Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
18 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- Fresenius Kabi Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Sensorcaine®-MPF (bupivacaine HCl) Injection, USP due to the Presence of Particulate Matter Characterized as Glass
- Nissan will recall 3.53 million vehicles because airbags may not deploy.
- Ford has issued a recall for around 202,000 pick-up trucks, SUVs and cars over a problem with the transmission that could suddenly downshift and cause a drop in speed.
Motorcycle/Scooters/Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Cub Cadet Recalls Challenger Off-Road Utility Vehicles Due To Crash Hazard – The parking brake cable can fail, posing a crash hazard.
Food & Beverage:
- The Republic of Tea recalled Organic Turmeric Ginger Green Tea one lot of its organic ginger ingredient may be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria.
- Making It A Lifestyle, L.L.C. is voluntarily recalling all lots of 3rd Degree, Black Gold X Advanced and Black Label X capsule form supplements to the consumer level. The products have been found to contain undeclared sibutramine and sildenafil. These undeclared ingredients make these products an unapproved new drug for which safety and efficacy have not been established.
- World’s Choice Products, Inc. recalled three products because the products contain undeclared whey protein, which contains the allergens of milk and soy lecithin. 32 fluid ounce “Supreme Elixir” drink, 32 fluid ounce “Kid’s Juice” drink, 1 pound and 8 ounce “Xtreme Fiber Detox.”
- Southeastern Grocers Issues Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Peanuts in Bakery Creme Cakes.
- 7-Eleven Issued an Allergy Alert on Undeclared Peanuts and allergens in Fresh To Go Cookies in several states – Florida, Southern California, Missouri & Texas, New York.
- Schaffner Distributing Pronutri LLC. is recalling Re-VITA-lize LOT #15554, because it contains undeclared SOY Lecithin and MILK ingredient.
- Krasnyi Oktyabr Inc, is recalling Vobla (Roach) Dry Eviscerated Salted Fish and Bream Dry Eviscerated Salted Fish because they have the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum.
- Old Home Kitchens Issues Allergy Alert and Voluntary Recall on Undeclared Peanuts in “Old Home Kitchens 14oz Sliced Creme Cakes.
- Stile Products Expands Recall of Tern Folding Bicycles Due to Fall Hazard – The bike’s frame can crack at the hinge on the top tube.
- Alltrade Tools is voluntarily recalling its Snap-on ratcheting tie downs because the ratchet handle can fail during use, releasing the secured load, posing an injury hazard to consumers.
- One World Technologies Recalls Snow Blowers Due to Fire and Burn Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Home Depot
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com