Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
34 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- MindFrame Capture LP Revascularization Device by Medtronic: Class I Recall – Due to Wire Material That May Break or Separate during use.
- Auromedics Pharma LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Product Piperacillin and Tazobactam For Injection 3.375 Grams Per Vial, Due to Presence of Glass Particulates.
- Shoreside Enterprises Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of 7K and Poseidon 4500 (Extreme 1000 Mg) Due to Presence of Undeclared Sildenafil and Tadalafil.
- MBI Distributing, Inc. is voluntarily recalling all lots of homeopathic Teething Drops, Nausea Drops, Intestinal Colic Drops, Stomach Calm, Expectorant Cough Syrup, Silver-Zinc Throat Spray, and Argentum Elixir, within expiry, to the consumer level. The drug products have been found to be manufactured with a lack of adequate controls.
- Juluca, Tivicay, Triumeq (dolutegravir): FDA to Evaluate – Potential Risk of Neural Tube Birth Defects.
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab) or Tecentriq (atezolizumab): FDA Alerts Health Care Professionals and Investigators: FDA Statement – Decreased Survival in Some Patients in Clinical Trials Associated with Monotherapy.
- Triumph recalls Street Triple R, Street Triple R – Low Seat and Street Triple RS motorcycles. The turn signal switch and the headlight switch may malfunction.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- American Honda Recalls Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazard. The muffler can overheat, causing the plastic heat shield to melt or catch fire, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers.
- Bighorn, Charger and Colt trailers recalled. Bolts that attach the trailer ramp may come loose or break.
- Model year 2017-2018 Conquest motorhomes recalled. The federal placard may incorrectly state the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.
- Model year 2018-2019 Coachmen Spirit recreational trailers recalled. The outdoor cooktop LP hose quick disconnect may be missing.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Century Snacks LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk, Soy, Wheat and Cashews in Snak Club Family Size Tropical Trail Mix.
- PK Trading recalls Jongga Kimchi Ramen dried soup mix. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Hickory Harvest Foods is recalling snack packs of nuts and dried fruits from grocers, convenience stores and truck stops in more than 30 states after company testing found Listeria monocytogenes contamination in a production plant.
- Blount Fine Foods recalls chicken tortilla soup. The product contains wheat, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Hempler Foods Group is recalling about 4.5 tons of ready-to-eat pepperoni sticks because it was packaged in the wrong wrappers, resulting in an undeclared allergen.
- Mas Food Services Co. of Oakland Park, FL is recalling its 15 ounce packages of The Peruchef brand dry potato because it may contain undeclared sulfites.
- BLM Prod.-u. Vertriebsges. mbH & Co. KG, is voluntarily recalling Priano Rosso Pesto Sauce as it may contain undeclared milk and egg. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk and egg run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- Federal officials say an outbreak of Salmonella traced to dried coconut appears to be over, but they are renewing their public warning about a lingering threat.
- Kent Quality Foods, Inc. Recalls Hot Dog and Sausage Products Due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- Ziyad Brothers Importing is recalling tahini paste sold at Walmart and other retailers nationwide because state tests showed it was positive for Salmonella contamination.
- Whole Foods recalls raw milk cheese in Canada for E. coli risk.
- An E. coli outbreak in France traced to raw milk cheese has prompted Canadian officials to initiate a recall of imported Reblochon cheese because of possible contamination.
- Canadian officials are urging consumers to watch for signs of botulism poisoning if they have eaten certain Four Seasons Marketplace brand smoked salmon products.
- A reported illness in North Carolina and state testing that showed Salmonella contamination spurred the Pious Lion company to recall an undisclosed volume of kratom products.
Infant & Children Products:
- Discount School Supply Recalls Crayons Due to Laceration Hazard. The red crayons in the multi-color sets can contain glass, posing a laceration hazard to the user.
- Michaels Recalls Pottery Wheel Kits Due to Fire and Burn Hazard. The battery compartment in the pottery wheel kit can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Michaels Recalls Spin Art Kits Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The battery compartment in the spin art kit can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- Play and Park Structures Recalls Playground Slides Due to Entrapment Hazard. A gap between the rails near the entrance way to the slide poses an entrapment hazard to young children.
- Regency Fireplace Products Recalls Gas Stove Fireplaces Due to Explosion and Injury Hazards. The pressure release system can fail and cause the gas stove to explode, posing explosion and injury hazards.
- NY Thermal Recalls Boilers Due to Carbon Monoxide Hazard. The grommet seal can reduce in size over time and dislodge during use and allow the boiler to emit carbon monoxide, posing a CO poisoning hazard.
- Harbor Freight Tools Recalls Chainsaws Due to Serious Injury Hazard. The power switch can malfunction and allow the chainsaw to continue operating after the operator moves the switch to the “off” position, posing a serious injury hazard to the operator.
- Advance Stores recalls ToolWorks TW1489 Fuse Kits. The fuses may not protect the circuit from excessive current.
- Michaels Recalls Halloween Candle Holders Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The candle holder can ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com