Each week we compile a summary of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
22 Recalls you should be aware this week.
Medical Devices & Equipment:
- HeartWare Recalls Ventricular Assist Device Pumps Due to Contamination Causing Electrical Issues
- TeleFlex Medical Recalls Tracheostomy Tube Set Due to Possible Disconnection During Patient Use
- Honda – If you have received a recall notice do not ignore it. Honda and NHTSA report 11th death linked to Takata airbags.
- Hyundai recalls 2015 and 2016 Sonatas for flying sunroof panels.
- 2016 Jeep Wrangler recalled over impact sensor wiring.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Grand Design recalled Reflection recreational trailers – the vehicles have an incorrect Gross Axle Weight Rating.
- Newmar recalls Dutch Star motorhomes – the brakes on a towed device may not deactivate properly.
- Newmar recalls motorhomes with a power steering issue – the power steering pump may have an occasional loss of output power.
Photo Source: consumeraffairs.com
Winnebago recalls numerous travel trailers with incorrect water capacity information – trailers could be overloaded, possibly resulting in a loss of control.
- Jayco recalls Seismic travel trailers with electrical issue – the trailer may have an underrated resettable fuse for the awning with LED lights.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Brownwood Farms recalls fruit preserves and fruit butter products – the products contain milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Yoma Myanmar Tea Salad Snack recalled – The product may contain peanuts, an allergen not declared on the label.
- McCormick recalls club size Original Taco Seasoning Mix – the product contains milk, an allergen not declared on the label.
- Brownwood Farms recalls products containing undeclared allergens – the products contain soy or Yellow #5 food coloring.
Infant & Children Products:
- Target recalls Halloween LED gel clings – the gel clings can pose a choking hazard to children.
- TUSA recalls diving computers – the computer can malfunction and display an incorrect reading.
- Cabela’s recalls food dehydrators – defective wiring can cause a build-up of heat.
- 3 Squares rice and slow cookers recalled – improperly installed wiring can cause electrical shorting in the unit.
- Wildhorn Outfitters recalls hammocks – the straps can detach from the hammock, posing a fall hazard.
- Summer Classics recalls swivel rocking lounge chairs due to fall hazard.
- Makita recalls circular saws due to laceration hazard.
- Husqvarna recalls lawn mowers due to laceration hazard.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, usda.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com, usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com