Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
47 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Promise Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Prednisolone and Gatifloxacin Ophthalmic Solution 1%/0.5% Sterile Due to Small Particulate Floating in the Solution.
- Ford Motor Co said Thursday it will recall nearly 1.5 million cars in North America to address a faulty part that could lead to engine stalls.
- BMW says it is expanding a recall to cover 1.6 million vehicles worldwide due to possible fluid leaks that could result in a fire. BMW said Tuesday that in some diesel vehicles, coolant could leak from the exhaust gas recirculation module, part of the emissions reduction system. The leaks could combine with soot at high temperatures and lead to a fire.
- Yamaha Motor Corporation is recalling 1,902 model year 2015-2018 Yamaha SR400 motorcycles. The engine oil line flare nut may be insufficiently tightened, allowing oil to leak onto the rear tire and cause a loss of control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is recalling certain 2012-2013 Yamaha XTZ12 Super Tenere motorcycles. Over time, a gap may develop in the protective sealant where the lead wires of the accelerator position sensor (APS) and throttle position sensor (TPS) connect to the electronic control unit (ECU). This may cause corrosion on the wires, preventing the engine from returning to idle after the throttle is released.
- Suzuki recalls DL and GSX motorcycles. The fuel pump O-ring may be twisted, reducing the sealing performance.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2019 Forest River Berkshire motorhomes recalled. The entry door may open while the vehicle is moving.
- Model year 2016-2019 Keystone Impact and Fuzion recreational trailers recalled. The trailer’s braking ability could be reduced.
- Cruiser RV recalls various model year 2019 travel trailers. The axles may be missing inner bearing races on the hubs.
- Grand Design recalls Reflection travel trailers. The outside 110V outlet is not wired correctly.
- Model year 2019 Newmar Dutch Star motorhomes recalled. The brake pedal may not release fully.
- Model year 2019 Winnebago Horizons recalled. The door may open unexpectedly while the vehicle is moving.
- Forest River recalls model year 2019 East to West travel trailers. Tires may contact the floor or wheel well while the trailer is moving.
- Cub Cadet Recalls Utility Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel tank’s neck can crack and cause fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Forager Project is recalling three dates of Nuts and Vanilla – Organic Plant Protein Shake because the product contains almond flour which is not declared on the label.
- Shirley’s Cookie Company Inc. is recalling over 600 units of 16-ounce packages of “Chocolate Whoopie Pie” because they may contain peanuts, which were not declared on the label.
- Clackamas Bakery Recalls Fred Meyer Bakery Angel Food Cake Bar Due to Undeclared Allergens.
- Feel Good Foods Inc Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg Product in “Vegetable Fried Rice”.
- Faribault Foods, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of a Limited Quantity of S&W Brand White Beans Due to the Presence of Undeclared (Sulfites).
- Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Cedar’s Chickpea Salad 8 oz.
- P. East Trading Corp. Issues Alert on Undeclared Sulfites in Fruits Du Sud Golden Seedless Raisins.
- Working Cow Homemade, Inc. Expands Recall of Ice Cream Products Because of Possible Health Risk.
- New Seasons Market Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Soy in Hot & Sour Broth.
- UBC Food Distributors Recalls Hot Curry Powder and Curry Powder due to Lead.
- Sirob Imports, Inc. Issues Recall Due to Elevated Lead in Spices.
- A La Carte Foods Properties, LLC Recalls Meat and Poultry Products Containing Meat Produced without Benefit of Inspection.
- Taylor Farms Northwest LLC Recalls Pork Carnitas Bowl Products due to Possible Salmonella and Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination in Tomatillos.
- Ruiz Food Products, Inc. Recalls Beef and Poultry Products due to Possible Salmonella and Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination in Onion Ingredient.
- Envolve Foods Recalls Chicken and Beef Products due to Possible Salmonella and Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination in Vegetables.
- Bakkavor Foods USA, Inc. Recalls Meat and Poultry Products due to Possible Salmonella and Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination in Onions.
- All People’s Food, is recalling approximately 3,904 pounds of smoked whole chicken products due to misbranding, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The products contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), which is not declared on the product label.
- Suzanna’s Kitchen, Inc., is recalling approximately 15,363 pounds of grilled chicken products due to an unapproved substance, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The product contains concentrations of thallium.
- Red Square Foods, Inc., is recalling an undetermined amount of various frozen meat and poultry ravioli and blintzes products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens. The products contain eggs, milk, and/or wheat, all known allergens, which are not declared on the product label.
- Sofina Foods Inc. is recalling Janes brand Pub Style Chicken Burgers from the marketplace because of a risk of possible Salmonella contamination.
Infant & Children Products:
- i play Recalls Infant Rattles Due to Choking Hazard. Pieces of the rattle can detach, posing a choking hazard to infants.
- Children’s Toy Instrument Sets Recalled Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban; Made by Creative Sto and Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com. Paint on the maracas, xylophone and carrying case contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- G & C Raw, LLC (G & C), an Ohio Domestic Limited Liability Company, is recalling almost five months’ worth of dog and cat food products due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled products were manufactured from February 27, 2018, through July 20, 2018, and were sold under the brand names G & C Raw Dog Food and G & C Raw Cat Food.
- Brookstone Wireless Speakers Recalled Due to Fire Hazard. The lithium ion batteries in the wireless speakers can
- Pacific Cycle Recalls Adult Men’s Mountain Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard. The downtube on the bicycles can crack, posing a fall hazard.
- Shimano Recalls Bicycle Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury. The bicycle helmets do not comply with the federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury.
- Huish Outdoors Recalls Buoyancy Control Devices (BCDs) Due to Drowning Hazard. Buttons on the Zeagle Sport BCD inflators can break or fracture leading to a rapid loss of air or auto inflation of the BCD, posing a drowning hazard to scuba divers.
- Yvolve Sports Recalls Electric Skateboards Due to to Fall Hazard; New Instructions and Warning Labels Provided. The tire on the skateboard can deflate, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- Haier America Recalls Top-Mount Refrigerators Due to Fire Hazard. An electrical component in the refrigerator can short circuit, posing a fire hazard.
- Cub Cadet Recalls Zero-Turn Riding Mowers Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel tank’s neck can crack and cause fuel to leak, posing a fire hazard.
- CB2 Recalls Pendant Lights Due to Fire and Shock Hazards. The insulation on the electrical wiring can come loose, posing fire and shock hazards.
- Shadescapes Recalls Pool and Patio Umbrellas Due to Injury Hazard. The umbrella arm can break while in use, posing an injury hazard.
- Waupaca Elevator Recalls to Inspect Elevators Due to Injury Hazard. The elevator cab can fall unexpectedly to the bottom of the elevator shaft and abruptly stop, posing an injury hazard to consumers in the elevator cab.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com