Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
31 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Stryker Sustainability Solutions (formerly Ascent Healthcare Solutions) Recalls Flush Angiographic Catheter Due to Tip Separation.
- Talon Compounding Pharmacy Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of HCG and Sermorelin Due to Lack of Sterility Assurance.
- Mitsubishi recalls Lancers and Outlanders – The vehicles could suffer a loss of steering control.
- BMW halts delivery of several M cars for rear differential problem.
- Ferrari recalled entire 2017 Lineup for Takata Airbags
- Kawasaki recalls Z125 Pro motorcycles – The shock absorbers may leak oil and lose their function.
- Yamaha recalls motorcycles with clutch and oil pump issues – The transmission may be unable to shift properly and the engine may seize up.
- Indian Motorcycle Company has issued a recall due to elevated exhaust temperatures that may result in an increased risk of fire.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Entegra recalls Aspire and Aspire TK motorhomes – The vehicle could suffer sudden loss of an engine brake without warning.
- Tuscany Motorhomes recalled (Model year 2014-2016) – The vehicle could suffer sudden loss of an engine brake without warning.
- Forest River recalls model year 2013-2016 XLR toyhaulers – The chassis axle may shift, resulting in a loss of vehicle control.
- Winnebago Tour and Itasca Ellipse motorhomes recalled – The throttle pedal position sensor on the affected vehicles may not return to zero.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Krispak recalls GFS Honey Roasted Peanuts – The products may contain tree nuts (pecans), an allergen not declared on the label.
- Faribault Foods recalls No-Salt-Added Black Beans – The product may be adulterated with plastic and/or metal pieces.
- Theo Chocolate recalls Salted Almond 70% Dark Chocolate bars – The product may contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Tippin’s Gourmet Pies updates Key Lime Pie recall – The product may contain peanut residue, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Haring Catfish recalls Siluriformes fish products – The products may be adulterated with gentian (crystal) violet.
- Monogram Appetizers recalls Poppers Brand Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – The product may contain egg, an allergen not declared on the label.
- U.S. Cado Holdings expands recall of imported Swai filets – The products were distributed into U.S. commerce without meeting federal importation requirements.
- Agave Dream is recalling Cappuccino Ice Cream because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Weis Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for 30 bakery products including muffins, cookies, shortbread and baked bread items due to the potential presence of small metal fragments (2-9mm) in the sugar topping used on these products.
- Kwik Trip, Inc. is recalling Kitchen Cravings Strawberry and Mixed Berry Parfaits in an 8.25 oz. cup because they may contain undeclared traces of peanuts.
- Starway Incorporated is recalling Peony Mark Brand Biscuits because the product contains undeclared milk and unallowed color.
Infant & Children Products:
- Lorex Recalls Video Baby Monitors Due to Burn Hazard – The video monitor’s batteries can overheat, swell and expand and cause the battery cover to open or come off. This can expose hot batteries.
- Things Remembered Recalls Children’s Jewelry Due to Violation of Lead Standard – The clear surface coating on the bracelets and necklaces contain lead in excess of the allowable limits. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health issues.
- GSI Outdoors Recalls Children’s Water Bottles Due to Violation of Lead Standard; Sold Exclusively at L.L.Bean – The lead solder exterior base of the bottles contains high levels of lead, which is toxic if ingested by young children can can cause adverse health issues.
- Crosman Recalls Crossbow Rope Cocking Devices Due to Injury Hazard – Tabs on the hooks attaching the rope cocking device to the crossbow string can break and cause the rope to recoil.
- Cycling Sports Group Recalls Commuter Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard – The fork axle on Cannondale Bad Boy and Bad Girl commuter bicycles can crack.
- Nu Skin Recalls Mist Diffusers Due to Risk of Mold Exposure – Mold can develop on the product, posing a health risk to individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.
- Nestlé Waters North America recalls AccuPure water dispensers – The water dispensers can overheat, causing internal parts to melt and smoke.
- IKEA recalls safety gates and safety gate extensions – The locking mechanism can open unexpectedly, posing a fall hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com