Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- OriGen VV28F Reinforced Dual Lumen ECMO Catheters: Recall – Potential for Separation of Extension Tube From Hub.
- Diabetes Infusion Sets by Medtronic: Recall – Vent Membrane May be Susceptible to Being Blocked by Fluid.
Recalled OriGen Catheters
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2017 F-150 and Mustang vehicles. The air bag inflator within the passenger frontal air bag module may rupture in the event of a crash. An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 124 model year 2010-2011 Hurricane, and model year 2011 Serrano and Windsport motorhomes. The vehicles are wired to be powered by a generator and are equipped with an Iota ITS-50R transfer switch that may fail when exposed to elevated electrical loads and used in higher temperatures.
- Keystone RV Company is recalling 6,686 model year 2016-2018 Springdale and Summerland recreational trailers. The wiring for the electric stabilizer jacks was incorrectly connected to the unprotected side of the breaker.
- Erwin Hymer Group North America is recalling 195 model year 2016-2018 Hymer Aktiv recreational vehicles, built on RAM Promaster chassis and equipped with a Continental kit (CK). The exhaust pipe may melt the rear bumper cover and the taillight wiring, causing the tail light not to function, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River recalls model year 2018 XLR ToyHaulers. The federal placard may contain incorrect tire and rim combination information.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls Four Winds, Chateau and Freedom Elite RVs. The liquid propane hose may become pinched and leak fuel.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Coborn’s recalls American Rye and Caraway bread. The products contain milk, soy and egg, allergens not declared on the label.
- Cherry Valley Marketplace Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in “Cherry Valley Vanilla Cupcakes” and “Cherry Valley Chocolate Cupcakes”.
- Natural Grocers Issues Recall on Organic Deglet Dates Due to Mislabeling and Undeclared Allergens.
- German Sausage Haus, LLC, Recalls Meat Products Due To Possible Processing Deviation and Staphylococcal Enterotoxin Contamination.
- Simply Fresh Foods recalls San Francisco Seafood Salad. The product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the individual cups inside the carton.
- America New York RI Wang Food Group recalls sausages. The product contains milk, an allergen, not declared on the label.
Recalled Rye Bread
- Nantucket Distributing Recalls Patio Set Chairs Due to Fall Hazard. The fabric seat on the chairs can tear, posing a fall hazard to the user.
- Target Recalls Room Essentials 4-Drawer Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards. The recalled dressers are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing serious tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or injuries to children.
- Southwire Recalls Globe and Snow Globe Stake Lights Due to Fire Hazard. Light refraction through the stake lights can singe or melt items in contact with or in the immediate proximity, posing a fire hazard.
Recalled 4-Drawer Dressers
- Shiseido Co Ltd has decided to voluntarily recall Killer Wink Gel Liner products of its self-selection makeup brand, INTEGRATE, as select products have been found to contain specks of plastic in the eyeliner core due to production deficiency.
Recalled Eye Liner
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com