If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm charges no fee until we get you the settlement or award that you deserve. Just call us toll free 24/7 at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out an online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation today!
Have You or a Loved One Suffered a Pedestrian Accident Injury?
Call a RI Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today!
What is a Pedestrian Accident Injury?
When it comes to motor vehicle personal injuries, most people only think car accidents result in physical injury. Unfortunately, those same negligent drivers in car accidents also hit pedestrians walking across the street. In fact, there were 5,977 pedestrian deaths by car in the U.S. in 2017. Even more important is that most pedestrian accidents occur in the evening when visibility is low and drivers are rushing to get home. The National Highway Safety Agency says 26% of all pedestrian fatalities occur in between 6 P.M. and 9 P.M.
What is my Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
If you have been hit by a motor vehicle while walking, you may be able to recover for injuries along with other losses. Typically, a pedestrian accident settlement or award compensates the injured victim for their medical bills, lost income, scarring (if applicable), and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our experienced RI pedestrian accident lawyers would love to assist you in getting the settlement or award that you deserve.
What are the Legal Fees?
You will be charged 1/3 of your settlement or award, which is the standard charge that most personal injury lawyers charge. You pay nothing until we get you the settlement or award that you deserve.
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident?
- If you are injured (even minor pain), call for medical assistance right away.
- Call the local police to respond to the scene so there is official documentation of the incident.
- Retrieve the information of the vehicle that hit you, such as, the driver’s name, insurance information, and car make and model.
- Take as many pictures as you can of the scene of the accident and the car that struck you.
- Gather the names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Contact an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in Rhode Island to help you get the best settlement.
Why are Pedestrian Accidents Harder to Win?
Pedestrian accidents are harder to prove because often the driver will tell the police officer that they did not see the pedestrian, especially if the victim is wearing dark clothing at night. We must prove that it was the fault of the driver who struck the pedestrian and often this can be a complex task. At a time when you should be focusing on your recovery, it is best to leave the proof up to an experienced RI pedestrian accident lawyer.
What are Common Injuries from a Pedestrian Accident?
Depending on how the accident occurs, victims can suffer varying degrees in severity of injuries. Some of the more serious injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Torn cartilage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal organ injuries
Why Should You Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
The insurance company’s goal is to offer you as little money as possible to settle your case. There are many things an experienced injury lawyer can do to make sure you get a good settlement, such as:
- Monitoring your medical treatment to make sure your doctors ordered the appropriate tests
- Monitoring the medical records to make sure your doctors document the pain and suffering you have sustained
- Advising you regarding every aspect of your claim
- Making sure all of your questions are answered
- Negotiating the best possible settlement for your injuries
Why Should You Call Us?
If you or a loved one has sustained an injury from a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering, among other losses. Our firm is working with experienced RI pedestrian accident lawyers to get you the settlement or award that you deserve. You can call us toll free right now at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out our online contact form for a free (no obligation) case evaluation.