If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring (if any), lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Providence motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us toll free 24/7 or online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Were You Injured in a Motorcycle Accident From Negligence?
Call The Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For A Free Case Evaluation.
The Providence motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 28 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an exceptional AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at 401-831-8600. Our office is located at 390 Broadway in Providence, RI.
Questions From Our Clients:
1. What Legal Fees Are Associated With Motorcycle Accident Cases?
Our law firm will not charge any legal fees until you have secured a settlement or award for your injuries. We do charge the industry standard, which is a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award. We also cover the costs of obtaining medical records, etc. And we obtain these from you if and when we settle your case.
2. What Can I Do Right After An Accident To Help My Case?
You should keep in mind that the moments after your accident will have a bearing on the amount of compensation you recover. There will be a lot going on and you may be flustered or injured, but it is important to keep these tips in mind.
- Never flee the scene
- Get to safety and seek medical attention for your injuries
- Don’t apologize or discuss fault
- Call 911 to report the accident
- Call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer for legal help
- Collect contact information from witnesses
- Take pictures and document the scene as accurately as possible
- Exercise caution in who you speak with
5. What Are Common Injuries that Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Deal With?
- Head injuries: traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that may the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Fractured bones, especially to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash
- Scarring and disfigurement that have the potential of requiring significant skin graft repairs
- Internal bleeding
- Injuries requiring amputation
- Soft tissue injury
6. What If My Motorcycle Was Defective?
Before each ride, motorcyclists should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like any vehicle, motorcycles need to be properly maintained. Owners should be careful to keep the engine in proper working condition, inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably on the roadways. Even for those operators who take care and precautions to ride safely, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not completely unheard of. Riders are wise to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Some examples of motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects are:
- Fuel line
- Headlight, taillight, or turning signal
- And more…
In these cases, injured riders should speak to their Providence motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance can be held liable to you for damages.
7. What Can An Experienced Providence Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do For You?
The insurance company will offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you for your injuries and settle your case. There are many things an experienced lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. This includes monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries.
8. What Can I Do To Assist My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- The key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as you can. As time goes on, physical evidence can be destroyed or disappear, and witnesses’ memories fade. Contacting a Providence motorcycle attorney immediately is your safest bet to ensure you are fully compensated for all your injuries.
- Our motorcycle accident professionals will begin to gather evidence as soon as you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you contact the police ensures that our professional motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. The investigator will gather and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Acting fast also ensures that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations will prevent the late filing of legal claims. Thus, if you do not act fast, you run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations, you will never receive the compensation you may deserve for your injuries.
- Contacting us right away ensures that if you have a claim, which will filed in a timely manner.
- We will tell you exactly what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we will deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. What Are Some Recommended Saftey Measures for Motorcyclists?
- Wear a legally approved, full-face helmet
- Wear motorcycle-specific protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is high-visibility, so other motorists can see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Use headlights and turn signals
- Complete Motorcycle Safety Foundation training
10. Why Our Firm?
- We are available to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24/7.
- We offer a free (no obligation) evaluation of your case.
- We will come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI and MA.
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award for your injuries.
- Our firm will always return your phone calls ASAP.
- We know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Call Us Today!
Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From North Providence, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take US-44/Smith St south and turn slightly right onto Mt Pleasant Ave. Turn left onto Atwells Ave and then turn right onto Knight St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the left.
From Johnston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow US-6 E/Dennis J. Roberts Expy and use the second from the right lane to take the Broadway exit. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Follow RI-10 N and then take the Westminster St exit. Turn right on Westminster St and then take a left on Barton St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.