Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
32 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- B. Braun Medical Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of one lot of one catalog item number of an Infusomat® Space Volumetric Infusion Pump Administration Set, Due to Potential Leakage.
- Apotex Corp. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Ranitidine Tablets 75mg and 150mg (All pack sizes and Formats) due to the potential for Detection of an Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity in the product.
- Sandoz Inc. Issues Voluntary Recall of Ranitidine Hydrochloride Capsules 150mg and 300mg Due to An Elevated Amount of Unexpected Impurity, N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), in the Product.
- Drugmakers are recalling generic versions of heartburn drug Zantac sold at Walgreens, Walmart and Rite Aid over concerns the medications contain a probable carcinogen.
- Nissan and Infiniti recall 1.2 million vehicles because backup camera might go blank. Nearly every car in both lineups for 2018 and 2019 is included.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Entegra Coach is recalling 101 model year 2019-2020 Insignia, Anthem, Aspire, Cornerstone, Reatta and Reatta XL motorhomes. The upper and lower steering shaft bolts may have been insufficiently tightened, allowing the steering column shaft to come loose.
- Jayco is recalling 14 model year 2019 Embark motorhomes. The upper and lower steering shaft bolts may have been insufficiently tightened, allowing the steering column shaft to come loose. A loose steering column shaft may cause a loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Forest River is recalling 41 model year 2020 Catalina Travel Trailers. The fasteners securing the upper sleeping bunks may be too short, which can allow the bunk to fall.
- Thor Motor Coach recalls various model year 2020 motorhomes. The battery cables may loosen, posing the risk of a fire.
- Keystone recalls model year 2020 Cougar 30RKD trailers. The emergency exit windows over the dinette table in the cabin are missing a red handle.
Recalled Recreational Vehicle
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Astrochef recalls Marie Callender’s Pub Style Steak & Ale. The product contains soy, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Urban Remedy recalls salads and wraps. The products may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Randsland Farms Inc. is recalling bagged salad kits and kale because federal inspectors found they are potentially contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Weaver Fundraising, LLC Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Almonds, Cashews, and Pecans in Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch Sold in Houston and Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Euphoria Fancy Food Inc. Recalls “Capitan K Salmon Fillet” Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Brandt recalls “Extra Lean Kolbassa Sausage” because of a risk of Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- Globe Meats Fresh Market & Grill has recalled Globe Meats Fresh Market & Grill brand Regular Ground Veal from the marketplace due to possible E. coli O157: H7 contamination.
- Tip Top Poultry, Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Poultry Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Fisher Packing Company Recalls Ready-To-Eat Pork Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Roland Foods recalls red and black lumpfish caviar. The products may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Schwartz Brothers Bakery recalls lemon dessert bars. The product contains egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Frozen and Refrigerated Cookie Dough Products Recalled Due to Potential Health Risk from Allergens.
- Rong Shing Trading Ny Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Ganchi Naiweitangpian Candies.
- Rong Shing recalls FuPaiYuan Nougat candies. The product may contain egg and milk, allergens not declared on the label.
- Fitoterapia USA is recalling 19,000 bottles of Macho Artificial Passion Fruit Flavored Vitamin C Liquid Supplement. The liquid dietary supplement, taken for erectile dysfunction, contains Tadalafil, making the product an unapproved drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established.
Infant & Children Products:
- Abbott Laboratories recalls Calcilo XD infant formula. There is an inconsistency in aroma and color.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
Recalled Pig-ear Dog Treat
- TDBBS Voluntarily Recalls Pig Ear Pet Treats. No Illnesses Reported; Strictly Precautionary.
- Gramco, Inc. Recalls Hog Grower Pellets because of Elevated Vomitoxin Levels.
- Exploding Kittens of Los Angeles, Calif.. is recalling about 11,200 pair of safety goggles sold with Throw Throw Burrito Extreme Going Pro Edition Dodgeball Card Game sets. The goggles’ glass lenses pose a laceration hazard if shattered.
- ASKO Distribution North America of Madison, Wis., is recalling about 31,000 ASKO dishwashers sold in the U.S., and Canada. The power cord can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Home Meridian recalls three-drawer chests. The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall.
- Chronicle recalls Power Armor collectible helmets. Mold can be present on the fabric insert inside the helmet.
fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com