Providence Workers’ Compensation
390 Broadway, Providence, RI 02909 | (401) 831-8600

If you have been injured at work in Providence, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits for your lost earnings, medical expenses, job retraining, and in some cases a lump sum settlement, among other losses. Our lawyers work with knowledgeable Providence workers’ compensation lawyers that charge no fee until you receive benefits or a settlement. Call us toll free at 1-800-992-6878 for a free (no obligation) case evaluation or fill out a contact form online.

Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
(L-R) Paul d’Oliveira (Lawyer), Laura Cameron (Lawyer), Lisa Rose (Office Manager / Paralegal), Pamela Duarte (Legal Assistant)

What Is Workers’ Compensation?

man needing workers' compensation lawyerWorkers’ compensation is an employee insurance program intended to provide benefits to employees that are injured at work. Normally, your employer’s insurance company will be accountable to pay for any lost wages, medical bills and in some instances, a lump sum settlement. You may also be entitled to other benefits, such as job retraining. The workers’ compensation system provides benefits for injured workers so long as the injury occurred while at work or performing duties for work.

Am I Eligible To Basic Benefits?

Basic benefits usually include lost wages, payment for medical expenses, disfigurement, job retraining and, in some cases, a lump sum settlement. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be entitled to one or more of these benefits. Read More.

Need a Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Call Now for a Free Case Evaluation!

Will I Receive a Lump Sum Settlement?

In some cases, insurance companies will offer you a lump sum settlement rather than paying weekly disability benefits. The amount you are entitled to depends on the facts of your particular case. Read More.

Can I Get Weekly Benefits For Lost Income?

If you are injured at work and unable to return to work, you can collect weekly benefits for lost income. These benefits include temporary total disability, partial disability, and permanent total disability. Read More.

Our Best Workers’ Compensation Settlements:

Workers’ Compensation Settlement

  • $450,000 Settlement: Our client was working at a construction site when he fell off scaffolding. The injuries he suffered were a broken pelvis, broken wrist, broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder and severe cuts all over his body. These injuries needed extensive medical treatment and he was unable to work for a period of time. Our firm maintained joint responsibility with another worker’s compensation law firm, who was able to successfully get a favorable lump sum settlement for the client. Read More.
  • What Should I Do After A Workplace Injury?

    work injury claim form used in a Providence workers’ compensation lawsuit

    • Immediately report the injury to your employer.
    • Document your injury by filing a report, keeping notes and taking pictures if possible.
    • Get immediate medical attention for your injuries.
    • Ask your employer to inform their insurance company.
    • Call an experienced Providence workers’ compensation lawyer for a free case evaluation.

    Read More.

    Do I Have a Workers’ Compensation Third Party Claim?

    If your injury occurred due to the fault of someone other than your employer or co-workers, such as a sub-contractor or one of their employees, it may be available to file a third party claim. These cases compensate your for pain and suffering and are more complex. Read More.

    What Are Some Common Workplace Injuries?

    heavy box being carried by a workerAny injury that happens during the course of employment is covered under workers’ compensation. While almost all injuries are covered, there are some that happen more often than others. Read More.

    What If I Require Vocational Rehabilitation?

    If the injury you sustained is preventing you from returning to your job, you may be eligible to receive specific types of therapy that will allow you to overcome your limitations at no cost to you. Vocational rehabilitation is a specialized type of therapy that is covered in certain situations. Read More.

    Contact an Experienced Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer

    Providence Workers’ Compensation Lawyer meeting with clientIf you have been injured on the job in Providence, contact one of our Providence workers compensation lawyers located at 390 Broadway, Providence, RI. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses and lost earnings, among other losses. For a free (no obligation) case evaluation, call us at 1-401-831-8600 or toll free at 1-800-992-6878. You may also fill out a contact form on our site.

    Driving Directions

    From North Providence, RI:
    Estimated drive time, 20 minutes

    Take US-44/Smith St south and turn slightly right onto Mt Pleasant Ave. Turn left onto Atwells Ave and then turn right onto Knight St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the left.

    From Johnston, RI:
    Estimated drive time, 20 minutes

    Follow US-6 E/Dennis J. Roberts Expy and use the second from the right lane to take the Broadway exit. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.

    From Cranston, RI:
    Estimated drive time, 20 minutes

    Follow RI-10 N and then take the Westminster St exit. Turn right on Westminster St and then take a left on Barton St. Turn right onto Broadway. Our office is on the right.