If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you could be entitled to a cash settlement for your medical expenses, lost earnings (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We have been handling car accident cases for over 30 years and charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Please feel free to call us toll-free at 401-490-6907 or fill out our contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Seriously Injured in a Car Accident?
Call Our Warwick Car Accident Lawyers to Get the Compensation You Deserve!
Our Warwick Auto Accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates have been helping clients get cash settlements for their injuries for over 30 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president and CEO of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an excellent AVVO rating of 10 out of 10. All of the attorneys at our firm have at least 20 years of experience in handling car accident cases.
How Much Does Your Firm Charge To File A Car Accident Case?
You will not have to pay any legal fees until we have secured an award or settlement for you. Our firm will charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is common in this industry. Additionally, we will pay the upfront costs for gathering medical records and other types of costs. Once the case is settled and you have your settlement, we will then acquire these fees from the settlement amount.
What Should I Do After I Am Injured In a Car Accident?
- Make sure to turn on your hazards and do not move your vehicle unless you or your vehicle is in danger.
- Take pictures of the position of all vehicle involved in the accident. Taking pictures of the damage done is also helpful.
- Make sure to call 911 or your local police department to inform them if anyone is injured or needs medical attention.
- Call a friend or family member to the scene of the accident to be a witness and take additional photos.
- Gather any witness information including names and telephone numbers before they leave the scene of the accident.
- Be sure to get the other drivers information regarding his/her name, address and insurance company. Also, take notes of the vehicles positions, the weather, road conditions, time, place and any traffic violations.
- If you are hurt, you should make sure to get medical assistance for your injuries as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel injured, there can be underlying medical conditions or injuries that you may feel hours or even days later.
What Will My Case Be Worth?
If you are injured in a car accident and you are not the one at fault, you may be entitled to recover money for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering portion of your case is where we, as your lawyer, will negotiate with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies are difficult to work with in these situations because it is their job to offer you the least amount of money possible so they can profit more as a company. They are more focused on numbers rather than actual injured people. Our 30 years of experience as Warwick car accident lawyers can be vital in your struggle against the insurance company. Read more.
How Can I Maximize My Compensation For Property Damage?
The best way to guarantee you receive an appropriate amount for your property damage claim is to have an insurance appraiser inspect your vehicle at the auto body shop while your mechanic is present. Your mechanic should talk with the claims adjustor and negotiate your property damage claim, as he will offer an accurate opinion of the true extent of your vehicle’s damage. Read more.
Do I Have A Restricted Amount Of Time To File My Claim?
It is to your benefit that you contact a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to make sure that they are part of the entire process. In the state of Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for almost all automobile accidents is three (3) years. This means that you will have three (3) years to file a lawsuit against the opposing party for your damages. Getting in contact with a proficient Warwick auto accident lawyer will help you navigate your claim and inform you of the applicable statute of limitations.
What If The Other Driver Has No Insurance?
If you are injured as a result of an accident and the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance, there are a few different alternatives available to you. You may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the automobile you were in when the accident occurred. It is important to note that your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you were not at fault. You may also be able collect uninsured motorist benefits from your own insurance company, or any other automobiles insured and owned by members of your household. Read more.
How Do I Need To Interact With The Insurance Providers?
- You should contact your own insurance company immediately after the accident. All insurance companies require a claim to be filed within a reasonable amount of time after the accident.
- Read your insurance policy to make sure you know the coverage you have. This will ensure you file the correct claims. A knowledgeable Warwick car accident lawyer can help you through this process.
- Inform your insurance company about the specifics of the accident. Be sure to include the insurance information of the other parties that were involved in the accident.
- Save any and all paperwork that have to do with your claim. This can include medical expenses, repair expenses and other documents or bills.
- We advise that you don’t speak to the other party’s insurance company without speaking with a car accident lawyer first. If you do make the decision to speak to the opposing party’s insurance company:
- DO NOT discuss the specifics as to how the accident occurred,
- DO NOT accept any settlement offers for your claim until your doctor has cleared you from medical treatment and you are not in pain,
- DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has cleared you from treatment and you are not feeling anymore pain.
What Happens When The Other Person Does Not Have Insurance?
The lowest liability coverage that the owner of a vehicle must carry in Rhode Island is 25,000/50,000 dollars. This means that anyone who has been injured has up to $25,000 in coverage. However, if more than two individuals are injured, there is $50,000 in available coverage. If your injuries total more than 25,000/50,000, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist dues from the vehicle that you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household.
What Can An Experienced Warwick Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
An experienced Warrick car accident lawyer can do many things for their clients. These things include overseeing your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the correct tests, attaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding all aspects of your claim and most importantly, negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries. We know the insurance companies’ tactics and how to best deal with them.
Call d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
Our staff is waiting near the phone to take your calls and assist you in any way possible. “Let us focus on your case, so you can focus on your recovery.” Call today at 1-401-490-6907, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From Cranston, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Get on RI-10 S then take I-95 S to Jefferson Blvd in Warwick. Take exit 15 from I-95 S. Turn left onto Jefferson Blvd. Our office will be on the left.
From Coventry, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Get on RI-117 E and turn right at the first cross street onto S Main St then turn right at the first cross street onto RI-117 E. Take a slight right onto RI-117 E/W Warwick Ave. Turn right onto Main St/New London Turnpike. Turn left onto Legris Ave and continue onto Centerville Rd. Take the ramp to I-95 N towards Providence. Take Exit 15 and follow the signs to Jefferson Blvd. Turn right onto Jefferson Blvd. Our Office will be on the left.
From East Greenwich, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Get onto RI-2 N and then turn right onto RI-401 E. Turn left onto the I-95 N ramp to Providence. Take exit 14-15 for RI-37 W toward RI-2/Cranston. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-95 N/Jefferson Boulevard. Keep right to continue on Exit 15, follow signs for Jefferson Blvd. Turn right onto Jefferson Blvd. Our office will be on the left.