If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, scarring (if any), and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced Woonsocket motorcycle accident attorneys charge no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Call us toll free 24/7 or contact us online for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.
Have You Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Call The Woonsocket Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Now For A Free Case Evaluation.
The Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyers at d’Oliveira and Associates have been helping clients obtain cash settlements for their injuries for the past 30 years. Paul d’Oliveira, president of d’Oliveira and Associates, is admitted to practice law in RI and MA and has an outstanding AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
Call d’Oliveira and Associates 24/7 at (401) 762-4006. Our office is located at 62 Hamlet Ave. in Woonsocket, RI.
Clients’ Frequent Questions:
1. How Much Will You Charge To Bring My Motorcycle Accident Case?
Our firm does not charge any legal fees until you obtain settlement or award for your injuries. Once you do obtain a settlement or award, we will charge a 1/3 fee of your settlement or award, which is the industry standard. We also pay for costs such as gathering medical records.
2. How Should I React Immediately After Being In a Motorcycle Accident?
Even though the moments after you are involved in a motorcycle accident are hectic, you should keep in mind that these moments are most crucial in terms of the outcome of your case.
- Do not flee the scene
- Get yourself to safety and seek medical attention
- Don’t apologize or talk about fault
- Contact 911 to report the accident
- Acquire contact information from witnesses
- Take photographs and document the scene
- Be careful who you talk to
- Call a Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyer for legal assistance
3. How Much Will My Motorcycle Accident Case Be Worth?
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident that is not your fault, you may be entitled to medical bills, lost income and pain and suffering, among other losses. The pain and suffering element is the portion that we will, as your lawyer, battle with the insurance company the most. Insurance companies can be difficult, because they do not see pain and suffering as being worth as much as we do. This is where our many years of experience as Woonsocket motorcycle accident lawyers can be crucial.
4. How Do Most Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
- Rear-end collisions
- Drivers that fail to use turn signals when changing lanes
- Vehicles that turn in front of motorcyclists without paying attention to the rider
- Vehicles pushing motorcycles into the guard rails
- Drivers that don’t stop for red lights or stop signs
- Failure to follow posted speed limits
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
5. What Are Some Of The Common Injuries That Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Deal With?
- Head injuries, which includes traumatic brain injury, concussion, brain damage, and others
- Spinal cord injuries that make the injured a quadriplegic or a paraplegic
- Fractured bones, particularly to the joints (elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, wrists, pelvis, etc.)
- Road rash anywhere on the body
- Scarring and disfigurement that have the probability of requiring significant skin graft repairs
- Internal bleeding or hemorrhaging
- Injuries that require amputation
- Injury to soft tissue
- Wrongful Death
6. How Can I Avoid A Defect With My Motorcycle?
Before every ride on a motorcycle, operators should perform a full inspection of the bike. Like other vehicles, motorcycles must be properly taken care of and maintained. Owners should be careful to keep the engine in good working condition and inspect the tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment on the vehicle to make sure it will perform properly and reliably. Even for those operators who take care and exercise diligent safety practices, motorcycle manufacturer defects are not unheard of. Riders are wise to keep their eyes and ears out for recalls that are delivered by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association. Here are some examples of what motorcycle defects or motorcycle part defects could be:
- Defective Handlebars
- Defective Tires
- Defective Fuel line
- Defective Wiring
- Defective Brakes
- Defective Headlight, taillight, or turning signal
- And others…
In these cases, injured riders should speak to their Woonsocket motorcycle accident attorney about whether the manufacturer of the bike, the manufacturer of a defective part, or even the garage where the vehicle most recently received service or maintenance can be held liable to you for damages.
7. What Benefit Do I Get By Hiring An Experienced Woonsocket Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
The answer to this is simple. The insurance company will offer you the least amount of money possible to compensate you and to settle your case as quickly and effortlessly as possible. There are many things a seasoned lawyer can do to make sure you get the best possible compensation for your injuries. This can include monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests, locating and monitoring your medical records to make sure they document the pain and suffering you have sustained, advising you regarding every aspect of your claim, and most importantly, negotiating the greatest possible settlement for your injuries.
8. Can I Assist My Lawyer In Any Way?
- The key to working with your motorcycle accident lawyer is to act as soon as possible. As time goes by, physical evidence is destroyed or disappears, and witnesses’ memories become cloudy. Contacting a Woonsocket motorcycle lawyer immediately is your best bet to ensure you are fully compensated for all your injuries.
- Our motorcycle accident professionals will begin to gather evidence the moment you hire us.
- Contacting us right after you call the police ensures that our professional motorcycle accident investigator goes to the crash scene. The investigator will obtain and document the information needed to later help your case and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Acting quickly also ensures that you meet the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations bars the late filing of your legal claim. Therefore, if you do not act quickly, you run the risk of your claim being barred forever. If you do not meet the statute of limitations requirement, you will never receive the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries.
- Contacting d’Oliveira and Associates right away ensures that if you have a claim, it will be filed on time.
- We will tell you precisely what information to provide so there is no guessing; our firm will take care of all of the paperwork and we will deal with the legal, insurance, and medical systems so that you do not have to.
9. Do You Recommend Any Motorcyclist Safety Tips?
- Wear a legally approved, full-face helmet at all times
- Always wear motorcycle-specific protective gear (i.e. leather jacket, reinforced denim/textile pants)
- Ensure your apparel is high-visibility, so other motorists can always see you (bright colors, adorned with reflective strips)
- Use your headlights and turn signals
- Complete Motorcycle Safety Foundation trainings in your state
10. Why Call Us?
- We are available to handle your initial phone call about your accident 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- We will offer you a free (no obligation) evaluation of your motorcycle case.
- We can come to you, wherever you are, if either you prefer this or are unable to come into one of our 15 offices in RI or MA.
- We will charge you no legal fees unless you receive a settlement or award for your injuries.
- Your phone calls will always be returned as soon as possible.
- We are experienced and know all the tricks the insurance company adjustors are going to attempt to do to offer you less money than what your case is really worth.
Contact d’Oliveira & Associates Today!
Call d’Oliveira & Associates today at 1-800-992-6878, or fill out a contact form for your free (no obligation) case evaluation.
From Bellingham, MA:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Take S. Main St. toward MA-126 S/S Main St. and turn right onto Mann St. Then turn left onto Rathburn St., continue onto Cumberland St. and then turn right onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on your right.
From Burrillville, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
From Chapel St. continue on Harrisville Main St. and turn left on RI-107/East Ave. Turn left onto RI-102 and continue onto RI-146A S. Make a slight left onto S Main St and continue onto Market Square. Turn right onto Bernon St and then turn left onto Front St. Turn right onto Court St and continue on Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on your left.
From North Smithfield, RI:
Estimated drive time, 20 minutes
Head north on RI-104 N/RI-5 N toward Brayton Rd and take a slight left onto RI-104 N/RI-15 N/RI-7 N. Take a slight right onto RI-104 N/RI-5 N and continue for 4.5 miles. Turn right onto Vose St. and then turn right onto Transit St. Turn right onto Front St and then another right onto Court St. Continue onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on the left.
From Cumberland, RI:
Estimated drive time, 30 minutes
Head north on RI-114 N toward Tuscan Ct. Turn left onto RI-120 W. Then right onto Mendon Rd. and continue onto Cumberland Hill Rd. Turn left onto Hamlet Ave. Our office will be on the right.