If you or a loved one have taken the heartburn drug Prevacid and have experienced kidney problems, you may be eligible to compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and other losses. We are presently working with experienced Prevacid lawyers around the country, who are able to file a Prevacid lawsuit on your behalf and there is no fee until you receive a settlement or award. Contact us for a free (no obligation) case evaluation online or toll free at 1-800-992-6878.
Important: As first stated in 2004, heartburn medications, like Prevacid, has been linked to kidney inflammation, but was not placed on the label until 2014. Today, scientists are also warning about a connection with kidney disease.
Why Are Prevacid Lawsuits Being Filed?
Many Prevacid lawsuits claim that the manufacturer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U. S. A., Inc, has failed to provide suitable warnings to patients and their doctors about possible long-term health risks linked with their products.
Latest Prevacid Medical Studies on Side Effects:
- In April, 2015: CMAJ Open published a study finding that older users of Prevacid could be as high as three-times more likely to develop nephritis and two-times as likely to develop life-threatening kidney damage.
- In January, 2016: JAMA Internal Medicine found that Prevacid may significantly increase the risk of chronic kidney disease. The research discovered that users of Prevacid have a 45% greater chance of developing CKD when matched against patients not taking Prevacid.
- In April, 2016: The Journal of the American Society of Nephrology has distributed a study regarding long-term use of Prevacid with a 96% increased risk of kidney failure and a 26% increased risk of chronic kidney disease.
The public and the medical community should be aware of the possible risk and should exercise judicious use of PPI and limit use to where it is medically necessary and to the shortest duration possible.” – Yan Xie (Biostatistician at the Clinical Epidemiology Center, Perelman School of Medicine)
What Are Prevacid Side Effects?
- Symptoms of low magnesium level
- Bone fractures
- Blood test abnormalities
- Birth Defects
- Liver toxicity
- Heart attack or other cardiac effects
- Kidney disease
If you have had any of these side effects call an experienced Prevacid lawyer who will give you a free, no-risk consultation.
Which Illnesses Can Be Caused From Prilosec?
- Acute Kidney Injury: Acute kidney injuries consist of the sudden loss of kidney function, which may arise after taking a heartburn medication. Despite the fact that several users will regain typical kidney function, roughly 10% of patients with acute kidney failure may be permanently effected, causing end-stage kidney failure and further complications.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Chronic kidney disease from heartburn medications may cause bodily wastes to accumulate to high levels in the blood, which could ultimately lead to kidney failure, the requirement of life-long dialysis treatments or a necessary kidney transplant operation.
- Acute Interstitial Nephritis: Studies show that heartburn medications increase the risk of acute interstitial nephritis, which involves irritation and inflammation of the kidneys, which could lead to chronic and long-term injury if the drug is not discontinued.
What Is Being Done By The FDA?
- In 2010: A high number of incidents reported to the FDA indicated a possible link to birth defects of the heart when the medication was taken during pregnancy.
- In 2010: A consumer warning was issued by the FDA concerning Prevacid and other heartburn drugs regarding the increase in risk of bone fractures and weakening of bone structures.
- In late 2011: Another warning about Prevacid was issued by the FDA indicating a possible increase the risk of neurological, muscular and cardiac effects due to low magnesium levels in the blood.
Why Contact Us?
If you or a loved one has suffered a complication you believe may be linked to Prevacid, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. It is very important to get in contact with an experienced Prevacid lawyer that can help you with your possible claim. We are currently working with some of the more experienced Prevacid lawyers across the country and will be able to provide you with the help that you need. Please contact us at 1-800-992-6878 or fill out a contact form for a free legal consultation. There are no legal fees until you receive a settlement or award.