Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
24 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Sandoz recalls Losartan Potassium and Ezetimibe prescription drug bottles. The packaging is not child resistant as required by federal law.
- Hospira, Inc., Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall for one lot of BACTERIOSTATIC WATER for Injection, USP, due to a Potential Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Pacifico National, Inc. dba AmEx Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall for all Lots of Bevacizumab.
Recalled Bacteriostatic Water Injection
- Land Rover is recalling 14,277 model year 2018 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport vehicles with Continental Surround Camera Systems. The back-up camera system may fail to display the rearview image when the vehicle is in reverse.
- MW Company Recalls MOMO Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapters Due to Crash Hazard; Risk of Serious Injury and Death. The steering wheel adapter’s quick release can activate inadvertently and cause the race car’s steering wheel to suddenly detach from its steering column while the vehicle is in motion, rendering the vehicle impossible to steer and posing a crash hazard and risk of serious injury and death to the driver.
Recalled Land Rover
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Model year 2018-2020 Mountain Aire, Essex, and King Aire motorhomes recalled. The bedroom fascia header may fall unexpectedly onto the bed.
- Yamaha recalls golf cars, personal transportation and specialty vehicles. The module that regulates power to the vehicle’s USB ports can overheat and melt.
- Kawasaki USA Recalls Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Crash and Injury Hazards. Incorrect joint assembly can cause steering control loss, posing crash and injury hazards.
- Gator Utility Vehicles Recalled by John Deere Due to Crash Hazard. The plastic sheathing on the throttle cable can melt due to improper routing, causing the throttle to stick. This could result in the operator not being able to stop the vehicle, posing a crash hazard.
Recalled Golf Carts
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Udi’s Classic Hamburger Buns Recalled due to Potential Presence of Foreign Material.
- Hiland Dairy Announces Voluntary Recall of Hiland Dairy Half-Gallon and Pint Lemonades.
- BCI Foods Inc. Recalls Meat and Poultry Soup Products Produced Without Benefit of Import Inspection.
- Great One Trading Inc. Issues Expanding Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Fishball Products.
- Potential danger from bone fragments in animal shaped chicken nuggets spurred Maître Saladier Inc. to recall an undisclosed volume of the product.
- Artizen Oils Recalls Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements, Risk of Poisoning. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
- Makzemo recalls Balquis Yemeni spice. The product may be contaminated with lead.
- House of Spices (india) Issues Recall of “MDH Sambar Masala” Due To Salmonella Contamination.
Recalled Hamburger Buns
Recalled Chicken Nuggets
Infant & Children Products:
- Walker Edison Furniture Recalls Children’s Bunk Beds Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The bunk bed’s support boards can break, posing fall and injury hazards.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Dog Goods USA LLC Expands Voluntary Recall of Chef Toby Pig Ears Pet Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk.
Recalled Pig Ear Pet Treat
- GreatCall recalls Lively Mobile Plus emergency alert device. The call button can fail in an emergency.
- Decathlon USA of Emeryville, Calif., is recalling about 50 Rocky Screwgate carabiners. Incorrect assembly can cause the carabiner to unlock while in use, posing a risk of serious injury or death to the user.
- STIHL PolyCut Mowing Heads Recalled Due to Injury Hazard. The bolts connecting the plastic blades and holding the mowing head together can come loose and the mowing head can come apart, posing a risk of injury to the user or bystanders.
- John Deere Recalls Frontier Grooming Mowers Due to Entanglement Injury Hazard. Incorrect assembly of the mower’s drivelines can prevent the safety shield from spinning independently, posing an entanglement injury hazard to consumers.
Recalled Lawn Mower
- The Beaufort Bonnet Company Recalls Handmade Knit Dolls Due to Injury Hazard. A sewing needle was discovered in the stuffing of one of the handmade knit dolls, posing a puncture injury hazard.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com