Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
27 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Oscor Inc. Issues Recall of TB – Temporary Bipolar Pacing Lead (Unshrouded 2 mm Pins Models).
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall for Two Lots of Robaxin® 750mg Tablets 100 Count Bottle Packs Due to Incorrect Daily Dosing Information on Label.
Recalled Robaxin® Tablets
- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) is recalling 9,166 model year 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Outlander Sport, 2018-2019 Eclipse Cross, and model year 2017-2018 Outlander vehicles equipped with a Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) system that detects pedestrians.
- Mitsubishi recalls various vehicles with braking software issue. The braking and stability systems may malfunction.
- Mitsubishi recalls Outlanders with 18-inch alloy wheels. The certification label lists an incorrect rear wheel rim size.
- Honda recalls 1.4 million cars to replace front passenger air bag inflators from Takata. The company says the recall, which covers Honda and Acura vehicles, is part of an attempt to get ahead of a government-mandated schedule of recalls on the Japanese-made air bags.
- Honda to issue recalls for 232,000 backup cameras. Dealers will update the infotainment software to fix the bug. Honda said it discovered the problem after owners started to complain about their backup cameras not working.
- Model year 2018 Bentley Mulsannes recalled. The full rearview camera view may be temporarily obstructed or delayed.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Jayco recalls model year 2018 Alante motorhomes. The leveling system hoses may leak and cause a fire.
- Model year 2018 Entegra Odysseys recalled. The leveling system hoses may leak and cause a fire.
- Model year 2018-2019 Outlaw motorhomes recalled. The wiring for the coach may have be improperly wired to the battery.
- CFMOTO Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard. The fuel hose can crack and fuel can leak from the vehicle, posing a fire hazard.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Corporation Voluntarily Recalls. The recall was initiated due to E.coli being detected in the well water and distribution system that supplies the firm’s operations.
- Voluntary Recall on Harris Teeter Low Fat Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt Due to Undeclared Peanut Product.
- Zweigle’s recalls olive loaf pork products. The products contain sodium nitrite levels exceeding the regulatory limit.
- Allergy Alert Issued in Whole Foods Market Stores Nationwide for Undeclared Milk in 365 Everyday Value White Corn Tortilla Chips.
- PepsiCo recalls peanuts because of aflatoxin levels. Duyvis Peanuts zout-Sel 200-gram with dates July 13 and 20, 2019, and lot numbers 0001005431 and 0000998957 are affected.
- Ice cream maker expands recall; stops production because of Listeria.
Recalled Macadamia Nuts
Infant & Children Products:
- Boy Scouts of America Recalls Neckerchief Slides Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban. The colored enamel on the neckerchief slides contains levels of lead that exceed the federal lead content ban. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
- Boy Story Recalls Action Dolls Due to Choking Hazard. The joints on the vinyl dolls can break, creating broken pieces that pose a choking hazard to young children.
- Provata Health Recalls Promotional Activity Trackers Due to Burn Hazard. The activity tracker wristbands can overheat while the user is wearing it or when charging, posing a burn hazard.
- Life Fitness Recalls PowerMill Climber Due to Fire Hazard. Electrical arcing can occur if liquid enters the power receptacle at the front of the climbers, resulting in sparking and smoking, posing a fire hazard.
- TerraTrike Recalls Adult Tricycles Due to Crash Hazard. The right hand wheel hubmount can bend or break, allowing the user to lose control of the trike, which can result in serious injury or death.
- IKEA Recalls Ceiling Lamps Due to Impact and Laceration Hazards. The glass shade on the ceiling lamp can detach and fall, posing impact and laceration hazards to consumers.
- Traeger Grills Recalls Wood Pellet Grills Due to Fire Hazard. Grease can leak from the drip tray, posing a fire hazard.
- Kaz recalls Stinger Insect Zappers. The insect kill grid can detach inside the housing, posing a shock hazard.
- Desert Harvest Recalls Reléveum Skin Repair Cream Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirements. The bottles are not child resistant as required by the Poison Prevention Packaging Act, posing a poisoning risk if the contents are swallowed by young children.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com