Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
30 Recalls to be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Class I Recall: Phillips is recalling the HeartStart MRx Monitor/Defibrillator due to electrical and battery connection issues that may prevent the device from powering up, charging, and delivering an electrical shock therapy.
- FDA Update: FDA has updated its understanding of breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) to reflect the agency’s concurrence with the World Health Organization designation of BIA-ALCL as a rare T-cell lymphoma that can develop following breast implants.
- Kia Motors America is recalling 135 model year 2017 Niros. The recalled vehicles may have a damaged Motor Driven Power Steering (MDPS) connector resulting in a loss of electric power steering assistance.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 25 model year 2017 Jaguar F-PACE vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The recalled vehicles may have been built with a rear driveshaft that is too short, potentially resulting the driveshaft separating from the vehicle.
- Maserati North America is recalling 3,299 model year 2017 Levantes. Due to an engine software problem, at slow speeds such as stop-and-go traffic, the transmission may unexpectedly shift into neutral or the engine may shut off.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Polaris Industries is recalling 254 model year 2017 Slingshots, Slingshot SLs, and Slingshot SLRs — Three of the bolted connections between the steering and the front suspension may have been insufficiently tightened, possibly resulting in a reduction of steering and/or front suspension performance.
- Airstream is recalling 293 model year 2017 Base Camp recreational trailers. When the trailer is heavily loaded, the axle travel may allow the tires on these vehicles to contact the plastic liner of the wheel well or fender, possibly resulting in tire failure.
- Polaris Recalls Sportsman 850 and 1000 All-Terrain Vehicles Due to Burn and Fire Hazards
- Forest River recalls model year 2017 Puma recreational trailers — The federal placard contains incorrect tire and rim size information, indicating ST205/75R15C tires with a 50 psi and rim size of 14X5; the correct information is ST205/75R14C tires with a 50 psi, and rim size of 14X5.5JJ.
- TMC recalls Chateau, Freedom Elite and Four Winds motorhomes — The sofa may not have a seat belt for the middle seating position.
- Thor Motor Coach (TMC) is recalling 6,561 model year 2014-2015 ACE, Hurricane, Challenger, Daybreak, Miramar, Outlaw, and Windsport motorhomes. The vehicles have windshield wiper systems that may have been improperly installed and secured, possibly causing the wipers to fail during use impairing the driver’s visibility and increasing the risk of a crash.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Whiskey Hill Smokehouse LLC. Recalls Beef, Venison and Ostrich Jerky Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergens
- OK Food Inc. Recalls Breaded Chicken Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
- Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc. Recalls Frozen Ready-To-Eat Beef Products Due To Possible Foreign Matter Contamination
- Lakes Farm Raised Catfish, Inc. Recalls Siluriformes Fish Products Due To Possible Adulteration.
- Pro Sports Club Recalls Yogurt Peanut Crunch Bar Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Chlorofields Recalls Asian MIicrogreens Because of Possible Health Risk.
- Nutiva Expanded Voluntary Recall for Undeclared Peanuts in All Lots of Organic Plant Based Protein Superfood 30 Shake.
- Riviana Foods Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Certain Manufacturing Date and UPC Number of Ronzoni© Thin Spaghetti Due To Possible Undeclared Egg Allergen.
- J & Y Dasung recalls pork dumpling products
- Boxes containing 12 3-lb. plastic bags of “SOM SEE NEH Vegetable Meat Dumpling” with “Shelf Life: Frozen with 16months” and case code 96859-08224.
- Boxes containing 12 3-lb. plastic bags of “SOM SEE NEH KIMCHI Dumplings” with “Shelf Life: Frozen with 16months” and case code 96859-08223.
- Aroma Imports of Dearborn Heights, Mich., is recalling 450-g and 4.5-kg packages of Nabelsi brand thyme. The product may contain excessive levels of lead.
Infant & Children Products:
- Discount School Supply Recalls Children’s Waterproof Bibs Due to Suffocation Hazard.
Pet Food & Animal Products:
- EuroCan Manufacturing Voluntarily Recalling Barnsdale Farms® Pig Ears Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- ASTI recalls power adapters sold with LectroFan sound machines — The casing on the power adapter can break when plugged into an electrical outlet.
- Tegol, Inc. is recalling 11,487 Outlaw V-5 Series helmets, in all sizes — The helmets may not adequately protect the wearer in the event of a head impact during a motorcycle crash. Additionally, they may not stay secured to head during a crash.
- Haibike Recalls Electric Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard — The fork on the front wheel of the bicycles can rupture or break while in use, posing a fall hazard to the rider.
- Strategic Sports is recalling 828 Zox Nano Helmets sizes XL through XXXXXL — The helmets may not adequately protect the wearer in the event of a secondary head impact during a motorcycle crash.
- Wing Enterprises Recalls Little Giant Ladders Due to Fall Hazard.
- OPW Recalls Gas Station Hose Swivel Connectors Due to Fire, Explosion Hazards — The swivel connectors can separate from the hose or nozzle of the gas station pump and cause fuel spillage, posing fire and explosion hazards.
- Vecaro LifeStyle Recalls Self-Balancing Scooters/Hoverboards Due to Fire Hazard — The lithium-ion battery packs in the self-balancing scooters/hoverboards can overheat, posing a risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com