Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
33 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Ethicon Recalls ECHELON FLEX™ ENDOPATH® Staplers for Failure to Completely Form Staples.
- Generic Xanax drug, Alprazolam, recalled for ‘potential presence of a foreign substance’.
- Novitium Pharma recalls Ranitidine Hydrochloride capsules. The medication, used for treatment of gastric disorders, is contaminated with a probable cancer-causer.
- Reddy’s recalls all ranitidine products in the U.S. The heartburn medications are contaminated with a probable cancer-causer.
- ICU Medical, Inc. Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Lactated Ringer’s Injection, USP and 0.9% Sodium Chloride Injection, USP Due to Presence of Particulate Matter.
- Fagron Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of LETS GEL KIT Convenience Packs Due to Potential Microbial Contamination of Non-Sterile Products
- Ford Motor Co. issued recalls the 2019 Expedition and 2019 Lincoln Navigator SUVs built in September. The popular SUVs have been recalled for an issue involving the rear toe link fastener.
- Tesla recalls model year 2019 Tesla Model 3s. The driver-side sun visor may not have airbag warning information.
- Subaru recalls Imprezas and Crosstreks. The Engine Control Module (ECM) may continue to power the ignition coil after the engine is shut off, which could result in a short circuit and blown fuse.
- Subaru of America is recalling 251 model year 2017 Imprezas equipped with an aluminum Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve. The PCV valve may come apart, allowing the separated components to enter the engine, possibly resulting in a loss of power while the vehicle is being driven.
- Daimler is recalling some new Mercedes-Benz EQC electric cars because of a potentially defective bolt in the differential.
- Model year 2019 Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles recalled. A component attached to the door jamb may have been installed incorrectly.
- General Motors Co is recalling 638,000 U.S. sport utility vehicles and pickup trucks because a wheel-speed sensor could fail and cause unintended braking.
- Arcimoto is recalling ten Arcimoto FUV motorcycles. There may be insufficient thread engagement between the inner and outer tie rods, possibly resulting in the separation of the tie rod assembly. A tie rod separation can cause a loss of steering and increase the risk of a crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach recalls vehicles with labeling issue. An incorrect carrying capacity is listed, which can allow overloading.
- Forest River is recalling 44 model year 2020 Shasta Oasis SST30QB and SST31OK trailers. The trailers may have been built with an incorrect length axle hanger, allowing the axle to contact the chassis while the trailer is moving.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Nestlé recalls more than 2 dozen cookie dough products because of rubber bits.
- Sobeys Inc. is recalling some of its Compliments brand sweet kale bagged salad blend because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- A frozen fruit supplier for the Aldi and Raley’s grocery chains is recalling frozen berries because a government test returned a positive result for hepatitis A.
- Traverse City recalled apples due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Recalled varieties include McIntosh, Honeycrisp, Jonathan, Fuji, Jonamac and Red Delicious apples.
- Fromagerie Bergeron Inc. is recalling Fromagerie Bergeron brand Gouda Curds and “Le Populaire” from retailers because of possible Salmonella contamination.
- H&T Seafood Inc. Recalls Siluriformes Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection.
- OSI Industries, LLC Recalls Ready-To-Eat Beef Patty Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- T & R Enterprise USA expands egg roll recall. The products were produced and packed under unsanitary conditions.
- Peekay International expands apricot recall. The products contain sulfites not declared on the label.
- Shivam Distributors recalls dry dates. The product has a high sulfite content not declared on the label.
- GL Holdings recalls Green Lumber. The male sexual enhancement product is tainted with tadalafil, which is not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products:
- Walmart and Costco are recalling Parent’s Choice and Kirkland branded baby formula because of possible contamination with Cronobacter spp., which has a fatality rate up to 80 percent in newborns and young infants.
- Hit Promotional Products Recalls Ceramic Mugs Due to Burn and Laceration Hazards. The mugs can crack or break when used with or exposed to hot liquids, posing burn and laceration hazards.
- John Deere Recalls Compact Utility Tractors Due to Injury Hazard. Front cab support bolts that were torqued improperly during manufacturing can fail during a rollover, posing a crushing injury hazard to the operator.
- Kawasaki Motors USA Recalls Lawn Mower Engines Due to Burn and Fire Hazards. The high pressure fuel line can get damaged causing a fuel leak, posing burn and fire hazards.
- Michaels Recalls Tassel Keychain Mobile Power Banks Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The lithium ion battery in the keychain’s mobile power bank can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards.
- New Port Sales Recalls All-Gloo Craft Glue Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirements; Poison Hazard to Children. The glue contains methanol and poses a poisoning hazard to young children if ingested. The packaging is not child-resistant as required by the Poisoning Prevention Packaging Act.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com