Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
36 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Absorb GT1 Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS) by Abbott Vascular: Letter to Health Care Providers – FDA Investigating Increased Rate of Major Adverse Cardiac Events.
- The FDA announced that Physio-Control is conducting a recall on Infant/Child Reduced Energy Defibrillation Electrodes due to a possible defect. The recalled products were sold under the brand name(s) Cardinal Health during an unspecified time period.
- Ridge Properties DBA Pain Relief Naturally Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of all lots of Naturally HL Bedsore Cream, Pretat by TAT Balm Carbomer Free Gel, & All Naturally HL Hemorrhoid products due to manufacturing concerns at the facility.
- Fresenius Kabi Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Midazolam Injection, USP, 2 mg/2 mL Due to Reports of Blister Packages Containing Syringes of Ondansetron Injection, USP, 4 mg/2 mL.
- Subaru of America is recalling 9,178 model year 2015 WRX and WRX/STI vehicles, equipped with an optional factory-installed subwoofer in the trunk. Items in the trunk may cause the subwoofer wiring to contact the subwoofer metal frame, possibly resulting in an electrical short.
- BMW AG said on Friday it is recalling about 1 million vehicles in North America for two separate issues involving fire risks and said it may expand the recalls to other countries. One recall covers 670,000 2006-2011 U.S. 3-Series vehicles to address a wiring issue for heating and air conditioning systems that may overheat and could increase the risk of a fire. The second recall covers 740,000 U.S. 2007-2011 vehicles with a valve heater that could rust and lead to a fire in rare cases. The recall includes some 128i vehicles, 3-Series, 5-Series and X3, X5 and Z4 vehicles.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado, and 2016 Chevrolet Volt vehicles. The driver’s frontal air bag may improperly inflate during second-stage deployment in the event of a high speed crash. An improperly inflated air bag increases the risk of injury in a crash.
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2005-2007 and 2009-2010 Toyota Sienna vehicles. In the affected vehicles, due to a problem within the shift lock solenoid, the shift lever may be moved out of the ‘Park’ position without depressing the brake pedal. If the shift lever can be moved from the “Park” position without depressing the brake pedal and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Polaris Industries is recalling 26,182 model year 2010-2017 Victory Cross Country, Cross Country Tour, Cross Roads, Magnum, and Hard Ball motorcycles. If the engine misfires, continued riding may result in heat from the catalytic converter melting the rear brake line and nearby wiring.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Keystone recalls Carbon, Fuzion, and Raptor triple axle toy haulers. The vehicles may have an incorrectly welded suspension equalizer that can result in the suspension’s failure while traveling.
- Model year 2018 Puma recreational trailers recalled. When the wheels on the trailers were installed and tightened, the wheel center caps may have interfered, preventing the wheels from being properly tightened.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 529 model year 2017-2018 Challenger, Axis, Chateau, Four Winds, Hurricane, Miramar, Palazzo, Tuscany, Vegas, Venetian, and Windsport motorhomes. The cargo carrying capacity (CCC) label on these vehicles may indicate an incorrect water capacity for the water heater/fresh water tank.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 270 model year 2018 Crossroads Cruiser and Volante recreational trailers. The vehicles may have been manufactured with propane gas detectors instead of a combination propane gas/carbon monoxide (CO) detector.
- Grand Design RV is recalling 3,621 model year 2017-2018 Imagine recreational trailers. The wires at the air conditioning unit may detach from the connector and short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Polaris Recalls General Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The steering wheel shaft can shift and detach while in use, resulting in a loss of control and crash hazard.
- Arctic Cat recalled approximately 14,100 recreational off-highway vehicles, when it was found that heat from the exhaust can melt the plastic panels behind the operator and passenger seat, posing a fire hazard. This recall involves all model year 2014 through 2017 Wildcat Trail and 2015 through 2017 Wildcat Sport models of Arctic Cat ROVs. The recalled vehicles were sold in multiple colors, have four wheels and side-by-side seating for two people. “Wildcat Trail” or “Wildcat Sport” is printed on each side of the vehicle.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Haig’s Delicacies LLC Recalls Lot of Taboule Salad Because of Possible Health Risk.
- First Source of Tonawanda, N.Y., is recalling Honey Roast Nut Crunch containing almonds, an allergen not declared on the label. The recalled item was sold by the pound in the bulk foods department of 30 Wegmans Food Markets in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia from October 9 – 19, 2017.
- First Source Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Several Dark Chocolate Products Received from our Supplier GKI Foods LLC.
- Shoreline Fruit, LLC. Recalls Select Bulk and Retail Dark Chocolate Covered Cherry Products Due to Possible Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- 21st Century Snack Foods is Voluntarily Recalling Dark Chocolate Almonds Due to Possible Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- Rucker’s Makin’ Batch Candies Issues Food Recall of Dark Chocolate Coffee Beans, Dark Chocolate Cranberries and Dark Chocolate Peanuts – Because of Possible Health Risk, Due to Undeclared Milk Allergen
- Setton International Foods Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk in Select Dark Chocolate Almonds and Dark Chocolate Raisins Products Received from our Supplier GKI Foods LLC.
- Aurora Products, Inc. Announces Voluntary Nationwide Recall Due to Undeclared Allergens in Certain Dark Chocolate Covered products. This Includes Products Produced Under Aurora Natural Brand and Private Labeled Products Packed by or Distributed By Aurora Products, Inc.
- New American Food Products LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Packaged Goods Received From Our Supplier GKI Foods.
- DSD Merchandisers, Inc. Voluntary Recalls Dark Chocolate Almond Products Due to Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- Weis Markets recalls store-made BLT sandwiches. The products contain egg-based mayonnaise, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Chelsea Food Services Firm Recalls Pork and Chicken Products Due To Possible Listeria Contamination.
- CC Kitchens LLC Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Produced Without Benefit of Inspection.
- Denver’s Chelsea Food Services, known as Journey Cuisine, is recalling approximately 28,064 pounds of pork and chicken burritos and wrap products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes, says the U.S.
- Consumer complaints and illnesses have prompted a recall of Maple Leaf Foods chicken strips because of potential contamination with the toxin produced by Staphylococcus bacteria.
Infant & Children Products:
- VIV&LUL Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com (Recall Alert). The children’s pajamas fail to meet the flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Dondolo Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s nightgowns and two-piece pajama sets fail to meet the federal flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Little Mass Children’s Sleepwear Recalled by Mass Creation Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s nightgowns and pajama sets fail to meet flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- JW Crawford Recalls Children’s Rain Ponchos Due to Strangulation Hazard. A drawstring in the poncho’s hood poses a strangulation hazard to children. Drawstrings can become entangled or caught on playground slides, hand rails, school bus doors or other moving objects, posing a significant strangulation and/or entanglement hazard to children.
- Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachment: One Death Reported. The fire extinguishers can become clogged or require excessive force to discharge and can fail to activate during a fire emergency. In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com