Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
36 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Recalls DxH800 and DxH600 and DxH 900 Hematology Analyzers Due to Risk of Inaccurate Results.
- Edwards Lifesciences LLC Recalls EV1000 Clinical Platforms Due to Electrical Short Circuit Which May Cause the Device to Stop Working or Catch Fire.
- lntegra LifeSciences Recalls the LimiTorr Volume Limiting CSF Drainage System and the MoniTorr ICP External CSF Drainage and Monitoring System Due to Possible Breakage of the LimiTorr Transducer and MoniTorr Panel Mount Stopcock.
- Pharm D Solutions, LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all Sterile Compounded Drugs Due to A Potential Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Honda Motor Co is recalling 137,000 new 2019 CR-V to replace steering wheel wire harnesses and supplemental restraint system cable reels after six unexpected driver air bag deployments that occurred without a crash.
- Lotus Cars USA is recalling 425 model year 2017-2018 Evoras. The toe board in the passenger footwell lacks stiffness, allowing the knee of an unbelted occupant to contact the rigid structure of the vehicle, in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
- Porche recalls vehicles with electrical issue. Water may enter the A/C blower control unit, causing a short circuit.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Arctic Cat Recalls Textron Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The upper front suspension arms can fail, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- BEF Foods recalls ready-to-eat beef stroganoff pasta. The product did not undergo federal inspection.
- In Association with Oakhouse Bakeries, LLC, ALDI Voluntarily Recalls Specially Selected Paleo Maple Almond Granola from Stores Due to Potential Presence of Foreign Material.
- Purely Elizabeth Voluntarily Recalls Granola Due to Potential Presence of Foreign Material. If you have purchased the Coconut Cashew Grain-Free Granola, Banana Nut Butter Grain-Free Granola or our Pumpkin Spice + Ashwagandha Grain-Free Superfood Granola, they may be impacted by this recall.
- Caito Foods recalls salads with chicken. The products contain soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- ADM Milling Co., ALDI has recalled Bakers Corner All Purpose Flour sold at retail locations in the Northeastern United States due to a potential presence of E. coli.
- Ralph’s Bakery recalls bread products. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Hearthside Food Solutions is voluntarily recalling 7-Eleven ‘The Italian Job’ sandwiches, which have an incorrect information panel label that does not declare eggs as an allergen.
- Aurora Packing Company, Inc. Recalls Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Contamination.
- Blount Fine Foods Recalls Soup with Chicken Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Sikorski Sausages Co., Ltd. Recalls Meat and Poultry Sausage Products Produced without Benefit of Import Inspection.
- Compliments brand chicken products from Sofina Foods Inc. Outbreak investigators’ work prompted the recall of “Chicken Strips – Breaded Chicken Cutlettes – Uncooked” sold under the Compliments label, according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).
- Wegmans Food Markets is recalling Wegmans Neptune Salad (UPC begins with 20108831), sold in random-weight packages, on May 16 through May 21, 2019 because the product contains milk not declared on the label.
- GHSW recalls salads, wraps and salad bar trays. The products contain soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- New Seasons Market is recalling approximately 60 pounds of Bacon Shallot Potato salad because it may contain undeclared eggs.
- Brodt Zenatti Holding LLC. Recalls Karawan Brand Tahini & SoCo Brand Tahini Because of Possible Health Risk.
- House of Spices (India) is recalling all lots of 7ounce (200g) packages of “LAXMI DRIED APRICOT”, 7 oz (200g) UPC code 2324617054, because they may contain undeclared sulfites.
- Trading recalls rattan shoots. The product contains sulfites not declared on the label.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency reported that Pousses et Cie brand “Mix Spicy Microgreens” that were distributed in Quebec were flagged after government test results showed they could be contaminated.
- D.B.P. Distribution recalls Titanium 4000. The products contain sildenafil and tadalafil.
Recalled Beef Stroganoff
Recalled All Purpose Flour
Recalled Potato Salad
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Cargill Expands Previously Announced Voluntary Recall of Select Southern States® Feed Due to High/Excessive/or Elevated Aflatoxin Levels. This is an expansion of the recall initiated May 6, 2019 and is the result of Cargill’s internal investigation that identified additional products containing an ingredient provided from the same supplier referenced in the May 6, 2019 recall announcement.
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition Additionally Expands Voluntary Recall of Select Canned Dog Food for Elevated Vitamin D.
- Norbrook Laboratories Limited is recalling 34 lots of veterinary injectable drug products to the veterinarian/consumer level as a precautionary measure as product sterility cannot be assured. There is a concern that if the sterility of these products has been compromised, use of these products could result in introduction of infectious agents to the animal.
Recalled Cattle Feed
- ION Audio Recalls Portable Speakers Due to Explosion Hazard. Hydrogen gas can leak from the portable speaker battery when charging and the speaker can burst, posing an explosion hazard.
Recalled Portable Speaker
- Revelate Designs Recalls Bicycle Seat Bags Due to Crash, Injury Hazards. The straps that fasten the bag to the bike seat can detach and get entangled in the rear wheel of the bike, posing crash and injury hazards to the rider.
- Far East Brokers Recalls Pineapple Corer & Slicers Due to Laceration Hazard. The metal blade of the slicer can detach, posing a laceration hazard to the consumer.
- Meijer Distribution of Grand Rapids, Mich., is recalling about 5,800 Grand Gourmet French Fry cutters. The blade can detach, posing a laceration hazard.
- The Village Company Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of La Bella Extreme Sport Styling Gel Due to Bacterial Contamination.
Recalled Pull-Up Assist
DICK’S Sporting Goods Recalls Ethos Pull-Up Assist Due To Laceration Hazard. The plastic clip on the nylon web band that is attached to the resistance band with a carabiner can break, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com