If you have been injured in an auto accident and it is not your fault, you could be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical bills, lost income (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We have been handling car accident cases for over 30 years and charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Please feel free to call us toll-free or via email for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Seriously Injured in an Auto Accident?
Call the Warwick Car Accident Lawyers to Get the Compensation You Deserve!
Warwick Auto Accident lawyers, d’Oliveira and Associates, have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for over 30 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an exceptional AVVO rating of 10 out of 10. All of the attorneys at our firm have at least 20 years of experience in dealing with car accident cases.
How Much Do You Charge To File A Car Accident Case?
You will not be responsible for paying any legal fees until we have secured an award or settlement for you. Our firm will charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is common in the industry. We will also pay the upfront costs for attaining medical records, etc. and we will later acquire these from you if and when we settle your case.
After I Am Injured In a Car Accident, What Should I Do?
- Be sure to turn on your hazards and do not move your vehicle unless your vehicle is in danger.
- Try to take pictures of the position of all vehicle involved in the accident.
- Make sure to call 911 or your local police department and inform them if anyone is hurt or needs medical assistance.
- Call a friend or family member to the scene to be a witness and take photos.
- Obtain any witness information including names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Be sure to get information from the other driver regarding his/her name, address and insurance company. Also, take some notes of the vehicles positions, the weather, road conditions, time, place, and any traffic violations.
- If you are hurt, you should make sure to get medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel injured, there can be underlying medical conditions or injuries that you may feel later on.
How Will You Know What My Case Is Worth?
If you are injured in a car accident and you are not at fault, you may be entitled to recover money for your medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering portion is where we, as your lawyer, will negotiate with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies are tough to work with in these situations because it is their job to offer you the least amount of money possible. They are more concerned with numbers than actual injured people. Our 29 years of experience as Warwick car accident lawyers can be vital in your struggle against the insurance company. Read more.
How Can I Maximize Compensation For Property Damage?
The best way to guarantee you receive the correct amount for your property damage claim, is to have an insurance appraiser inspect your vehicle at the auto body shop while your mechanic is present. Your mechanic should speak with the claims adjustor assigned to your case and negotiate your property damage claim, as he will offer an unbiased and accurate opinion of the true extent of your vehicle’s damage. Read more.
Do I Only Have A Restricted Amount Of Time To File My Claim?
It is essential that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to make sure that they are part of the process. In the state of Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for almost all automobile accidents is 3 years. This means that you will have 3 years to file a lawsuit against the opposing party for your damages. Getting in contact with a knowledgeable Warwick auto accident attorney will help you navigate your claim and inform you of the applicable statute of limitations.
Am I In Trouble If The Other Driver Has No Insurance?
If you are injured as a result of an accident and the driver doesn’t have any insurance, there are a few different alternatives available to you. You may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the automobile you were in when the accident occurred, and your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you were not at fault. You may also be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by members of your household. Read more.
How Do I Need To Interact With The Insurance Providers?
- You should contact your insurance agent immediately after the accident. All insurance companies require that a claim be filed within a reasonable amount of time after the accident, so it is important to file your claim in a timely manner.
- Read your insurance policy and make sure you know the coverage you have to ensure you file the correct claims. An experienced Warwick car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Be sure to let your insurance company know the specifics of the accident. Be sure to include the insurance information of the other parties that were in the accident.
- Save any and all paperwork and documents that have to do with your claim. This can include medical bills, repair bills, and other documents or expenses.
- We advise that you don’t speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with a car accident lawyer first. If you do make the decision to speak to the opposing party’s insurance company: DO NOT discuss the specifics as to how the accident occurred, DO NOT accept any settlement offers for your claim until your doctor has cleared you from medical treatment and you are not in pain, DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has cleared you from treatment and you are not feeling anymore pain.
What Happens When The Other Person Doesn’t Have Insurance?
The lowest liability coverage that the owner of a vehicle must carry in RI is 25,000/50,000 dollars. All that means is anyone who has been injured has up to $25,000 in coverage. However, if more than two individuals are hurt, there is $50,000 in available coverage. If your injuries are valued as more than 25,000/50,000, you could be able to collect underinsured motorist dues from the vehicle that you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household.
What Can An Experienced Warwick Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
The answer is quite simple. The insurance company will offer you as little money as possible to settle your case. There are many different things a skilled lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible settlement for your injuries. These things include over seeing your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the correct tests, obtaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding all aspects of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries. We know the insurance companies’ tricks, and more importantly, how to avoid them.
Call d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
Our staff is waiting near the phone to take your calls and assist you in any way possible. “Let us focus on your case, so you can focus on your recovery.” Call today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Get on RI-10 S then take I-95 S to Jefferson Blvd in Warwick. Take exit 15 from I-95 S. Turn left onto Jefferson Blvd. Our office will be on the left.
From Coventry, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Get on RI-117 E and turn right at the first cross street onto S Main St then turn right at the first cross street onto RI-117 E. Take a slight right onto RI-117 E/W Warwick Ave. Turn right onto Main St/New London Turnpike. Turn left onto Legris Ave and continue onto Centerville Rd. Take the ramp to I-95 N towards Providence. Take Exit 15 and follow the signs to Jefferson Blvd. Turn right onto Jefferson Blvd. Our Office will be on the left.
From East Greenwich, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Get onto RI-2 N and then turn right onto RI-401 E. Turn left onto the I-95 N ramp to Providence. Take exit 14-15 for RI-37 W toward RI-2/Cranston. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/Jefferson Boulevard. Keep right to continue on Exit 15, follow signs for Jefferson Blvd. Turn right onto Jefferson Blvd. Our office will be on the left.