Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
39 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Medtronic Recalls 6 French Sherpa NX Active Guide Catheters Due to Separation and Fragmentation Issue.
- ICU Medical Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Certain Lots of Plum and Sapphire Microbore Infusion Sets with Inline Filters.
- Innoveix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of all Sterile Compounded Drug Products Due to a Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Ford has issued a recall for roughly 20,000 of its 2019 Rangers in North America. Ford says the design of the truck’s heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) blower motor could possibly cause an electrical short, which could potentially result in overheating, smoking or fire.
- Subaru is recalling 366,282 Foresters from model years 2015-18 because the front passenger airbag may not go off when it should during a crash. The problem stems from Subaru’s “Occupant Detection System,” which may not be able to detect a person sitting in the seat due to a loose connection.
- Toyota Supra, Rolls-Royces, dozens of BMWs recalled for backup camera issue. It affects most 2018-2020 BMWs and more than 250k vehicles in all.
- Jeep Wrangler USPS mail trucks will soon deliver their own recall notices. Excessive wear and tear can cause the seatbelt buckle to break.
- Jaguar recalls model year 2019-2020 F-Type vehicles. The tire placard label states an incorrect size for the rear tires.
Recalled Ford Truck
Recalled Rolls Royce
- Ducati recalls 1199 SL, Panigale R (V2), 1299 SL and 1299 FE motorcycles. Oil may leak from the airbox drain hose.
- Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) is recalling 6,632 model year 2019-2020 Can-Am Ryker motorcycles. The wheel nuts may crack, causing the wheels to loosen and may cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Recalled Ducati Motorcycle
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Pleasure Way Industries is recalling 1,148 model year 2018-2020 Plateau, Plateau XL, Ascent and Lexor motorhomes equipped with a Fiamma F45 Eagle or Fiamma F65 Eagle awning. The awning drive mechanism may fail causing the awning to extend unexpectedly without input from the user.
- Keystone recalls model year 2020 Cougar fifth wheels and travel trailers. The vehicles could experience an electrical short circuit.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Recalls a Select Lot of Butter Crunch Half Gallons for Possible Foreign Object.
- Allergy Alert for Undeclared Milk & Egg in White Parkerhouse Rolls Issued by Four Whole Foods Market Stores in Midwest.
- Lipari Foods Issues Recall of Ham & Cheese Wedge Sandwiches Due to Potential Contamination of Listeria Monocytogenes.
- Jumbo Foods Inc. Recalls Frozen & Fresh Chicken Salad Sandwiches Because of Possible Health Risk.
- California New Foods has expanded its voluntary recall of frozen cookie dough products due to a lack of labeling that addresses the potential for the products to contain peanut and walnut allergens.
- Fisherman’s Pride Processors Issues Recall of Shrimp Product Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Milk and Soy Allergens.
- UNFI Voluntarily Recalls Arla Apetina Marinated Feta & Olives in Oil, Pitted Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Premium Foods USA recalls Siluriformes fish products. The products were not re-inspected for import into the U.S.
- Mical Seafood recalls tuna. The products may contain elevated levels of histamines.
- King Arthur Flour is expanding an earlier recall to include specific lots of 5-lb. & 25-lb. bags of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour. The product may be contaminated with E. coli 026.
- J. M. Smucker recalls Robin Hood All Purpose Flour. The product may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Cornerstone Premium Foods of Syracuse, N.Y., is recalling a specific lot of product containing frozen blackberries. The product may be contaminated with Norovirus, a highly contagious virus that may cause acute onset of symptoms of gastroenteritis including severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- YOUBITE, LLC Recalls Pork Sausage and Turkey Sausage Products due to Mislabeling.
- Jumbo Foods Inc. is recalling Tuscan Sun (TS) brand chicken salad sandwiches, according to the company’s notice posted by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Georgia food producer Tip Top Poultry is recalling an undetermined amount of ready-to-eat chicken products for possible contamination with listeria.
- Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Ltd. (EST. 99) is recalling raw beef products from the marketplace due to possible E. coli O157: H7 contamination.
- Hayward, CA-based Global Commodities Corporation, has recalled one lot of Buenas Brand frozen grated coconut, a product of The Philippines.
- Canada’s Nossack Fine Meats Ltd. is recalling Butcher’s Pride Corned Beef and Pastrami from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Recalled Ice Cream
Infant & Children Products:
- IKEA Recalls Infant Bibs Due to Choking Hazard. The snap on the bibs can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- fluidfreeride of Miami, Fla., is recalling about 1,900 Mercane WideWheel electric kick scooters. The brake caliper can fail causing the rider to lose control, posing fall and injury hazards.
- Fit For Life recalls SPRI ultra heavy resistance bands. The rubber resistance bands can separate from the handle and the user.
Recalled Electric Scooter
- Carrier Recalls Carrier- and Bryant-Branded Heat Pumps Due to Fire Hazard. The fan motor on the heat pumps can fail, causing the units to overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Signature Hardware recalls bath stools. The stools can break during use, posing fall and injury hazards.
- Ronson Brand Tech Torch Recalled by Zippo Due to Fire Hazard. The Ronson Tech Torch can continue to produce a flame after the activation trigger is released into the off position, posing a fire hazard.
- Harbor Freight Tools recalls Gordon folding knives. The locking mechanism can fail to engage on extension of the blade.
- VIQUA recalls solenoid valve kits for UV water treatment systems. Electrical current could leak from the solenoid valve, posing an electrical shock hazard.
- Kawasaki Motors USA Recalls Lawn Mower Engines Due to Burn and Fire Hazards. The fuel injector can leak excessive amounts of fuel into the engine, posing burn and fire hazards.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com