Have You Been Injured in a Car Accident in Woonsocket?
Call the Woonsocket Car Accident Lawyers for help!
If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to a cash settlement for any medical expenses, lost wages (if any) and pain and suffering, among other losses. We have been representing clients in car accident cases now for over 30 years and we charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Feel free to contact us toll-free for at (401) 762-4006 or fill out a contact form for a free (no obligation) consultation.
Our Woonsocket car accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their auto accident injuries for the past 30 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president and CEO of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an outstanding AVVO rating of 10 out of 10. Every one of the attorneys in our firm has at least 20 years of experience handling car accident cases.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Clients:
What Legal Fees Will I Be Required to Pay?
d’Oliveira and Associates will not charge any legal fees until you receive a settlement or an award for your injuries. Our firm charges a typical 1/3 fee of your settlement or award. We will also pay for out of pocket costs such as getting medical records, etc. We will collect these expenses from you if and when you receive an award.
What Steps Should I Take If I Was Involved In A Car Accident?
- Make sure to turn on your hazard lights and do not move your vehicle from the scene of the accident unless you are in harm’s way.
- If at all possible, take pictures of the location of the cars in the accident and any visible injuries sustained. It is also a good idea to take pictures of the damage done to both vehicles.
- Contact 911 or your local police department and inform them if anyone has been wounded or needs medical assistance.
- If possible, call a friend or family member to the scene of the accident to be a witness and take pictures.
- Collect information from any witness at the scene of the accident, including names and telephone numbers before they leave.
- Gather information from the other driver concerning his/her name, address and insurance company.
- If you can, take some notes of the car’s positions, road conditions, weather, time, place and any traffic violations.
- Seek out medical help as soon as possible if you are injured. Even if you do not feel as though you were injured, be aware that sometimes pain will not come about until hours or even days after the accident occurred.
How Much Is My Car Accident Case Worth?
If you were injured in an auto accident and it was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain and suffering, among other losses. As your lawyer, we will negotiate at length the pain and suffering portion of your claim. Pain and suffering are often times the most difficult part to talk about with insurance companies. Insurance companies do not value pain and suffering as being worth as much as our firm does. This is where our 30 years of experience as Woonsocket car accident lawyers can be incredibly important. Read more.
Are there Any Time Constraints When Filing a Claim?
Yes, there is a time frame with which you need to file a claim for your auto accident. It is crucial that you contact a lawyer right away after your accident to ensure they are part of the entire process. In the state of Rhode Island, the statute of limitations for almost all auto accident cases is three (3) years. This simply means you will have three (3) years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party for your injuries. Contacting a well-informed Woonsocket car accident lawyer will help you navigate your claim and make sure you are aware of the applicable statute of limitations.
What If The Other Driver Does Not Carry Car Insurance?
In some cases, you will run into an issue where the accident was caused by a driver who does not have insurance or by a driver of a hit-and-run vehicle. In both of these situations, they are considered “uninsured vehicles.” Even in these instances, there are a few different things that you can do to receive the compensation you deserve. You may collect uninsured motorist benefits from the vehicle you were in at the time the accident happened, and your insurance company is not allowed to raise your rates as long as you were not at fault. In some cases, you may even be able to collect uninsured motorist benefits from any other automobiles insured and owned by members of your household. Read more.
What Can I Do About My Property Damage?
In order to make sure that you obtain the correct amount for your property damage claim you should have an insurance appraiser examine your vehicle at the auto body shop with your mechanic present. Your mechanic should discuss your property damage claim with the claims adjustor directly. The mechanic is the best person, considering he will be the person fixing your vehicle, to negotiate the value of your property damage claim. This will help ensure you receive the correct amount of money you need to repair your vehicle. Read more.
What Are Important Things To Keep In Mind Regarding My Insurance Company?
- After the accident, make sure that you get in contact with your insurance company as soon as possible. Insurance companies will require you to file a claim in a reasonable amount of time. It is vital not to wait to file your claim.
