Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
29 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited Expands Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Losartan Potassium Tablets, USP and Losartan Potassium / Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets, USP.
- Darmerica LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Quinacrine Dihydrochloride Due to a Labeling Error.
- Takeda Issues US Recall of NATPARA® (parathyroid hormone) for Injection Due to the Potential for Rubber Particulate.
Recalled Losartan Potassium Tablets
- 227,000 VWs, Porsches face recall over airbags, seatbelt pre-tensioners. The Tiguan, Sharan and CC models built in 2015 as well as Porsche 911, Boxster, Cayman and Panamera models from 2015 and 2016.
- Indian recalls model year 2019 Chieftain Motorcycles. The tail lights may exceed the maximum light output allowed.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Lance Camper Manufacturing is recalling 151 model year 2018-2019 Lance Camper 855S trailers. The 12 volt battery power and/or ground wire may contact the hot burner box of the refrigerator.
- Jayco is recalling 870 model year 2019-2020 Eagle HT fifth wheel trailers equipped with MORyde Orbital or You Turn Rubber Pin Box Wedge Kits. The pin boxes may have been equipped with bolts 1-3/4″ in length when they should have 2″ long bolts.
- Keystone recalls model year 2019-2020 Hideout 25TH toy haulers. The trailers may be missing the Special Transportation Provision warning label.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- General Mills Recalls Five Pound Bags of Gold Medal Unbleached All Purpose Flour. The recall is being issued for the potential presence of E. coli O26 which was discovered during sampling of the five-pound bag product.
- Astrochef LLC is recalling 11,475 pounds of Marie Callender’s frozen chicken pub style entrees that are labeled as beef pub style entrees for misbranding and because they contain soy, which is not declared on the label, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service.
- Perdue Foods LLC Recalls Simply Smart Organics Frozen Chicken Ready-to-Eat Products Due to Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens.
- Conagra Brands recalls Udi’s Classic Hamburger Buns. The product may contain small pieces of white plastic.
- Hy-Vee Fresh Commissary recalls ready-to-eat beef and chicken products. The products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Alfa International Seafood of Medley, Fla., is recalling refrigerated, wild-caught yellowfin tuna loins. The product may have elevated levels of histamine that can produce an allergic reaction called histamine or scombroid fish poisoning.
- Southeastern Grocers Issues Voluntary Recall Variety pack cookie products sold in Southeastern Grocers stores. The recall is due to the inclusion of an undeclared allergen in the products.
- Schwartz Brothers Bakery issues allergy alert on undeclared egg in Lemon Dessert Bars.
- Stark Group International recalls Ritter Sport KAFFEESPLITTER. The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Roland Foods, LLC Initiates a Voluntary Recall of Roland Red Lumpfish Caviar and Roland Black Lumpfish Caviar Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Healing Solutions is recalling about 32,000 bottles of Healing Solutions Wintergreen and Birch 100 percent Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
- Rong Shing recalls FuPaiYuan Matcha candies. The products may contain milk and eggs, allergens not declared on the label.
- Fitoterapia USA Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of MERO MACHO ARTIFICIAL PASSION FRUIT FLAVORED VITAMIN C LIQUID SUPPLEMENT Due to Presence of Active Ingredient Tadalafil.
Recalled Unbleached All Purpose Flour
Recalled Yellowfin Tuna Loins
Recalled Essential Oil
Infant & Children Products:
- Abbott Laboratories Recalls Calcilo XD® Infant Formula.
- Ragdoll & Rockets of Gardena, Calif., is recalling about 14,100 sets of children’s loungewear. The garments do not meet the federal flammability standard for children’s sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- Ridley Block Operations Voluntarily Recalls a Batch of Ultralyx 2416-5 No Other Products are Affected; Distribution was Limited to Georgia and Florida.
- Humanscale Recalls QuickStand Lite Workstations Due to Injury Hazard. The recalled workstation’s arm can break and cause the workstation to fall, posing a risk of injury.
- Exploding Kittens Recalls Safety Goggles Sold with Extreme Edition Dodgeball Game Sets Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively on Kickstarter. The goggles contain glass lenses, posing a laceration hazard if shattered.
- Kichler Lighting Recalls Pendant Lights Due to Fire Hazard. The light sockets can overheat, melt, or catch fire, posing a fire hazard.
- Chronicle Recalls Power Armor Collectible Helmets Due to Risk of Mold Exposure. Mold can be present on the fabric insert inside the helmet, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
- DIANA recalls air rifles. The air rifle can unexpectedly discharge even if the safety is engaged.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com