Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Plastikon Healthcare Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Milk of Magnesia Oral Suspension 2400 mg/30 mL due to Microbial Contamination.
- The Metrix Company of Dubuque, Iowa is Recalling Specific Lots of the Empty IV Flexible Containers (Bag) Marketed Under the Metrix Secure EVA Dual Chamber and Baxter ExactaMix Names, Due to the Potential for Leaking of the IV Bag at the Chamber Divider Rod.
- Darmerica LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Quinacrine Dihydrochloride Due to a Labeling Error.
- KRS Global Biotechnology, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of All Human and Animal Sterile Drug Products Due to Lack of Assurance of Sterility.
- Ford recalls some Explorer SUVs after reports of hand injuries on sharp seat edges. The company said owners could come in contact with the sharp edges when reaching between the power front seat and center console, which could result in injury.
- GM recalls 3.8 million vehicles in North America due to braking issue. The recall covers 2014-2018 model year vehicles, including some Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Suburban and GMC Yukon vehicles.
- Nearly 3,500 Jeep Gladiators recalled for driveshafts that could fail. Parts supplier allegedly failed to lubricate the driveshaft.
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is recalling 403 model year 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinans. The brake lights may not be bright enough. Without a sufficient level of brightness from the brake lights, the vehicle may have reduced visibility to other drivers when braking, increasing the risk of a crash.
- McLaren recalls model year 2018-2019 Senna vehicles. The engine harness may be chafed by a metal link pipe heat shield.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Deere & Company of Moline, Ill., is recalling about 19,800 John Deere XUV835 Gator utility vehicles sold in the U.S., and Canada. The plastic sheathing on the throttle cable can melt due to improper routing, causing the throttle to stick. This could result in the operator not being able to stop the vehicle, posing a crash hazard.
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling about 2,600 model-year 2019 and 2020 side-by-sides. An incorrect joint assembly can cause steering control loss, posing crash and injury hazards. This recall involves model year 2019 and 2020 Kawasaki Teryx and Teryx4 vehicles.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Hometown Food Company Issues Voluntary Recall of Martha White Gluten Free Sweet Cornbread Muffin Mix Due to Possible Presence of Gluten.
- BCI Foods recalls meat and poultry soups. The products did not undergo import re-inspection.
- Recall of Yellowfin Tuna Steaks Issued. The tuna loins were sold at Baker’s, Dillon’s, Gerbes, JayC Food, Kroger and Payless stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Urban Remedy Voluntarily Recalls 76 Salads, Wraps That May Contain E.Coli Bacteria No Illnesses Reported, Company Taking Preventive Action.
- Hiland Dairy recalls lemonades. The products may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls Several Hy-Vee Mealtime Asian Entrees Due to Undeclared Milk Allergen.
- The CFIA announced that Les Spécialités Prodal (1975) Ltée is recalling various brands of pâtés, mousses, terrines, and rillettes from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Great One Trading expands fish product recall. The products may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- House Of Spices (India) Issues Recall of “MDH Sambar Masala” Due To Salmonella Contamination.
- Rong Shing Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Eggs and Milk in FuPaiYuan Nougat Candies.
- Stark Group International Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk Allergens in Ritter Sport KAFFEESPLITTER – 3.5 Ounce /100 Gram.
- Artizen Oils of Denver, Colo., is recalling about 6,000 bottles of Artizen Oils Wintergreen and Birch 100 percent Pure & Natural Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
- Healing Solutions Recalls Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
Infant & Children Products:
- Ragdoll & Rockets Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard. The children’s loungewear fails to meet the flammability standards for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Walker Edison Furniture Company of Salt Lake City, Utah, is recalling about 1,200 children’s bunk beds. The bunk bed’s support boards can break, posing fall and injury hazards.
- MW Company recalls MOMO Quick Release Steering Wheel Adapters. The steering wheel may suddenly detach from its steering column.
- RH recalls Turkish robes. The garments fail to meet the flammability standards.
- Air Rifles Recalled by DIANA Can Unexpectedly Discharge; Risk of Serious Injury and Death. The air rifle can unexpectedly discharge even if the safety is engaged. This can result in a serious injury or death.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com