If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Warwick, RI, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, scarring and disfigurement, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced RI motorcycle accident lawyers charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Call us toll-free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
What is my Motorcycle Case Worth in Warwick, RI?
If the other driver was at least partially responsible for the accident, you may be able to collect for the following among other losses:
- Medical Bills
- Loss of Income
- Emotional Damage
- Property Damage
- Scarring and Disfigurement
Read more here.
What are the Legal Fees?
We charge the typical rate for personal injury lawsuits, which is one third of your award. We only charge you a fee if we are able to obtain a settlement on your behalf, as is standard for the industry.
What Insurance Coverage is Required in Warwick, RI for Motorcycles?
In Rhode Island, a vehicle is required to cover a minimum amount of $25,000/$50,000 in insurance coverage. Because of this minimum, if you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you will be entitled to at least $25,000 in liability insurance through the negligent driver’s insurance company. Many policies also have underinsurance coverage available to injured parties through their own insurance which carries the same minimum of $25,000/$50,000. Read more about underinsurance coverage here. In a lot of cases, there is more coverage available than the state standard minimums that our lawyers can uncover for you.
Why are Motorcycle Cases Hard to Prove?
It is often difficult to prove that an injured motorcyclist was not at least partially at fault in an accident. Insurance company adjusters frequently argue that their insured driver is not entirely at fault because they were unable to see the motorcycle. Our skilled motorcycle lawyers can handle the process with the insurance companies in order to get you the best settlement possible. Click here to learn more about the motorcycle accident settlement process.
What Can I Do To Help My RI Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The most important step to take when you have been in a motorcycle accident is to act quickly. Contacting a lawyer immediately after you have been in an accident is crucial in order to uncover critical physical evidence that can help build your case.
It is also important to supply your lawyer with medical records from after your accident. Your RI motorcycle lawyer will evaluate your medical records in order to ensure your doctors have documented each injury in order to prove the seriousness of those injuries.
Furthermore, we will eliminate any guesswork and tell you exactly what documents and information we need to pursue your case. While you focus on mending your injuries, we will focus on your case and handle all communication and paperwork with the insurance companies.
Will it Change My Case If My Motorcycle Is Defective?
If you believe there is a defective part of your motorcycle, you should disclose that information to an experienced motorcycle lawyer. If there is a defect resulting from the actions of the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of the part, or even where the garage where the bike was serviced, your attorney may be able to determine whether it was the cause of the accident. Some defects may include:
- Electrical Wiring Defects
- Brake Defects
- Defects of the Handlebars
- Lighting Defects Including Headlight, Taillight, and Turn Signal Defects
What Should I Look For In An Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
- The most important thing to check before hiring a lawyer after being injured in a motorcycle accident is to make sure they are licensed in your state AND that they focus on personal injury law.
- Our personal injury lawyers here are licensed in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- While it is important that the lawyer focuses on personal injury law, it is also important to ensure that your lawyer has experience in handling motorcycle accident matters specifically. Motorcycle accidents require slightly more knowledge and expertise than other types of personal injury matters so it is important that your lawyer is experienced.
- Our lawyers have extensive experience in representing injured motorcycles who have been hurt in collisions. We can help you reach a settlement.
- Once you have found a lawyer who meets the above requirements and suits your needs, give the office a call and discuss your case with them to see if it is a matter they can handle.
- Our office provides free (No obligation) case evaluations. Give us a call and we will evaluate your case to determine if it is something we handle and answer any questions you may have.
Why Call Us Today?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident you should call our office because we handle only personal injury and disability cases. Our lawyers have settled thousands of personal injury for over the past three decades. Experience is crucial when it comes to injury matters. That’s why our lawyers are the best people to handle your case. All of our lawyers have at least 20 years of experience handling injury cases like motorcycle accidents and can get you the best settlement possible. Our commitment to getting you the most money we can for your injuries in unmatched. We want you to be excited about our representation and obtain the best possible settlement you are entitled to. Call us toll-free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.