Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Cook Medical Issues Global Recall of Select Lots of Central Venous Catheters and Pressure Monitoring Sets and Trays.
- BMW recalls 840,000 cars due to Takata Air Bags
- Volkswagen recalls 680,000 brand cars in US over airbag problems
- Audi to recall 170,000 cars in US on airbag worries
- GM recalling 473,000 SUVs, pickups in North America for brake pedal problems
- Garden of Life LLC Expands Voluntary Recall to Include Additional Lots of Raw Meal Products Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- International Foodsource, LLC Issues a Voluntary Recall of Various Raw Pistachios Products Due to Possible Salmonella Risk.
- Giant Eagle Voluntarily Recalls Japanese Hand Breaded Cod Fillets Due to an Undeclared Soy Allergen.
- Maytag Dairy Farms Announced a voluntary recall of Maytag Raw Milk Blue cheese due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Canyon Creek Soup Co., of Edmonton, Alberta, is recalling 7,275 pounds of meatball soup products that were not presented at the U.S. point of entry for inspection.
- Organic Pastures Dairy Co. raw milk has a list of California retailers that received have been linked to an E. coli outbreak.
- Vosges, LTD recalled approximately 135 pounds of Uncured Bacon Ganache chocolate products (under the Trader Joes brand) for misbranding and undeclared allergens.
- Chiquita Brands International’s salad division, Fresh Express Inc., is recalling bagged, chopped romaine because a production line error resulted in condiment packets for other products being included in the romaine bags. The condiments’ ingredients are not included on the chopped romaine labels and therefore pose an allergen threat for people with food allergies or sensitivities.
Infant & Children Products:
- Nuna Baby Essentials Recalls High Chairs Due to Fall Hazard.
- Classic Characters, sold exclusively at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Recalls Infant Booties Due to Choking Hazard.
- Artic Cat recalls snowmobiles – The brakes can fail, posing a risk of injury or death to the operator.
- Crescent Point Energy Recalls To Inspect Propane Gas Due to Fire and Burn Hazard.
- Pier 1 Imports Recalls Swivel Dining Chairs – base can break and cause falling hazard.
- IKEA Recalls Ceiling Lamps Due to Laceration Hazard.