Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison believe that they have discovered a possible breakthrough for reducing the number of workplace injuries by using modern smartphone technology. The researchers used computer-manufactured algorithms to visually measure hand activity level of employees. The theory is that these tracked movements will allow for a more-efficient and accurate assessment of potential injury risks for their employees who work in factories, job sites or even in an office. By reducing the amount of workplace injuries, both insurance companies and employers who to lessen the amount of East Providence Workers’ Compensation lawsuits that could arise from such injuries.
How Can Workplace Injuries Be Prevented?
Unfortunately, many occupations cannot guarantee an injury-free workplace due to the strain, both physically and mentally, plus the amount of time, patience and effort used in some industries. However, there are many workplace procedures that can be put in place to lessen the chances of workplace injuries. Below are some tips to help prevent workplace injuries:
- No shortcuts in the work being completed: In a competitive economy, it is expected that many companies and employees will cut corners to finish projects to make customers happy and increase revenue. However, shortcuts can create possible hazards that could lead to workplace injuries. It is important that you remain to the instructions as given and remain vigilant for any shortcuts that may be taken.
- Wear safety equipment: Many occupations call for the use of protective gear to remain safe on job sites. For example, those who work with dangerous chemicals should wear goggles, facial protection, gloves and safety shoes to help lessen the chances of exposure. By distributing protective gear to employees, businesses are decreasing the chances of workplace injuries which could lead to workers’ compensation claims.
- Keep work areas clean: Without a clean area to work, spills, loose debris and clutter can quickly turn hazardous. By reducing the amount of potential slip and fall hazards, you are not only creating a safe environment for employees, but you also reduce the chances of workers’ compensation claims based off of injuries during an employee’s course of employment.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured At Work?
It should be noted that the first step to any injury is to seek medical attention if the injury is severe. After reaching a medical official, if needed, here are some steps that can be taken to help assure that an injured employee receives the right workers’ compensation claim for their injuries.
- Disclose your injury to your employer.
- Give an account of your injury on an injury report.
- Alert your employer to contact their insurance company in regards to your injury.
- Make an appointment with your doctor to have your injuries checked.
- Call an experienced East Providence workers’ compensation lawyer for a free case consultation.
Contact an East Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you have been injured in East Providence during work, contact the East Providence workers compensation lawyers located at
2540 Pawtucket Ave., East Providence, RI 02914. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical bills, and lost wages, among other losses. We work with experienced workers compensation lawyers across the country that do not charge a fee unless you obtain benefits or a settlement. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call us at (401) 431-1990 or toll free at 1-800-992-6878. You may also fill out a contact form on our site.