Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
30 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- PharmaTech LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Diocto Liquid Distributed by Rugby Laboratories due to a risk of product contamination with Burkholderia cepacia.
- Alere to Initiate Voluntary Withdrawal of the Alere INRatio and INRatio2 PT/INR Monitor System.
- Aston Martin recalls DB9, DBS, V8 Vantage, Virage, Rapide, Vanquish, Vantage, and V12 Zagato vehicles — Interior door unlocking mechanisms may not function properly.
- Mercedes-Benz recalls C300 4Matics — The electric power steering assist system may shut down due to a software error resulting in increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
- Nissan Leaf, Sentra recalled for passenger airbags — the wiring harness connector may detach from the passenger airbag. If the connector were to unfasten itself, the dual-stage passenger airbag may not deploy in the case of an accident.
- URBAN626 recalls electric scooters — The bolt below the seat can crack, posing a fall hazard.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Forest River recalls Flagstaff and Work N’ Play recreational trailers — Propane gas may leak into the regulator sight glass causing it to degrade and potentially crack. If the indicator sight glass cracks, propane gas may leak out and a fire may occur in the presence of an ignition source.
- Spree travel trailers recalled — The refrigerator compartment may overheat increasing the risk of fire.
- Crossroads recalls Hill Country and Sunset Trail recreational trailers — The inside range burners may be extinguished unintentionally. With the burners extinguished, the propane may continue to flow, creating a build up of propane gas, which in the presence of an ignition source, can increase the risk of a fire and/or explosion.
- Gulf Stream recalls Ameri-Lite and Super-Lite trailers — The Federal Information Certification label lists the incorrect tire size. If relying on the label, an incorrect replacement wheel and tire combination may be installed, possibly increasing the risk of a crash.
- Georgetown Motorhomes model year 2017 recalled — The vehicles were accidentally equipped with two seat belt assemblies on the rear-facing dinette seat allowing the vehicle to transport up to eight passengers instead of six passengers as the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) was based on. With the extra passengers, the GVWR may be exceeded and the vehicle may be overloaded, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Newmar recalls Dutch Star motorhomes — The steering wheel’s connection to the front axle could fail resulting in a sudden loss of steering.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Dream Body Weight Loss recalls various weight-loss products — The products contain sibutramine, which was withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2010.
- IKEA chocolate products recall expanded — The products contain milk, hazelnuts and/or almonds, allergens not declared on the label.
- Baptista’s Bakery recalls Snack Factory® Original Pretzel Crisps® — The product may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Two flavors of Betty Crocker cake mix recalled — The products may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Continental Mills recalls blueberry pancake mix — The product may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Cumberland Farms Premium Chocolate Treats recalled — The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Eastland Food recalls Euro Custard Cakes — The product contains milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- General Mills expands flour recall — The products may be contaminated with E. coli.
- Tippin's Gourmet Pies, LLC Announces the Recall of Tippin's Key Lime Pie for the Presence of Undeclared Peanut Residue Due to Supplier Recall.
- Monogram Appetizers Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared (Egg) In Poppers Brand Mozzarella Cheese Sticks.
- Marie Callender’s Cheese Biscuit Mix voluntary recall Due To Possible E.coli contamination.
- Kerry Inc. Recalls Golden Dipt® Jalapeño Breaders Because of possible E.coli contamination.
- Liquid Plumr Clog Removers Recalled by The Clorox Company Due to Failure to Meet Child-Resistant Closure Requirement — The recalled bottles are not child-resistant and children can remove the top.
- IKEA Recalls Safety Gates and Safety Gate Extensions Due to Fall Hazard — The locking mechanism on PATRULL-line safety gates and safety gate extensions can open unexpectedly.
- Nestlé Waters North America Recalls AccuPure Water Dispensers Due to Fire and Burn Hazard — The water dispensers can overheat, causing internal parts to melt and smoke.
- Home Source Recalls Floor Lamps — The lamps can short circuit due to defective sockets posing fire and shock hazards.
- Flushmate Recalls Flushmate III Pressure-Assist flushing systems expanded — The system can burst at or near the vessel weld seam, releasing stored pressure. This pressure can lift the tank lid and shatter the tank, posing impact and laceration hazards to consumers and property damage.
- Bernhardt recalls dressers and nightstands — The recalled dressers are unstable if they are not properly anchored to the wall. if they are not properly anchored to the wall, posing a serious tip-over and entrapment hazard that can result in death or injuries to children.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, www.uscgboating.org