Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
40 Recalls to be aware this week.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals LLC is voluntarily recalling all/the following lots of the below listed injectable products to the hospital level. There is a potential for the products to contain microbial contamination.
- Succinylcholine Chloride 20 mg/mL 10 mL syringe
- Hydromorphone 1 mg/mL in 25 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride
- Fentanyl 2 mcg/mL + Bupivacaine 0.125% in 250 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride
- Hydromorphone 20 mcg/mL + Bupivacaine 0.075% in 50 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride
- Morphine 1 mg/mL in 50 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride
- Morphine 1 mg/mL in 100 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride (CADD)
- Oxytocin 30 units added to 500 mL Lactated Ringers
- Phenylephrine 100 mcg/mL 10 mL in 12 mL syringe
- Fentanyl 2 mcg/mL (as citrate) Ropivacaine HCl 0.1%
- Calcium Gluconate 2 g added to 50 mL 0.9% Sodium Chloride
- Rocuronium 10 mg/mL 5 mL in 6 mL syringe
Recalled SCA Pharmaceuticals
- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling 132,552 model year 2015-2017 Outlanders, model year 2015-2016 Lancers and Outlander Sports, and model year 2015 Lancer Evolutions. The vehicles may have defective relays that can result in an engine stall, reduced engine power or the engine overheating.
- Maserati North America is recalling 439 model year 2015-2017 Quattroporte GTS vehicles equipped with a V8 3.8 liter engine. A resistor in the low pressure fuel pump resistor may fail, causing a loss of engine power or a stall, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Ford door latch recall: Automaker to repair 1.3 million F-150, Super Duty pickup trucks.
- More than 1 million Mercedes vehicles recalled for airbag fix. An electrostatic discharge, coupled with a broken clock spring and insufficient grounding of steering components, can lead to inadvertent deployment of the driver-side front airbag in vehicles subject to the recall.
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2013-2016 Audi A5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, A4 Sedan, A4 Allroad and Q5 vehicles. Contact corrosion within the electrical connector for the auxiliary heater may cause the heater wires to overheat or melt.
- Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Sonata and 2011-2015 Sonata Hybrid vehicles previously repaired under recall campaign 17V-152. The seat belt linkages for both front seat belts may detach from the seat belt anchor pretensioners.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Recalls ACE 325 Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire and Burn Hazards. The exhaust header pipe can crack and release hot exhaust gases into the engine compartment, posing fire and burn hazards.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Great Lakes Cheese Co. Inc. today announced the recall of 60 packages of American Accent Shredded Imitation Mozzarella Cheese with a best by date of JUN 8 2018 because of undeclared milk allergens on its label.
- First Source is voluntarily recalling Honey Roast Nut Crunch because it contains undeclared almond.
- BrightFarms Announces Voluntary Regional Recall of Produce Due to Potential Presence of E. coli.
- Triple B Corporation is voluntarily recalling broccoli florette’s, stir fry kit, vegie trays w/ cauliflower, and a veggie pack combo, due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- La Terra Fina recalls spinach artichoke & Parmesan dip & spread. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Bel Brands USA Inc. is recalling the Port Wine flavor of its 14-ounce Merkts cheese spread because consumers have reported finding small pieces of plastic in it.
- Relish Foods, Inc Recalls Frozen Tuna Loins Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Mann Packing of Salinas, California is voluntarily recalling minimally processed vegetable products listed below because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Mann Packing Co. Inc. recalled almost 150 freshcut vegetable products nationwide in both countries because of a positive test showing Listeria contamination. The recall includes a wide variety of “minimally processed vegetable products” packaged under several brands, including Mann’s, Trader Joe’s Walmart and others.
- Battistoni Italian Specialty Meats recalls Salami and Capocollo. The products may be contaminated with pieces of aluminum.
- GB Green Gastronome, LLC Recalls Chicken And Pork Products Due To Misbranding And Undeclared Allergens.
- Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. Recalls Chicken Products due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Pacific oysters recalled for marine biotoxin. The biotoxin found by the CFIA causes Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP), which can cause respiratory paralysis and requires immediate medical attention.
- “Janes Pub Style” frozen, breaded chicken products recalled because of Salmonella.
- Vantage Foods Inc. is recalling mechanically tenderized steaks for E. coli.
- Agropur Cooperative recalls Firm ripened Comté cheese due to possible Listeria contamination.
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says a variety of fish products from two grocery stores in the Toronto area are being recalled due to a risk of botulism. Initially only one product was recalled, “Smoked Lake Trout w/Pepper with Cracked Black Pepper.” One illness has been reported in connection with that product.
- Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc., Recalls Chili and Soup Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. of Freedom, PA, is recalling 701 pounds of heat-treated, not fully cooked, not shelf stable chicken products that may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Les Chateaux De France, Inc. Recalls Bacon-Wrapped Scallops due to Misbranding and an Undeclared Allergen.
- Aunt Beth’s Cookies is voluntarily recalling certain baked cookies sold between January 1, 2017 and September 28, 2017 because they may contain traces of undeclared peanut or tree-nut allergens.
- Weis Markets Issues Recall For Undeclared Egg Allergen In Store Made BLT Sandwiches – Sandwiches contain egg-based mayonnaise.
- Organic yogurt maker, Stonyfield, is voluntarily recalling a specific code date of its O’Soy Strawberry soy yogurt because it may contain an undeclared milk allergen.
- Kenny’s Great Pies, Inc. of Smyrna, GA, is voluntarily recalling its 22 ounce packages of “Kenny’s Buckeye Pie” because they may contain undeclared wheat.
- Myanmar Wholesale of Maplewood, Minnesota is recalling all packages of Thanlwin brand Fried Bean Snack, because it may contain undeclared peanuts.
- Organic Spices, Inc. is recalling 0.4 oz. Organic Tarragon Lot No. OTW100134 because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Kiriko, LLC, is voluntarily recalling all lots of A1 Slim 30-capsules bottles. Laboratory analysis has found the product product to be tainted with sibutramine, phenolphthalein and N-Desmethyl sibutramine. These undeclared ingredients make this product an unapproved new drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established and, therefore, subject to recall.
Recalled Pacific Oysters
Infant & Children Products:
- Kids Preferred Recalls Wind-Up Musical Toys Due to Choking Hazard. The metal post and/or handle of the wind-up mechanism can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Target Recalls Leather Pouf Ottoman Due to Suffocation and Choking Hazards. The zippers on the pouf ottomans can be opened by children who can then suffocate or choke on the pouf’s polystyrene beads.
- Herman Miller Recalls Fiberglass Rocking Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The rocker’s base can separate from the seat, posing a fall hazard.
- BSH Home Appliances Expands Recall of Dishwashers Due to Fire Hazard. The dishwasher power cord can overheat and catch fire.
- Frontier Wood Chippers Recalled by John Deere Due to Injury Hazard. The wood chipper’s knives (blades) can break and discharge, hitting the operators or bystanders, posing a risk of injury.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com