by federal law.
- Fiat Chrysler is recalling more than 60,000 cars and SUVs worldwide because they can keep going on cruise control or accelerate even after a driver taps the brakes. The recall covers certain Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio models from 2017 through 2019. The company says a software error caused the problem, and it’s advising people not to use the adaptive cruise control until it’s repaired. The feature keeps moving vehicles a set distance from the cars in front of them.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 94,389 model year 2015-2018 Sedonas equipped with manually-adjusted front passenger seats. Over time, the Occupant Detection System (ODS) wiring harness located under the front passenger seat may break from the seat being occupied.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 32,296 model year 2011-2012 Kia Sportages. The engine oil pan may leak and, if not addressed, the loss of oil may result in engine damage. A damaged engine can increase the risk of a fire or it can cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Subaru recalls 1.3 million vehicles with brake light issue. The brake light switch may malfunction, preventing the brake lights from illuminating.
- JaguarLand Rover North America is recalling 2,587 model year 2019 Range Rovers, Range Rover Sports, Range Rover Velars and Discoverys. The vehicles are equipped with V6 or V8 engines whose crankshaft pulley retaining bolt may fracture possibly resulting in engine failure increasing the risk of crash.
- Bentley Motors is recalling 1,059 model year 2012-2018 Bentley Mulsannes. In the event of a crash, the rear seat belt anchor may detach from the vehicle. If the rear seat belt buckle detaches, the seat occupant would have an increased risk of injury.
Recalled Fiat Chrysler
Recalled Range Rover
- KYMCO USA is recalling 910 model year 2018-2019 Like 150i motor scooters. The fuel pump may leak fuel from the electrical connection area when the tank is full, increasing the risk of a fire.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2019 Serenity RVs recalled. The coach battery compartment door support metal cable may short circuit.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 288 model year 2019 Dutchmen Endurance and model year 2017-2019 Dutchmen Voltage travel trailers. The tires may make contact with the rear floor support, affecting the trailer’s handling and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Airstream recalls model year 2019 Airstream Basecamp X RVs. The federal certification label and tire placard may have incorrect information.
- Heartland recalls model year 2019 Prowler and Trail Runner recreational trailers. The federal certification label may contain incorrect tire information.
- Arctic Cat Recalls Textron Off-Highway Utility Vehicles Due to Fuel Leak and Fire Hazard. Fuel can leak from the fuel line, posing a fire hazard.
- Arctic Cat Recalls Textron Off-Highway Utility Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The lower front suspension arm can fail, posing a crash hazard.
Recalled Utility Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Grocers say Pillsbury flour has been recalled because of Salmonella risk.
- Sahlen Packing Company of Buffalo, N.Y., is recalling approximately 13,224 pounds of ready-to-eat deli ham products. The products may be contaminated with extraneous materials — specifically plastic.
- Conagra Brands, Inc. Recalls Chicken and Rice Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens. The products may contain milk and wheat, known allergens, which are not declared on the product label.
- UTZ Quality Foods recalls Bachman Twist Pretzels. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Fullei Fresh Recalls Organic Bean Sprouts Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Dried fruit mix suspected as cause of Norway’s ongoing Salmonella outbreak.
- McDaniel Life-Line LLC Issues Voluntary Worldwide Recall of Life-Line Water. This product is being recalled because FDA analysis found the product to be contaminated with Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
- McAllen Cold Storage recalls Basa fillets. The products were not re-inspected for import.
- Golean DETOX capsules recalled. The product contains sibutramine and phenolphthalein not declared on the label.
Recalled Pillsbury Flour
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Norbrook Laboratories Limited of Newry, Northern Ireland is recalling two lots of Enroflox® 100 Injection (enrofloxacin), two lots of Noromectin® Injection (ivermectin) and two lots of Ivermax® 1% Injection (ivermectin) to the veterinarian/consumer level as a precautionary measure as product sterility cannot be assured. There is a concern that if the sterility of these products has been compromised.
Recalled Enroflox Injection
- TJX Recalls Heating Pads Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls Stores. The heating pads can overheat during use, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com