Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
15 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Verathon Inc. Recalls GlideScope titanium single-use video laryngoscope due to potential video feed disruption.
- Arrow International Inc. recalled Intra-Aortic Balloon Catheter Kits and Percutaneous Insertion Kits due to sheath separation issue.
- Abbott Vascular Recalls MitraClip Clip Delivery System due to issue with delivery system deployment process.
- Maserati recalled 28,000 cars for stuck accelerators.
Food & Beverage:
- Chicken of the Sea canned tuna recalled – product may be contaminated by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed.
- Bumble Bee canned tuna recalled – product may be contaminated by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed.
- Ashland Food Co-op recalled Organic raw macadamia nuts for possible salmonella contamination. Nuts recalled are only in the state of Oregon.
- Texas Star Nut and Food Co., Inc. recalled Nature’s Eats, Southern Grove, Fresh Choice pistachios and mixes containing pistachios for possible salmonella contamination.
Pet Food & Products:
- MFA bagged and bulk MFA 16% and 17% rabbit feed – product tested high for sodium. MFA Incorporated became aware of a potential problem with the feed after a consumer complaint of animal illness and deaths.
- RacerMate recalls CompuTrainer Blue Flywheels – the flywheel can shatter, while in use, and throw metal pieces into the air posing risk to rider and bystanders.
- SRAM recalls Zipp Bicycle Quick Releases Due to Crash and Injury Hazards
- SRAM recalls Zipp Bicycle Wheel Hubs due to crash and Injury Hazards
- Franklin Fueling Systems, Marina Gas Station Hose/Swivel Fitting Sets due to fire, explosion hazards.
- IKEA recalls floor and table lamps due to shock hazard.
- GE Lighting Recalls High-Intensity LED Replacement Lamps Due to Impact Hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.org, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com