Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Kia recalls model year 2017 Sorentos. The engine crankshaft may have been improperly heat treated and may fail.
- Fiat Chrysler is recalling nearly 470,000 older vehicles worldwide to fix a problem with headrests that can malfunction in rear collisions. The recall covers certain 2012 Jeep Liberty SUVs and 2012 and 2013 Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger midsize sedans.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- REV Recreation Group is recalling 2,532 model year 2013-2015 Fleetwood Bounder and 2013-2016 Fleetwood Southwind recreational vehicles. The welds attaching the battery tray may be insufficient. As a result, the tray may separate from underneath the chassis.
- Jayco is recalling 374 model year 2016-2017 Greyhawk motorhomes, model 29ME. Damage to the liquid propane (LP) line can occur by the line being melted by the vehicle’s exhaust pipe, contacting the drive shaft, or being kinked at the p-clamp.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 97 model year 2008-2009 Raptor recreational vehicles, models 3110 and 3018, equipped with IOTA ITS-50R transfer switches. These transfer switches may fail when exposed to elevated electrical loads in higher ambient temperatures.
- Forest River is recalling 6 model year 2018 Forester motorhomes, model FRC3271SF. The vehicle’s federal placard may inaccurately state that the vehicle has single rear wheels and tires, when it is equipped with dual rear wheels and tires.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- General Mills Issues Voluntary Recall of Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Raisin Granola Cereal.
- La Terra Fina Recalls 10 oz. Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip & Spread Due to Mislabeling and Undeclared Allergen.
- Allergy Alert Issued In 13 Whole Foods Market Stores for Undeclared Egg in Apple Cinnamon Hand Pies.
- Bel Brands USA, Inc. Issues a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Merkts Port Wine Cheese Spread Because Of Possible Foreign Bodies Found In a Limited Batch of Products.
- A.S.K. Foods, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Taste of Inspirations Classic Red Skin Potato Salad Net. Weight 16 Oz. (454g)
- Tai Foong USA recalls Royal Asia Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup. The product may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Sid Wainer & Son of New Bedford, Mass., is recalling Jansal Valley brand Dried Chili De Arbol Peppers. The product contains peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Sandridge RMH Acquisition of Morton Ill., is recalling approximately 1,222 pounds of ready-to-eat beef pot roast. The product is mislabeled as beef pot roast, but actually contains beef meatloaf. In addition, the product contains wheat and soybean oil, allergens not declared on the label.
- Clair D. Thompson & Sons recalls ground beef. The products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.
- Newswanger Meats in Ohio recalled more than a ton of beef, pork and chicken products after routine county tests showed bacteria in the company’s water supply for its processing facility.
- J & B Sausage Company, Inc. Recalls Fully Cooked Shredded Beef Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Battistoni Italian Specialty Meats, LLC, Recalls Salami and Capocollo Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Silver Spring Foods recalls Waterfront Bistro Tartar Sauce. The product contains egg, an allergen that may not be declared on the label.
- Yummy Market Inc. is recalling smoked lake trout because of possible contamination with the toxin that causes botulism poisoning. Consumers are urged to check their homes for the Yummy Market branded “Smoked Lake Trout w/Pepper with Cracked Black Pepper” and not eat any unused portion of the fish.
- Cooperstown Cheese Co. raw milk cheese positive for Listeria.
- Pinnacle won’t say where it distributed recalled Birds Eye peas. FDA says public notice unnecessary in this case, despite nationwide distribution and Listeria risk.
- Gear Isle is recalling Rhino 7 Platinum 5000, Papa Zen 3300, Fifty Shades and Grande X 5800 capsules. The products are tainted with sildenafil and tadalafil, which are the active ingredients in two FDA-approved prescription drugs used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED), as well as desmethyl carbodenafil which is structurally similar to sildenafil.
Recalled Spinach Artichoke Dip
Recalled Potato Salad
Recalled Ground Beef
Infant & Children Products:
- Toys “R” Us Recalls Infant Wiggle Balls Due to Choking Hazard. The wiggle ball’s rubber knobs and plastic back can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
- Diono Is Recalling More Than 500,000 Car Seats. There is concern that the restraints cannot adequately protect children in a crash.
- Outlet Converters Recalled by Ningbo Litesun Electric with Home Depot Due to Shock and Fire Hazards. The outlet converters front outlet prongs are not configured correctly, resulting in reverse polarity when plugs inserted, posing shock and fire hazards.
- Suunto recalls wireless tank transmitter and tank pods. The exterior plastic case of the device can burst during pre-dive pressure testing.
- Cost Plus World Market Recalls Girona Outdoor Dining Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The seat base can separate from the chair back causing the chair to collapse, posing a fall hazard to consumers.
- Macy’s Recalls Martha Stewart Whiteware Cake Knife and Server Sets Due to Laceration Hazard. The handles on the knife and server can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com