- Go through your policy to determine the coverage you have and make sure that you file the proper claims. A knowledgeable Woonsocket car accident lawyer can help guide you through this complex process.
- Make sure to inform your insurance company about the particulars of the accident. You should also include the insurance information of the other parties that were in the accident.
- Be sure to keep any and all paperwork involved with your claim. This can be any medical expenses, repair bills and other papers or documents of costs.
- We recommend that you do not speak to the opposing party insurance company without speaking with a qualified Woonsocket car accident lawyer first. If you do choose to speak with to the opposing parties insurance company be sure that you:
DO NOT talk about how the accident occurred,
DO NOT agree to any offers to settle your claim until your doctor has cleared you from medical treatment and you are no longer experiencing any pain,
DO NOT sign any insurance waiver or release until your doctor has cleared you from treatment and you are no longer in pain… Read more.
What Is The Amount Of Insurance Coverage The Other Driver Has To Carry In RI?
In Rhode Island, the lowest liability coverage that an owner of a vehicle must carry is 25,000/50,000 dollars. This means any person injured has up to $25,000 coverage. However, if more than two people are hurt, there is $50,000 in coverage for everyone hurt. If your injuries are valued at more than 25,000/50,000, you would be able to collect underinsured motorist moneys from the car you were in and/or any vehicles owned by you and members of your household.
Seek The Legal Assistance of A Woonsocket Car Accident Lawyer
The insurance company’s main objective is to offer you as little money as possible in order to settle your case. There are many things that a skilled attorney can do in order to ensure that you get the best settlement possible for your case. This can include monitoring your medical treatment to make sure that your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, gathering and monitoring your medical records to make sure they have correctly documented any and all pain and suffering you have endured, guiding you regarding all aspects of your claim and, most importantly, negotiating with the insurance company to see that you obtain the greatest possible settlement for your injuries.
Why Hire d’Oliveira And Associates?
- Our firm has been handling car accident cases in the Woonsocket area for over 30 years.
- Each of our attorneys here have at least 20 years of experience in dealing with car accident cases.
- Your initial phone call will be answered 24/7.
- We will offer you a free (no obligation) case consultation.
- We have 15 convenient locations with which you can come to. It is also available for us to come directly to you.
- We charge no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award.
- We endeavor to answer all your questions in a timely manner.
Contact d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
“Let us focus on your case, while you focus on your recovery.” Call today at (401) 762-4006, or fill out a contact form for a free (no obligation) case consultation.
Car accident injuries can oftentimes be very serious. More often than not, your injuries extend well beyond the exact part of the body that is hurt. When you have to spend prolonged amounts of time with rehab, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, etc., it takes away from your ability to do other things that are important to your everyday life. These are all things that our experienced Woonsocket car accident lawyers here at d’Oliveira and Associates can obtain compensation for! Experience is key when choosing a law firm to represent your case. Experience can be the difference between getting an amount you settle on versus getting the amount that you actually need.
From Bellingham, MA:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take S. Main St. toward MA-126 S/S Main St. and turn right onto Mann St. Then turn left onto Rathburn St., continue onto Cumberland St. and then turn right onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on your right.
From Burrillville, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
From Chapel St. continue on Harrisville Main St. and turn left on RI-107/East Ave. Turn left onto RI-102 and continue onto RI-146A S. Make a slight left onto S Main St and continue onto Market Square. Turn right onto Bernon St and then turn left onto Front St. Turn right onto Court St and continue on Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on your left.
From North Smithfield, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Head north on RI-104 N/RI-5 N toward Brayton Rd and take a slight left onto RI-104 N/RI-15 N/RI-7 N. Take a slight right onto RI-104 N/RI-5 N and continue for 4.5 miles. Turn right onto Vose St. and then turn right onto Transit St. Turn right onto Front St and then another right onto Court St. Continue onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on the left.
From Cumberland, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Head north on RI-114 N toward Tuscan Ct. Turn left onto RI-120 W. Then right onto Mendon Rd. and continue onto Cumberland Hill Rd. Turn left onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on the right.