Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
22 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Teleflex Incorporated Announces Worldwide Recall of ARROW International Intra-Aortic Balloon Catheter Kits and Percutaneous Insertion Kits – because the sheath body may become separated from the sheath hub. If the separation occurs, the patient may bleed from the sheath.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Initiated a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Amikacin Sulfate Injection USP 1 gram/4mL (250 mg/mL) Vials Due to Glass Particulate Matter.
- GM recalls 1,750 midsize pickup trucks, sedans on air bag concerns
- Nissan is recalling 46,859 Leaf electric cars to fix the brakes.
- Mercedes-Benz recalls C300s, C300 4Matics and C450 AMG 4Matics – The sunroof glass may detach and fall from the vehicle
- Honda recalled NSS300 and NSS300A scooters – Brake fluid may leak.
- Helmet City recalled model 100 motorcycle helmets – The helmets may not be strong enough to protect a user’s head.
- KYMCO recalled utility vehicles – The throttle can fail to return to idle causing the rider to lose control, posing crash and injury hazards.
Food & Beverage:
- Corona Beer has been recalled – may contain small particles of glass.
- Awareness Voluntary Recalled Boost Tea Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Texas Star Nut and Food Co., Inc. Voluntarily Recalled Nature’s Eats, Natural Pistachio Kernels Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination.
- Wonderful Pistachios announced that it is voluntarily recalling a limited number of flavors and sizes of in-shell and shelled pistachios due to a risk of Salmonella contamination.
- Nestlé USA Announced a Voluntary Recall of a Limited Number of DiGiorno® Pizzas, Lean Cuisine® and Stouffer’s® Products Due to the Potential Presence of small pieces of glass.
- Kanan Enterprises announces the voluntary recall of natural in shell pistachios due to potential contamination with salmonella.
- JRZ Dairy, Inc,, Selinsgrove, PA Recalls Whole Milk Yogurt and Low Fat Yogurt Because of a Possible Health Risk Due To Incomplete Pasteurization — Inadequate pasteurization may allow for the survival of pathogens, which may cause serious or fatal infections after consumption. No illnesses have been reported to date.
- Northern Tier Bakery LLC Issued a Voluntary Recall Due to Allergy Alert on Undeclared Milk in Tuna Salad Wedge Sandwich.
- Best Cash & Carry, has recalled ROSE BRAND DRY APRICOT (TURKEY), because it contains undeclared sulfites.
- Specialty Commodities, Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Cashew Allergen in Dry Roasted Almonds.
Pet Food & Products:
- Purina issued voluntary recall for 10-oz. tubs of wet dog food – internal quality tests showed that they may not contain the recommended level of added vitamins and minerals
- Z Gallerie of Gardenia, Calif., is recalling about 450 Golda wall clocks. The batteries inside the clock can overheat due to defective battery.
- Anchor Industries recalls safety pool covers – The hooks used to connect the cover’s cables to the wall can break.
- Liberty Hardware recalls decorative metal wall plates – The decorative wall plates can dislodge from the backplate and short circuit the outlet
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.org, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com