Each week we compile summaries of recalls, FDA warnings, market withdrawals and safety alerts that we feel the public should be aware of for their safety and so that they can make informed decisions.
28 Recalls you should be aware this week.
- Subaru recalls model year 2017 Outbacks – The front brake caliper, wheel hub or stabilizer clamp attaching bolts could loosen or detach.
- KTM North America Recalls Motocross Competition Off-Road Motorcycles Due to Crash Hazard – The connecting rod in the crankshaft assembly can fracture, causing the operator to lose control of the motorcycle and crash.
Utility/Recreational Vehicles & Automotive Accessories:
- Shadow Cruiser, Fun Finder, MPG, Radiance, South Fork and Stryker recreational trailers recalled – An LED light on the front cap of the camper may short circuit and overheat.
- Thor recalls Ace, Citation, Siesta, Four Winds and Road Bear Rental motorhomes – The vehicles’ shower curtains may not adequately resist catching fire.
- Jayco recalls Redhawk motorhomes – The vehicles’ shower curtains may not adequately resist catching fire.
- Heartland recalls Wilderness, Mallard, Elkridge, Sundance and Torque travel trailers – An LED light on the front cap of the camper may short circuit and overheat.
- E-ride recalls EXV2 and EXV4 electric utility vehicles – The vehicles may not be equipped with a red reflector on the back.
- Forest River recalls Cherokee recreational trailers – There may be insufficient clearance between the bottom of the trailer and the top of the tire.
- Polaris Recalls RZR XP Turbo Recreational Off-Highway Vehicles Due to Fire Hazard; Severe Burn Injuries; Includes Previously Recalled RZR Turbo ROVs the vehicles’ engine can overheat and turbo system’s drain tube can loosen.
Food, Beverage & Nutritional Supplements:
- Ton Shen Health/Life Rising expands recall of DHZC-2 tablet – The product may be contaminated with elevated levels of lead.
- Willis Ocean recalls Eagle brand Mut Gung Sweetened Ginger – The product contains sulfites not declared on the label.
- Magic Gourmet Trading recalls Koi Palace Mooncakes – The products may contain numerous allergens not declared on the label.
- Entenmann’s Little Bites Fudge Brownies, Chocolate Chip Muffins and Variety Packs recalled – The products may contain small pieces of plastic.
- Asher’s Chocolates/Lewistown, Inc., an affiliated partner of Chester A. Asher Inc. (“Asher’s”) is initiating a voluntary recall of multiple chocolates, chocolate bars, cellophane wrapped chocolates, and individually wrapped chocolates, etc. under the Asher’s brand due to possible Salmonella contamination.
- Wegmans Announces Voluntary Recall for One Date Code of Wegmans Italian Classics Striped Ricotta & Spinach Ravioli, Which May Contain Pieces of White Plastic.
- Regalo Bakery is recalling bakery products due to undeclared Eggs, Wheat, Milk, Soy, and Artificial Food Coloring.
- Summit Import Corp., at 100 Summit Place, Jersey City, New Jersey, is recalling Yu Yee brand Black Pepper Powder packed in clear plastic 19.4oz bottles under lot No. WH76 because it was found contain Salmonella.
- Snyder’s-Lance Issues Voluntary Recall of 4oz Diamond of California® Chopped Macadamia Nuts and 2.25oz Diamond of California® Macadamia Halves & Pieces due to possible Salmonella contamination.
Beauty & Misc. Health Products:
- Aura Cacia Voluntarily Recalls Milk & Oat Bath Products Due to elevated microorganism count.
- F.D.A. Bans Sale of Many Antibacterial Soaps, Saying Risks Outweigh Benefits
Infant & Children Products:
- Dazzling Toys Recalls Chicken Toys Due to Choking Hazard – The toys contain small eggs and the chicken can break into small plastic pieces, both posing a choking hazard to children.
- Anker Issues Recall For Their USB-C Cables – they could fry your phone and/or cause an explosion or fire.
- SAHN Designs Recalls Bicycle Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury – The helmets do not comply with the impact requirements of the federal safety standard for bicycle helmets.
- Wild Country climbing harnesses recalled – Excess materials on the left waist belt tab can cause the harness to loosen.
- Cree Recalls LED T8 lamps – The recalled lamps can overheat and melt.
- Swarovski recalls pendant light fixtures – The crystal in the light fixture can detach and fall.
- United Copper recalls metal clad cables – The cable can short circuit, posing fire and shock hazards.
- John Deere Recalls Tractor Backhoe Attachments Due to Crushing Hazard – The mounting hardware could loosen and cause the backhoe frame to rotate toward the operator.
Sources: fda.gov, cspc.gov, reuters.com, safekids.org, goodhousekeeping.com, consumeraffairs.com, foodsafetynews.com , usatoday.com, autoblog.com, powersportsbusiness.com, roadandtrack.com, uscgboating.org, wemakeitsafer.com, guns.com