Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
35 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- More Auto Manufacturers Announced Recalls due to Takata airbags that affect more than 12 million vehicles. Mfrs include Ferrari, Mitusubishi, Honda, Fiat Chrysler, Toyota, Subaru, Saab, General Motors, Mazda, Nissan.
- Ford recalls 1.9m cars and crossovers for defective airbags. This includes the 2007-2010 Ford Edge, 2006-2011 Ford Fusion, 2005-2011 Ford Mustang, 2007-2011 Ford Ranger, 2007-2010 Lincoln MKX and 2006-2011 Lincoln MKZ, Zephyr and Mercury Milan vehicles built in North America. Dealers will replace the passenger-side frontal airbag at no charge to the customer.
Motorcycle/Scooters/Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Harley-Davidson Dyna Low Rider motorcycles recalled – Engine vibrations may damage the ignition switch internally and the engine may shut off during riding.
- Honda Goldwing, the first and so far the only motorcycle equipped with an airbag (Takata), has been recalled.
- Newmar recalls Ventana and Ventana LE vehicles – The front sway bar mounting brackets may not fit properly on the axle.
- Winnebago recalls Journey & Forza, and Itasca Solei & Meridian motor homes – The front sway bar mounting brackets may not fit properly on the axle causing the mounting bolts to bend or loosen. If the sway bar bolts loosen, the sway bar may detach from the axle, affecting the handling and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Sweet Earth Natural Foods recalls of mispackaged Big Sur Burritos – The product contains milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- Taylor Farms Florida recalls salads containing chicken – The product may contain wheat and sesame, allergens not listed on the label.
- Food Gusto recalls Birdy 3 in 1 Coffee Mix – The product contains milk, an allergen not listed on the label.
- General Mills is recalling its Gold Medal, Wondra, and Signature Kitchens flour products, sold in Safeway, Albertsons, Jewel, Shaws, Vons, United, Randalls and Acme stores – The products may be contaminated with E. coli.
- MaraNatha®, under advice from its co-manufacturer of sunflower seed butter, is voluntarily recalling a limited number of retail lots of MaraNatha® All Natural Sunflower Seed Butter because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Nature’s One Voluntarily Recalls ‘PediaSmart® Dairy Vanilla’ Because of Possible Under-Delivery of Nutrition Using Included Scoop.
- Brown & Haley is expanding its voluntary recall to include one additional lot of Mountain Thins “Trail Mix” flavor that may be impacted by sunflower seeds contaminated with Listeria.
- Hostess Brands Issues Recall On Possible Undeclared Peanut Residue In Certain Snack Cake And Donut Products.
- Kashi Company is expanding its previously announced voluntary recall to include two varieties of Kashi® brand snack bars and two varieties of Bear Naked® granola because they contain ingredients made from sunflower seeds distributed by its supplier, SunOpta, that have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Chelsea Food Services is recalling Jarlsberg Cheese Spread with Cookies and Cream Dessert labeling, because it contains undeclared eggs.
- Bayou Brothers Issues an Allergy Alert for an Undeclared Fish Allergen in Bayou Brothers Creole Sauce.
- Hy-Vee Voluntarily Recalls One Salad Topping and Additional Trail Mix Products Due to Expanded Sunflower Seed Recall in the U.S.
- Clif Bar & Company is initiating a voluntary recall of CLIF BAR® Nuts & Seeds energy bars, CLIF BAR® Sierra Trail Mix energy bars, and CLIF® Mojo® Mountain Mix® trail mix bars, sold nationally, after its ingredient supplier, SunOpta, was found to have distributed sunflower kernels that may be contaminated with Listeria.
- Windy Acres Candy & Nut Company issues Urgent Food Recall of Jungle Jim’s Roast No Salt Sunflower Seeds, Windy Acres Fruity Trail Mix & Windy Acres No Salt Sunflower Seeds Due to Potential Presence of Listeria.
- Nu Life Market is voluntarily recalling jars of its three flavors of Sun Life brand Sunflower Spread packaged in a 12 ounce jar because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- CRF Frozen Foods is expanding its voluntary recall of frozen organic and traditional fruits and vegetables because of possible Listeria contamination.
- ACH Food Companies, Inc. of Memphis, TN is recalling Durkee® Salad Topping, Food Club® branded Salad Topping and Hy-Vee® Garden Style Salad Topping because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- SunOpta has decided to further expand its voluntary recall of certain sunflower kernel products due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria.
- Frontera Foods Issues Allergy Alert for Undeclared Soy Allergen in Original Taco Skillet Sauce.
- Meadow Gold Dairy is voluntarily recalling Meadow Gold brand Old Style Whipping Cream and Meadow Gold DairyPure brand Whipping Cream and Half and Half due to insufficient pasteurization. It is possible that pathogens present in raw milk, including Salmonella, Campylobacter, Listeria, and/or E. coli.
- Publix Super Markets is issuing a voluntary recall for Nut, Seed and Raisin mix because it may be adulterated with Listeria.
Pet Food & Products:
- Blue Buffalo Recalled Life Protection Formula Fish and Sweet Potato Recipe dog food for possible mold contamination.
- Hed Cycling recalls bicycle rims – The rims can cause the brake pads to wear out unexpectedly posing crash hazard to rider.
- Box Components recalls BMX bicycle forks – The steer tube can become loose in the crown of the fork posing fall hazard.
- Broan-NuTone recalls ventilation fans used in home and buildings – the fan motor can overheat, posing a fire hazard.
- Rheem recalls water heaters – The control panel on the water heaters can overheat posing fire and burn hazards.
- Honda recalls mini tillers – The tiller tines may rotate unexpectedly posing a risk of serious injury to consumers.
- Southwire recalls voltage detectors – The voltage detectors can give a false “no voltage” reading.
- Mirka is recalling electric random orbital sanders because they can short circuit and cause a fire hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com