Our top-rated Warwick car accident lawyers can guide you if you were hurt in an automobile accident today or in the past.
Making the choice to hire the best personal injury lawyer for your case is your most important decision. It is the difference between recovering a huge settlement and collecting no compensation at all.
If you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, you can get money for medical expenses, lost earnings (if any) and pain and suffering, etc. We charge no fee until we win your case. Call us at 401-490-6907 or fill out our contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Warwick RI 02888
Injured in a car accident?
Call our Warwick car accident lawyers to get the compensation you deserve!
No Fees Unless We Win
We charge the standard contingency fee of 1/3 of your settlement and there is no fee unless we obtain money for you.
What to do Right Away
- Do not move your car unless it is in danger.
- Put your hazard lights on asap.
- Take pictures or a video of all vehicles.
- Call 911.
- Get witness names and phone numbers.
- Seek medical attention asap.
- Get the other driver’s name, address and insurance company.
How Has Covid-19 Affected Car Accidents
During the COVID-19 pandemic, particularly with “stay home” orders from March until May, traffic volumes have decreased substantially. As a result, car accident statistics have also been affected. Researchers at the University of Missouri delved deep into data from the Statewide Traffic Accident Records System to analyze how this pandemic altered typical car accident statistics. ( Click-To-Learn-More ) About How Covid-19 Has Increased the Number of Fatal Car Accidents)
How a Case is Valued
You can collect money for:
- Medical Expenses,
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering Read more
- Mental Anguish
Property Damage to Your Car
The best way to guarantee you receive an appropriate amount for your property damage claim is to have an insurance appraiser inspect your vehicle at the auto body shop while your mechanic is present. Your mechanic should talk with the claims adjustor and negotiate your property damage claim, as he will offer an accurate opinion of the true extent of your vehicle’s damage. Read more.
How to Recover for Mental Suffering After a Car Accident
- Write Down & Document: There are laws that allows recovery for mental suffering in Rhode Island. So that you can collect for mental anguish in Rhode Island. Take out a pen and pad and write down your mental anguish.see
- Skip Talking to the Insurance Company: If you are thinking about calling the insurance company to tell them about your mental suffering. STOP! Pick up the phone and call a personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies are reluctant to tell you about the mental suffering compensation you are entitled to.
- Stop by to see a Professional: what you wrote down in step one is crucial for this. You need to communicate a professional where the mental suffering is coming in. A doctor will document this. These medical documentations are very important if you are trying to recover for mental pain and suffering.
Time to File a Claim
The statute of limitations for almost all automobile accidents is three (3) years in RI unless you are a minor and then it is longer. This means that you will have three (3) years to file a lawsuit against the opposing party for your damages. Getting in contact with a proficient Warwick auto accident lawyer will help you get the most money for your case.
If you are injured as a result of an accident and the at-fault driver does not have insurance, you may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the automobile you were in when you were hurt. Your insurance company cannot raise your rates if you bring a claim for your injuries or property damage to your vehicle. Additional coverage may available. Read more.
How to Deal With Your Own Insurance Company
- Answer all their questions truthfully.
- Go over your insurance policy with them.
- Keep all your paperwork such as medical bills and car repair bills, etc.
- Do not speak to the other party or their insurance company. First speak to an experienced Warwick Car Accident Lawyer.
- Do not accept any offers to settle your case.
- Do not sign anything.
Most Dangerous Intersection in Warwick, RI**
Last 5 Years:
- 292 Accidents
- 69 Injured
- 0 Deaths
City of Warwick
- Population: 80,847
- Avg Annual Auto Injuries per 1,000: 7
- Warwick RI Crime Index* 91
Nearby Cities Crime Indices*:
- East Greenwich: 76
- West Warwick: 152
- Coventry: 109
How Much Insurance is Available?
The minimum liability coverage that the owner of a vehicle must carry in RI is 25,000/50,000 dollars, which means that anyone who has been injured has up to $25,000 in coverage. However, if more than one individual is hurt, there is $50,000 total in available coverage for all people in the accident.
Hire an Experienced Warwick Car Accident Lawyer
They can do things like:
- Overseeing your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the correct tests.
- Attaining and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained.
- Advising you regarding all aspects of your claim.
- Negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries