Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
32 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- CME America Recalls BodyGuard Microset Infusion Sets for the BodyGuard Infusion Pump System Due to Risk of Under-Infusion.
- NumbSkin Pain Relief Cream Recalled by SeeNext Venture Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- Novartis Recalls 100 mg Sandimmune and Neoral Prescription Drug Blister Packages Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- Earthroma Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- Earth Sonnets Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- Plant Therapy Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oils and Essential Oil Blends with Wintergreen Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- All 2019-2020 Volvos to be recalled over automatic emergency braking failure. 121,605 cars are being recalled, encompassing every model in its lineup.
- Joyson Safety Systems recalls rear seat belt retractors. The seat belt may not restrain occupants.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Heartland recalls model year 2020 Shadow Cruiser Ultra Lite trailers. The certification label contains incorrect GVWR information.
- Kawasaki USA Recalls Off-Highway Utility Vehicles Due to Oil Leak, Fire Hazard. Debris can ignite on the vehicle’s exhaust manifold; and frozen water can block the breather hose allowing oil to leak, posing a fire hazard.
- Kawasaki USA Recalls Off-Highway Utility Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The steering shaft can develop excessive wear and affect steering control resulting in a crash hazard, posing a risk of injury or death.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Winco Foods recalls frozen blackberries and frozen berry medley. The products may be contaminated with Norovirus.
- Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Milk and Soy in One Lot of Lindt Excellence 85% Cocoa Chocolate Bars.
- AFC Distribution Corp. (“AFC”) is voluntary recalling Cooked Butterfly Tail-On Whiteleg Shrimp (Sushi Ebi).
- Raw Seafoods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Wheat in Wegmans Brand Oven Safe Salmon Teriyaki and Oven Safe Ginger Salmon.
- Henry & Tenry Food Products recalls spring rolls. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Chicago Indoor Garden Voluntarily Recalls Clover Sprouts and Products Containing Clover Sprouts Due To Possible Health Risk.
- Natural Remedy recalls Active Male. The dietary supplement for male enhancement contains tadalafil not declared on the label.
- Mountain Rose Herbs Recalls Organic Kudzu Root Herbal Supplement Due to Possible Health Risk.
Infant & Children Products:
- Kids & Koalas Baby Walkers Recalled Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com.
- Lilly of New York Children’s Winter Boots Recalled by Kidz Concepts Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively at Zulily.com.
- Thule Recalls Thule Sleek Car Seat Adapters Due to Fall Hazard. The plastic brackets on the car seat adapter can break, posing a fall hazard to infants.
- Children’s Tool Kits Recalled by Grizzly Industrial Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban and Toy Safety Requirements.
- Woom bikes USA Recalls Bicycles Due to Fall and Injury Hazard. The bicycle’s front fork can loosen and detach, posing fall and injury risks to the rider.
- C3 Manufacturing Recalls Perfect Descent Climbing Systems Climbing Belay Devices Due to Fall Hazard.
- Crate and Barrel Recalls Glass Pitchers Due to Laceration Hazard. The handle on the pitcher can break, posing a laceration hazard.
- Homestar recalls Finch dressers. The dressers can tip over if they are not anchored to the wall.
- American Honda Recall of Portable Generators Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The portable generator’s inverter assembly can short circuit with the presence of salt water.
- Belle Chemical Recalls Drain Cleaner Product Due to Violation of FHSA Labeling Requirement.
- Belle Chemical Recalls Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Hydroxide Products Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Packaging Requirement and Violation of FHSA Labeling Requirement.
- Boyer Recalls Six Brands of Sodium and Potassium Hydroxide Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Packaging Requirement; Injuries Reported.
- Hawthorne Hydroponics Recalls Grower’s Edge Vaporizers Due To Burn, Shock and Fire Hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com