Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
31 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals recalls Robaxin tablets. The label contains incorrect daily dosing information.
- Silver Star Brands, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Human and Animal Drug Products Due to Microbial Contamination.
- UberScientific Recalls Topical Anesthetic Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirement; Risk of Poisoning.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 86 model year 2018 Land Rover Range Rovers, Land Rover Range Rover Sports and Land Rover Discoverys. The Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) system may be disabled without warning the driver that the system is not functional.
- Jeep readying 2018 and 2019 Wrangler recall for bad frame welds. The issue revolves around the track bar mount, which on some vehicles is shearing off where it is welded to the frame.
- Subaru of America is recalling 27,175 model year 2010-2014 Subaru Legacys and Outbacks equipped with a manual transmission. The electronic parking brake (EPB) may not engage as intended, allowing the vehicle to roll away if the transmission is not in the proper gear when parked.
- Chrysler is recalling 37,228 model year 2017-2018 Alfa Romeo Giulias and model year 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvios equipped with 2.0L engines. The engines may misfire causing the catalytic converter to overheat, possibly resulting in damage to the nearby wiring and engine components.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 27,030 model year 2017-2018 Kia Niro hybrid electric vehicles. The Main Relay within the Power Relay Assembly (PRA) may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance.
- Toyota said it was recalling a total of 2.43 million gasoline hybrid vehicles over a hybrid system issue which can lead to stalling.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Various Coachmen and Forest River travel trailers recalled. The inner bearing races on the hubs may be missing from the axles.
- Highland Ridge recalls Open Range and Mesa Ridge travel trailers. The inner bearing races on the hubs may be missing from the axles.
- Grand Design recalls Reflection, Imagine and Transcend travel trailers. The axles may be missing inner bearings on the hubs.
- Yamaha Recalls Golf Cars, Personal Transportation and Specialty Vehicles Due to Crash Hazard. The accelerator pedal return spring can break, posing a crash hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Coca-Cola Deutschland has recalled certain bottles of Fuze Tea, one of its ready-to-drink iced tea brands due to a product quality issue.
- Gravel Ridge Farms recalls eggs for Salmonella risk after illnesses reported. A cage-free egg producer is recalling an unspecified number of eggs, regardless of date stamps, from grocery stores and restaurants because of potential contamination with Salmonella.
- Working Cow Homemade Ice Cream, Inc. is conducting a voluntary recall of No Sugar Added Vanilla and No Sugar Added Chocolate ice cream manufactured during the month of May 2018. The recall is being conducted due to a potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Reilly Craft Creamery LLC, a micro-creamery, has closed up shop until further notice because testing found Listeria monocytogenes in his company’s ice cream and production plant.
- Callie’s Charleston Biscuits Issues Voluntary Product Recall for Country Ham Biscuits and Cocktail Ham Biscuits Produced Using Johnston County Hams.
- Ladyfingers Gourmet to Go Voluntarily Recalls Signature Shaved Country Ham Rolls Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Arctic Gardens brand Veg-e Protein products recalled. Pieces of plastic can fall into the product during microwaving.
- Whole Foods Market recalls 365 Everyday Value White Corn Tortilla Chips. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- JBS Tolleson, Inc. Recalls Raw Beef Products Due to Possible Salmonella Newport Contamination.
- Canteen/Covenco Recalls Ready-To-Eat Breaded Chicken Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Ukrop’s Homestyle Foods Recalls Ready-To-Eat Meat and Poultry Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Johnston County Hams Inc. initiated a recall on Wednesday of more than 89,000 pounds of ready-to-eat ham in relation to Listeria monocytogenes infections.
- Salmonella was found in two batches of Dr. Zak’s Barn Farmed Liquid Egg White 970 ml was recalled on Sept. 17 followed by other batches on Sept. 21.
- Canadian food safety officials are investigating smoked salmon marketed by Monsieur Émile Smokehouse after government testing found Listeria monocytogenes in the company’s product.
- IKEA is recalling about 37,000 CALYPSO ceiling lamps. The lamp’s glass shade can detach and fall, posing impact and laceration hazards to consumers. The company has received 19 reports of the glass shade detaching and falling, resulting in three minor injuries, including bumps and cuts.
Recalled IKEA Ceiling Lamp
- Walmart Recalls Camp Axes Due to Injury Hazard. The axe head can detach from the handle, posing an injury hazard.
- AAA Innovations Recalls Promotional Cooler/Grills Due to Fire Hazard. The wooden cabinet surrounding the grill can catch fire, posing a fire hazard.
- Metal Playground Climbers Recalled by BCI Burke Due to Strangulation Hazard. The two welded handgrip locations at the top of the climbers can be too large creating a strangulation hazard. A child’s body could become lodged in these openings, posing a strangulation hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com