Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
23 Recalls to be aware this week.
- Hospira is voluntarily recalling one lot of 25% Dextrose Injection, USP, (Infant) pre-filled syringe to the hospital/user level due to the presence of particulate matter, identified as human hair, found within an internal sample syringe.
- General Anesthetic and Sedation Drugs: Drug Safety Communication – FDA Approves Label Changes for Use in Young Children.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Foretravel is recalling 81 model year 2012-2018 ih-45, Phenix and Nimbus motorhomes. The ball joints on the independent front suspension modules can loosen and separate, leading to a partial loss of steering and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 148 model year 2017 Ace, Hurricane and Windsport motorhomes. The weight rating labels for the vehicle’s tow hitch indicates a 10,000lb weight capacity when the actual hitch capacity is 8,000lbs.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Urban Remedy is conducting a recall on Cold Pressed Apple Juice due to possible undeclared cashew. The recalled products were sold under the brand name(s) Whole Foods Market.
- Our Local Bounty Recalls Organic Basil Pesto with Watercress Because of Possible Health Risk.
- McCain Foods USA, Inc. Expands Voluntary Recall of Frozen Hash Browns to include Wegman’s Retail Brand Due to Possible Health Risk.
- Phoenix Food, LLC Announces Voluntary Recall of Dip Trio Mix Due To Possible Health Risk.
- Foster Poultry Farms Recalls Frozen Ready-To-Eat Breaded Chicken Patty Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Uncle John’s Pride, LLC. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Sausage Products Due to Possible Foreign Matter Contamination.
- Fineberg Packing Co., Inc. Recalls Ready-To-Eat Ham Products Due to Possible Listeria Contamination.
- Baraka Bakery and Grocery Recalls Ground Beef Products Due to Possible E. coli O157:H7 Adulteration.
- Lords Organics Recalls Ginger Powder Because Of Possible Health Risk.
- Urban Remedy Issues Voluntary Recall of Mislabeled Non-Dairy Spiced Golden Milk Due to Undeclared Allergen.
- Routine pathogen testing revealed Listeria contamination in The Farming Fish brand of organic basil pesto with watercress, spurring the Oregon company to recall the product, which was distributed to retailers in the state.
- Chicken patty products recalled after plastic material discovery.
- Great Value, other pie and tart shells recalled for tainted flour.
- Soylent of Los Angeles, Calif., is recalling 890 boxes of Soylent 1.8 Powder that may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
Infant & Children Products:
Osprey Child Backpack Carriers | www.cpsc.gov
- Osprey Recalls Child Backpack Carriers Due to Fall Hazard – A child seated in the carrier can slip through the leg openings, posing a fall hazard to children.
- Zutano Recalls Infant Booties Due to Choking Hazard – The non-slip rubber grips on the bottom of the booties can detach, posing a choking hazard.
- Horizon Hobby Recalls Remote-Controlled Model Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard – The vehicle’s electronic speed control (ESC) can fail and short circuit, posing a fire hazard.
- Chromag Bicycle Stems Recalled by Riser Holdings Due to Fall and Injury Hazards. The clamping bolts that secure the stem to the fork steerer and/or the handlebars can break, posing fall and injury hazards to riders.
- Women’s Sweaters Recalled by FatFace Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard – The recalled women’s sweaters fail to meet federal flammability standards for clothing textiles, posing a risk of burn injuries.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com